Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
Not on the same level. High sticks are fairly common and generally accidental (though sometimes reckless). He’d have to swing his stick at his face like he’s holding a baseball bat to rise to the same level.
So are leaf fans admitting that missed high sticks are part of the game?

Gilmour.jpg

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I don't think the refs favoured any team throughout the game but that ending sequence with the hold on Matthews no call then the Tavares call would make any fanbase mad.

Just a distraction for the Leafs though. They didn't lose because of it.
given the situation, and the time on the clock and whatnot, yeah i can see them being annoyed if they disagreed with the calls.

I just didn’t disagree with those two calls

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
So are leaf fans admitting that missed high sticks are part of the game?

Gilmour.jpg
They happen every game so it’s ok and they don’t have to be called. They are like jaywalking. But tripping is like assault and battery i think, and must be called.

Something like that. He lost everyone about an hour ago

• Love
Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Sorry, you were saying? When you listen to the entire quote, context changes, doesn’t it?

Sure, it’s gamesmanship but he 100% compliments the little prick.

“Well, I mean, you gotta play through it. You gotta recognize he's a world class player, both in ability and how he plays, in the gamesmanship and everything. It's world class, and he's been in the league long enough, as you can see. He gets calls. It's unbelievable, actually, how it goes. But we gotta play through that, gotta play through that stuff. I don't think there's another player in this series that gets away with taking out Bertuzzi's legs the way that he does. There's not one other player in the series that gets away with that, but he does. It's an art, and he's elite at it. So we have to manage our way through that, avoid putting ourselves in situations where he can put us in those spots. And as far as his game, I think we've managed that pretty well, for the most part. Obviously, tonight, we make a mistake at a key time that allows him to get the winner.”

He is begging for calls, no compliments.

Reactions: YukonCornelius

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Man oh man, you'd think fans have seen hockey before.
It amazes me that so many invest so much time in complaining about the refs while their own team had 2 more PPs that Boston and failed to score on all of them. It would be more productive to look inward than out. But that's just me.
If you score on one or two of those power plays, a bad call doesn't matter!

Officiating is crap, all around. For every team. There are weak calls and missed calls all the time.

Good teams suck it up and kill a penalty and take advantage of weak calls in favor and score. Toronto fans should realize this by now, it's been like this for.... Well forever.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Just watched the Keefe interview.

That was definitely not complimentary at all on Marchand.

Keefe is definitely looking like he knows the hammer is close.

Whiny. Now, if Monty starts Ullmark both guys should probably get fired.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ghost of Murph

Dec 23, 2023
Swayman is 5-0 this season against Toronto. The team for whatever reason gives up noticably less high danger shots when he's in compared to Ullmark. Extra day rest before game 4. Any coach who would not start Swayman is overthinking things. After last season's playoff debacle Montgomery needs to just make obvious choices. It isn't complex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad