ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) New York Rangers | Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I hate when there's a big layoff between games when the team is hot. It usually seems to favor the team that lost the previous game, as they get more time to regroup and put the loss behind them.

The only positive is it gives the Pens an extra day for some of their walking wounded to maybe get back closer to playing. But then again, it gives the Rangers the same luxury.

WhatsaMaatta

Feb 2, 2008
Does anyone know Girardi's personal address? I'd like to send him a get well soon card. The Pens need him this series.

Headshot77

Bad Photoshopper
Feb 15, 2015
I hate when there's a big layoff between games when the team is hot. It usually seems to favor the team that lost the previous game, as they get more time to regroup and put the loss behind them.

The only positive is it gives the Pens an extra day for some of their walking wounded to maybe get back closer to playing. But then again, it gives the Rangers the same luxury.

Meh. This long layoff means we are potentially getting Fleury, Malkin, and Rust back. We could roll this lineup:

Kunitz-Crosby-Hornqvist (Best posession line in hockey, 62.2% CF)
Sheary-Malkin-Rust (Basically Malone-Malkin-Sykora from 2009)
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel (An average 2nd line)
Kuhnhackl-Cullen-Fehr (An average third line)

Maatta-Letang
Dumolin-Daley
Cole-Lovejoy-Schultz-Pouliot

Fleury
Mah boy Zats

That, my friends, is a fully operational battle station.

mikethelegacy

formerly mikelegacy
May 9, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa
Meh. This long layoff means we are potentially getting Fleury, Malkin, and Rust back. We could roll this lineup:

Maatta-Letang
Dumolin-Daley

Fleury
Mah boy Zats

Seeing some of those names last year, I would have been like "oh god, we are basically Wilkes Barre", but holy cow have the young guys impressed me. They are my favorite to watch on the team. When Sheary and Kuhn are out there I'm almost as excited as when Sid is. I honestly feel they are that dangerous. They create so much pressure.

XanderCrews34

Mar 28, 2014

Maatta-Letang
Dumolin-Daley

Fleury
Mah boy Zats

Can I ask why you would compare the two Malkin lines? I don't see the similarities.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
I think Girardi is really banged up.

If he was "injured" as part of some healthy scratch ploy, then that would mean AV is getting it.

And AV is a moron...

JWells16

Nov 4, 2006
Raleigh, NC

Maatta-Letang
Dumolin-Daley

Fleury
Mah boy Zats

How is Sheary - Malkin - Rust like Malone - Malkin - Sykora?

rintinw

Oct 9, 2014
Yeah I was thinking that too :s

Besides, Malone wasn't even on the team in '09, and Sykora was swapping out on the 4th line with Satan by then. It was Feds-Malkin-Talbot.

Fun fact:
Malone - Sykora duo had a combined 4.0 mil AAV (2.625 + 1.375) in 2007/08 season = 7.9% of team cap (when team cap was 50.7 mil).
Fedotenko - Talbot duo had a combined 2.925 AAV (2.250 + 0.675) in 2008/09 season = 5.2% of team cap (when team cap was 56.7 mil).

Rust - Sheary duo has a combined 1.567 AAV (0.900 + 0.667) in 2015/16 season = 2.2% of team cap (when team cap is 71.4 mil).

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

FYI, Malkin off IR means nothing necessarily. There are no restrictions on roster size for the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad