ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) Philadelphia Flyers | Pittsburgh Leads Series 3-2

who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

mdm815

Dec 22, 2005
pa
Flyers fan here, saying Pens in 5. Six if we squeak out a weird one. The bottom end of our defense and our lackluster depth up front will get exposed over a series, especially w Hakstol at the helm of lineups/matchups.
For it to be a competitive series, the kids will all have to maintain a reasonably high level of play, and guys who have been quiet, especially at EV like Simmonds, and some of of our trash like Filp and Lehtera will have to elevate their game (which to date does not seem like a reasonable prediction).
Oh and one of the goalies will have to turn in several amazing performances. Really I’m just glad we are in the dance and the young guys are getting experience. That said the fan in me says you know never know haha

Jun 16, 2008
Blighty
Hello, Flyers.

Everyone else in the league will be rooting for good popcorn material, but I'm hoping Sullivan continues to lock down the pull into any extracurricular activities after the whistles a lot more than Disco Dan ever did.

Reactions: farscape1

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
5v5 GF%

PHI 51.85
PIT 48.07

As a PIT fan, this is telling that PIT is going to have their hands full with any team during playoff reffed hockey. If refs call a tight series, then PIT should have this in 6, if not PHI in 7. PIT is very vulnerable.

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
You must be kidding right?

Why would he be kidding?
Who ever wins this series is going to moving on with a lot of wear and tear and damage. For Philly, it's awesome. They aren't a cup contender. An opportunity to possibly upset PIT is amazing. For PIT, they are a cup contender and this is going to be a rough series. Why would PIT want PHI over NJD or CBJ? lol. Even if you think NJD is a better team who would be tougher to beat. The series will also be a lot less rough.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Exactly what I wanted (and I think everyone in the NHL wanted).

Likely Penguins in 5...but I'm hoping we pull something special off here to make it a good series.

Reactions: TheAngryHank

TheTechNoir

fall 2021 bull, probably
Feb 18, 2013
The Pens will be destroyed by the Flyers toughness, brah. Just like Columbus last season.

Yeah because PIT and CBJ totally have the rivalry and history of PIT and PHI. Both teams are going to be battered when this one is done. Who are you kidding?

Philly is hopeless for the cup, they have nothing to lose. This is the series I was hoping for. Pit isn't hopeless for the cup, they have everything to lose. This is a tough first match, even if it is favorable for advancing. At what cost?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is always fun. If the flyers had goaltending that I trust, I might have even picked them to advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad