ECQF: (2) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (3) New York Rangers | Series Tied 1-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
I don't know about a significant difference, but even as a player, if you have a cage it's not the same as wearing a shield.

Right, but a shield is not an option for a goalie. Just wondering whether the cage (which is stick-proof) would be any different for Lundqvist compared to his current mask.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
So Dan Girardi is effectively a healthy scratch. Beware, Pens fans - the worst Corsi player in the league is no longer playing against you.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Right, but a shield is not an option for a goalie. Just wondering whether the cage (which is stick-proof) would be any different for Lundqvist compared to his current mask.

I'm sure there would be a big difference the first couple of times using it, I don't think there would be a significant difference after that. What I was trying to say is, as a player, when you have a cage it's noticeable compared to being able to see clear. The less gap in the cage, the worse is it. When the gap is big, your eyes are less likely to see it - much like a shield, or a different cage. So it's noticeable, but I don't think it makes a huge difference.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
I'm shocked at how civil these threads have been. We'll show this thread to our future alien overlords as proof that we should not be eradicated and that humanity still has hope.

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Meh, the Rangers D still isn't good and I don't doubt that Girardi will be back in as soon as he's healthy.

Dan Girardi never gets injured. Or maybe he does, but it's pretty incredible how few games he's missed over the years with the style he plays. So I refuse to believe that he's actually injured enough not to play a playoff game.

Our defense sucks regardless, but at least that's one less player that will be giving the puck away like candy on Halloween.

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
I'm shocked at how civil these threads have been. We'll show this thread to our future alien overlords as proof that we should not be eradicated and that humanity still has hope.

We'll need to hide the other threads...

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC

There has definitely been a noticeable lack of Rangers fans posting in this and the GDT.

I think a lot of us try to avoid the main boards for some obvious reasons. The threads from last year's ECF got pretty brutal with the Ranger hate. People were losing their minds over ticky tacky hooking calls, and the "CHI-NY big market ratings" bias thing was a very strong narrative towards the end there.

One of my favorite instances of this was TB being penalized for too many men on the ice and people went nuts over it. As if too many men on the ice is a subjective call and be categorized as "soft".

Finesse

nostromo
Dec 9, 2013
There has definitely been a noticeable lack of Rangers fans posting in this and the GDT.

I think a lot of us try to avoid the main boards for some obvious reasons. The threads from last year's ECF got pretty brutal with the Ranger hate. People were losing their minds over ticky tacky hooking calls. The "CHI-NY big market ratings" thing was a very strong narrative towards the end there.

One of my favorite instances of this was TB being penalized for too many men on the ice and people went nuts over it. As if too many men on the ice is a subjective call and be categorized as "soft".

Yeah, that must have been an enjoyable conversation.

:facepalm:

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
I think that it is more that we all mutually hate another team in our division far more than we ever hated each other.

Also, neither of these teams is especially physical so there has not been the borderline psychopath hits that can drive up the hatred juices.

Finally the ones who have come to this thread merely want to talk hockey and seem like good people.

Just a theory.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
What is it with coaches and their love fest for Tanner Glass? This is the third consecutive coach that plays him way more than they should when in reality he shouldn't be in the nhl. Baffling to say the least.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
I think that it is more that we all mutually hate another team in our division far more than we ever hated each other.

Also, neither of these teams is especially physical so there has not been the borderline psychopath hits that can drive up the hatred juices.

Just a theory.

Also there really isn't much to say about Game 1. The mistakes the Rangers made were obvious; the Penguins made the Rangers pay for them as good teams do. That's about it in a nutshell.

No questionable hits. No extracurricular stuff. The refs were bad all around.

So no reason for bad blood. Yet.

Ace101

Apr 2, 2014

Better sight lines in the one Lundqvist and a lot of other goalies use.

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I think it's our mutual hatred and embarrassment of having had Tanner Glass on our respective teams.That's a strong bond that will never be broken. Canucks fans can get in on this too.

barbosa

Mar 21, 2016
Pittsburgh

me too. i've gone to many pens games in opposing cities, and my games at the garden are by far the worst when it comes to getting chirped and heckled. philly fans are surprisingly very benign.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
What is it with coaches and their love fest for Tanner Glass? This is the third consecutive coach that plays him way more than they should when in reality he shouldn't be in the nhl. Baffling to say the least.

I thought the Glass line was the 2nd most effective line in game one as far as pressure went.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->