GDT: ECQF (2019) Game 2 - CBJ vs TBL (Jackets lead series 1-0)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
OP of original GDT

Trying to go up 2-0. Just play like period 3 all game. Go Jackets

REPLAY SCHEDULE OF CBJ-LIGHTNING 2019 PLAYOFF SERIES
  • Wednesday, April 8 – 8 p.m. ET (replay on April 9, 12 p.m. ET)
  • Thursday, April 9 – 8 p.m. ET (replay on April 10, 12 p.m. ET)
  • Friday, April 10 – 8 p.m. ET (replay on April 11, 12 p.m. ET)
  • Saturday, April 11 – 8 p.m. ET

FSO still hasn't added games to its broadcast schedule.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
"tried to get the 4th goal they didn't need"?!? That still sounds lame. There's no way he actually believed that!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
That Bjork to Duchene to Panarin goal was almost as beautiful as holding my newborn daughter for the first time.

Man I wish we had gotten Duchene before that season started. I think we could have kept him if he got to live here longer and appreciate our fans more. Panarin was as good as gone though.

I miss him, but f*** him at the same time.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
What's crazy to me is how LAZY Tampa was on a lot of the goals in Game 2.

-First goal: Cam is left unmarked in front of the net to tap in his own rebound. How do the Lightning not have Dmen prepared to clear out space in front of the crease or at least attempt a stick lift?
-Third goal: Same applies here, but it's a PP so they just ran out of bodies. Duchene left totally unmarked to give it a couple whacks on the doorstep.
-Fourth goal: A broken play...Jenner is just trying to dump it in essentially on a bit of a line change, ends up in a board battle...wins that...and then shovels it to the middle of the ice to an open Nash who is given time and space to pick a spot. Just atrocious D there by Tampa.
-Fifth goal: Similar to the Nash goal but with a couple more guys and one more pass...lines start changing but Panarin rides the Tampa defender to the wall/corner in a board battle. Another Tampa player comes over as does Bjorkstrand. Bjorkstrand emerges with the puck and then the THREE Tampa players in the D zone all start puck chasing. Eyes are only on the puck, they're all lunging at it. That gives Bjorkstrand time to float a cross-ice pass to Duchene (who I believe just came on via line change) all alone. Forces the goalie to move all the way across the crease. The Tampa players...basically stop skating. No one pays any attention to the most dangerous player on the ice (Panarin). He goes straight to the back door / crease and is left all alone.

Really, really sloppy / lazy defensive plays by the Lightning. They didn't want to do the hard work of clearing the doorstep for the goalie or at least making it difficult for guys to tap in their own rebounds. Then in the 3rd, they really broke down on plays in their own zone. Lost board battles for the puck (pretty quickly, actually) and lost the trailing guy. I mean, if I was a Tampa fan I'd be furious at all of the defensive lapses.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
I forgot Wennberg was scratched this ENTIRE series. Torts eventually rotated in Wennberg for Texier and then I believe Dzingel also got scratched for a game in the Boston series.

But if Dubinsky doesn't go LTIR and Duchene re-signs, I don't think Wennberg is currently on the team. He was on his way out in the playoffs last year. Then the center depth crumbled around him.

Reactions: Cowumbus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->