2. MCH at SPR
Sun Apr 28 4:00 PM
3. SPR at MCH
Thu May 2 7:00 PM
4. SPR at MCH
Sat May 4 7:00 PM *
5. MCH at SPR
Sun May 5 4:00 PM *​

Springfield are returning to the play-offs for the first time since 2003 and Bryan Helmer is returning for yet another post-season, Helmer has the AHL play-off games played with 158 and he has three Calder Cups to go to his name. The Monarchs clinched their spot with a 3-1 win over the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins in the Penguins final game. The Springfield Falcons had the rule over the Manchester Monarchs in the regular season with them winning 4-1-0-1 over the course of the season. Jonathan Audy-Marchessault had a great season for the Falcons leading the team with 21G 46A but was matched in points by the Monarch's top scorer, Linden Vey who had one more goal than JAM but one fewer assist to finish with 22G 45A.

Thanks to Mass Live for help with info

Last edited:

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
Nice to see Springfield back in it. Havent really heard any yearly death watch crap on them this year. Was attendance great for a good team?
Affiliation and arena lease were renewed through next season, prior to New Year's, hence no death watch -- for now.
Attendance was up several hundred per game, but still under the 4,000 level that supposedly ensures sustainability. Time will tell! I'm sure the threats will resurface next season.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Affiliation and arena lease were renewed through next season, prior to New Year's, hence no death watch -- for now.
Attendance was up several hundred per game, but still under the 4,000 level that supposedly ensures sustainability. Time will tell! I'm sure the threats will resurface next season.

It's too bad they are with Columbus lol. Are you chalking this up to a fluke unexpected season?

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
It's too bad they are with Columbus lol. Are you chalking this up to a fluke unexpected season?
The first two Columbus seasons were a major improvement over the Edmonton fiasco...and the Tampa fiasco before that...and the Phoenix fiasco before that. So, part of me says this year is simply the progression of a good relationship. But another part of me fears it was a fluke brought upon by (a) the NHL lockout, (b) getting lucky in finding a good coach for a change, and (c) getting lucky with a good goaltender who stayed healthy and didn't get called up.

In all, I don't see the Columbus affiliation as a negative. At its best, thus far it has produced the best Falcons team in 15 years. At its worst, it was still superior to pretty much any other Falcons team of the last decade. Hard to call that a bad thing.

MM658

Feb 7, 2011
Springfield, MA area
Thanks, IceCapsFan!

If TicketMaster can be believed, it's very encouraging to see that tickets seem to be selling well for Game 1 in Springfield this Saturday.

Sunday afternoon's Game 2 has a lot more availability, but that's typical of Sunday afternoon games, here. I'll be at Game 2 (and Game 5, if necessary).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad