• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Will Kadrigate be the main excuse if the leafs lose this series
No excuses if the leafs lose, the bruins deserve it. They are a elite team mind you. The leafs are a really good team as well. The bruins slapped the leafs in game 1 and 2. But I think toronto has the ability to make this a best of 3 series. Kadri or not this series should be 6 games atleast woth a game 7 looking possible. Just need Marchand to be himself and snap. Get himself suspended and the leafs can capitalize. Pasta and Bergeron are not dirty players for most part. Marchand looked angry tonight. He will either light up the board game 4 or do something really stupid. Hoping as a leaf fan he tries to cross check or slow foot someone and gets suspended for a game or two.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
That was a strange game.
Not sure what the refs were doing? Was kinda like how you'd ref 16 year-olds versus 12 year-olds to keep it fair, always expecting that no matter how much you favoured the 12 year-olds, that the 16 year-olds would win. But they never.

not if Toronto wins game 4.
Boy it is a sad day in BC when Vancouver fans cheer on Boston to beat another team.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
I thought Boston was supposed to be a team of tough bullies who are favored if the refs put the whistles away, which they did. Not sure why you'd whine

Was just a strangely reffed game. Not sure that's whining. From the delay of game penalty to the we won't call it icing and a few in between, there were a few weird calls tonight that aren't actually judgement calls. Was a bit bewildered on the over the glass penalty. I don't expect refs to be perfect but... ? Really?

razkaz

Oct 3, 2013
Was just a strangely reffed game. Not sure that's whining. From the delay of game penalty to the we won't call it icing and a few in between, there were a few weird calls tonight that aren't actually judgement calls. Was a bit bewildered on the over the glass penalty. I don't expect refs to be perfect but... ? Really?
I'd say the game was reffed no worse or better than the other games. Lots of crap got let go, don't think one team got away with more than the other. Plenty of missed calls around but the one positive was better linesmen compared to game 2 so that's a plus.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Honestly, the refs didn’t help Boston as much as the first two games. It’s reallt not fair to the Bruins. They got used to getting a PP for every hit and mean look against, and it was just taken away!

They still got away with a good half dozen blatantly dirty plays, but just getting away with it isn’t good enough. They’re used to being rewarded for it!

Very unfair.

AvroArrow

69 for Papi
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Four pages of thread/game discussion and not one mention or complaint about the blown (delay of game) call by the refs, which led to a goal on the ensuing powerplay? Hmm....

There was tons of talk about that, as well as about 10 interference penalties that went uncalled against the B's, as well as the countless blown/missed calls in game 1/2.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Pierre McGuire was commenting on it all game on the NBCSN feed. He eventually seemed pretty annoyed.

The Murph

Feb 25, 2018
Good game by the Leafs.

Have to expect the Bruins to come out with there best game Thursday, wanting to finish it at home Saturday.

Going to be a beauty game.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Sure because of Campbells own will, but I'm sure Bruins Goggles Edwards wanted a stoppage. Its embarrassing how biased he is though, there's supposed to be professionalism in sports commentary and he has none of it whatsoever.

Like he was legitimately getting angry during his call tonight, losing his composure..that shouldn't happen for any NHL commentator. I should be able to watch the Bruins feed and see just as much impartialness as the Leafs feed.

This is random but the Capitals and Rangers have great commentators for the games shown on their local channels. Professional. I mean they still kind of root for the team, but they do it in a way that still makes them come off as professional and trustworthy.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Agreed, it was weird they let Hyman get slew footed right in the middle of the play with no call.

Watching the whistles get put away was fun.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Fuming That His Dives Not Called... Marchand Refuses to Speak to Media... Heads Straight for Team Bus

200w.gif

(it could have happened)

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
They weren't skating in the first two games? You are going to have to explain to me why they weren't doing that... apart from the fact that they were!!! Were they on snowshoes? I'm lost... I guess the playoffs just aren't important enough? hmmm...

Obviously Chara isn't a great skater.. there are plenty of players that can compensate for that by being effective defensively, and being 7'0 tall on skates sure helps..

Boston did a good jon clogging up the middle not allowing the long stretch passes. But you tell me why they were not skating. Because thats the frusturating part of sports. Sometimes you watch your team perform and they just dont do what you know they can do.

But kappanen actually has exploited your slow d several times already this series... he just hasnt scored. Which is why you have forgotten about it.

Chara is a slow skater. Thats just as much of a reality as hes also 6’9.

Leafs were beating him to the pucks on several occasions when they were pressuring.

Clog up the neutral zone and the leafs forwards cant skate as much.

Fail at clogging it up and we will skate your d into the ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad