ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
seriously, what the **** was Gudas thinking? Unbelievable.
It was "no one's fault" when Giroux's elbow just "accidentally" collided with Letang's head in game 2. "He was just skating backwards and there was no where for him to go."

But now why so many fingers being pointed at Gudas who was just skating backwards and collided with Couts?

Seems a little hypocritcal.... But also deliciously ironic.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It was "no one's fault" when Giroux's elbow just "accidentally" collided with Letang's head in game 2. "He was just skating backwards and there was no where for him to go."

But now why so many fingers being pointed at Gudas who was just skating backwards and collided with Couts?

Seems a little hypocritcal.... But also deliciously ironic.

1. 1 finger. Since the video was posted, the only person who had anything bad to say about Radko (edit: since I typed this, it was also pointed out that Radko isn't exactly a brain trust, which is also true, but irrelevant to the situation) was the one person you quoted. Every other comment was along the lines of "our coach is an idiot" or "that looked nasty, but it was clearly an accident."

I'll make it clear: that was no one's fault (except the coaches.) Either Gudas should have had the lane, or Couturier should have had the lane; it's the responsibility of the coaching staff to make sure two people, especially one who's skating backwards, don't need to occupy the same space at the same time.

Similarly, Crosby pushing G into Letang? Also nobody's fault. Crosby didn't see Letang through Giroux, Claude didn't have any recourse but to square up to absorb the collision, Letang didn't see G and didn't know he needed to square up. Pure accident.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
1. 1 finger. Since the video was posted, the only person who had anything bad to say about Radko (edit: since I typed this, it was also pointed out that Radko isn't exactly a brain trust, which is also true, but irrelevant to the situation) was the one person you quoted. Every other comment was along the lines of "our coach is an idiot" or "that looked nasty, but it was clearly an accident."

I'll make it clear: that was no one's fault (except the coaches.) Either Gudas should have had the lane, or Couturier should have had the lane; it's the responsibility of the coaching staff to make sure two people, especially one who's skating backwards, don't need to occupy the same space at the same time.

Similarly, Crosby pushing G into Letang? Also nobody's fault. Crosby didn't see Letang through Giroux, Claude didn't have any recourse but to square up to absorb the collision, Letang didn't see G and didn't know he needed to square up. Pure accident.

Yeah, originally i thought it was poor gap control, didn't realize he was receiving a pass.

Also, the logic behind the quoted poster is astounding.

Dacks

Militant Pacifist
Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa
Flyers aren't dumb. They saw the Doughty suspension - they know things have to look accidental.

Giroux on Letang was just the start, people! A test run! Now Gudas is laying the groundwork for injuring Sid. I can see the defense now: "How could I have injured him intentionally when I did the same thing to Couturier in practice just yesterday?" Injuring your own player to build up a future alibi. Just evil.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
LolGudas. Knows he's on his final strike so goes after his own rather than risk suspension.

Grandma Bingo

May 14, 2013
One of the biggest things the playoffs are about is who will step up that hasn't been prominent or as prominent during the regular season

Even without injury thrusting them into a more prominent role

Hornqvist missed Games 2-7 of the ECF last year and Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals

The Penguins went 5-2 in those 7 games

If Hornqvist misses significant time will someone or several someones step up this year? Maybe maybe not, but it's entirely within the realm of possibility that that is what will happen, enough for the Penguins to keep on winning. Also entirely within the realm of possibility that they slump offensively and have a bad time. I think the former is more likely than the latter, the Penguins have been very good (or very lucky) (or both) at getting through injuries in their defense, in net, and up front in the playoffs the 2 previous seasons
Last year they had Kunitz to stand in front of the net and disrupt on the Power Play.

They don't have anyone other than Hornqvist this year that is willing to take that abuse.

We'll see who steps up.

ponder719

Haute Couturier
Jul 2, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Flyers aren't dumb. They saw the Doughty suspension - they know things have to look accidental.

Giroux on Letang was just the start, people! A test run! Now Gudas is laying the groundwork for injuring Sid. I can see the defense now: "How could I have injured him intentionally when I did the same thing to Couturier in practice just yesterday?" Injuring your own player to build up a future alibi. Just evil.

See? THIS is why we think Radko's a bit thick. If he's going to do that, he could have just backed his ass into Lehtera. The collision would have been slow enough that Jorald would likely only have tweaked something, and we could have replaced him with someone who plays hockey.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh

That does not sound good TBH.

Just speculating of course, but if it was just something that looked worse than it was why be cagey about it? They would have said he is ok, right? Obviously it is something that needs evaluation which likely is not good.

deepelemblues

May 25, 2016
Pittsburgh
Last year they had Kunitz to stand in front of the net and disrupt on the Power Play.

They don't have anyone other than Hornqvist this year that is willing to take that abuse.

We'll see who steps up.

Well according to what you just said there no one will step up because only Hornqvist is willing to take that abuse *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad