Series Talk: ECQF: Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Series Tied 3-3)

What will be the outcome of this series?

• Boston in 4

Votes: 95 6.1%
  • Boston in 5

Votes: 307 19.8%
  • Boston in 6

Votes: 445 28.7%
  • Boston in 7

Votes: 277 17.8%
  • Toronto in 4

Votes: 20 1.3%
  • Toronto in 5

Votes: 38 2.4%
  • Toronto in 6

Votes: 188 12.1%
  • Toronto in 7

Votes: 183 11.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Leafs special team coach should be fired immediately, like he should not even get a chance to step into the locker room. Brutal is an understatement, 0/5 PP while generating almost nothing. I think we have 1 PP goal this series ? Under 10%

PK is at what 50% ?

People can whine about the McAvoy hold or Marchand trip, it doesn't matter. Our guys scored 2 goals AGAIN, and generated absolutely nothing on the powerplay, they don't have the right to blame the refs.

Boston converted on their chances, Marchand played a phenomenal game absolute beast tonight, Swayman was good.

We had our chances but once again, failed to convert. Just beyond frustrated with the special teams at this point.

thekernel

Apr 11, 2011
It's funny, I can't figure out who's going to choke harder. Both teams have now given up game-winners in the 3rd at home

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Bruins overcame the script! Not nearly physical enough and Maroon is useless.

Yet tenacity and Bruins key players are elevating and overcoming obstacles.
Leafs outplayed the Bruins but couldn't generate any scoring chances. Samsonov was bad again. Neither team looks like they have a chance against Florida/Tampa

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Leafs special team coach should be fired immediately, like he should not even get a chance to step into the locker room. Brutal is an understatement, 0/5 PP while generating almost nothing. I think we have 1 PP goal this series ? Under 10%

PK is at what 50% ?

People can whine about the McAvoy hold or Marchand trip, it doesn't matter. Our guys scored 2 goals AGAIN, and generated absolutely nothing on the powerplay, they don't have the right to blame the refs.

Boston converted on their chances, Marchand played a phenomenal game absolute beast tonight, Swayman was good.

We had our chances but once again, failed to convert. Just beyond frustrated with the special teams at this point.
Good post

Swayman and ullmark are kinda the X factors

Samsonov has been solid…. But Boston goalies are making game saving saves all over

Reactions: AvroArrow

BB79

Apr 30, 2011
It's funny, I can't figure out who's going to choke harder. Both teams have now given up game-winners in the 3rd at home
We pretty much expected the Leafs to bounce back in game 2 then return to being the Leafs in game 3. That's exactly what happened.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Don't care about the ref talk and haven't read it. I posted in the GDT that the game will turn right when Domi hit Swayman and woke the sleepy Bruins up. Toronto was outplaying them (you could argue the Bruins were coasting in game one and it was self-inflicted wounds the Leafs were doing rather than the Bruins dominating or outplaying by a large margin) but the Bruins need a reason to get fired up and suddenly it was a Brad Marchand Bruins playoff game.

I expect the Leafs to even it out going back to Boston. We all know this is going to seven but the Bruins don't win game 7's at home anymore recently...

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Bruins dont actually look good - this is probably the worst version of a bruins team we've played against. It's unfortunate but Marner is just dog shit and we are missing Nylander.

Hopefully he's back soon - bench marner and hopefully trade him in the offseason and use cap relief on D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad