• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Leafs first goal should obviously never have happened either.

The penalty that led to the goal should have never happened, correct.

I am talking about the physical goal itself.

Andy had 95% of that one. And he should have been able to get all of it.

Some Leaf fans were upset by the second one, but that was just a perfect shot by Chara

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
They blew the whistle right away when McQuaid went down as well.

I prefer that to having a player laying on the ice while the play continues like Komarov last game.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
The amount of empty nets the Bruins missed was kind of crazy. As a Leaf fan I would be really worried that wasn't good.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
The amount of empty nets the Bruins missed was kind of crazy. As a Leaf fan I would be really worried that wasn't good.

We should be worried the Bruins were too shitty to finish off their chances? you only worry when the DO finish off their chances.

Leafs could have won this game 5-0 if they played their best, but they didn't and still won, Leafs are a great home team which leads me to believe this is going to be a 2-2 series headed back to Boston.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Series 5v5 Score Adjusted

TOR

47.3cf%
47.9scf%
48.2hdcf%
48.4xgf%

Last edited:
Reactions: cookie

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
Yea at this point I don't care how they win, as long as they win.

If Bruins miss 100 empty nets and kill us in corsi, but we score the one goal that deflects off a stanchion and off Charas face and still win, I'll be happy.

Way more worried about games 1 & 2.

glucker

Aug 22, 2008
London, ON
Bitter about what? We're ahead in the series. This game could have been another blowout if it wasn't for some serious luck in net by Anderson. With the way the Bruins are getting chances on that butter soft Leaf defense, I'm not worried going forward.
If Boston hasn’t bad insane puck luck and official help, they’d still be looking for their first win.

Suck it up.

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
They didn't. He played on it for a minute

Sure because of Campbells own will, but I'm sure Bruins Goggles Edwards wanted a stoppage. Its embarrassing how biased he is though, there's supposed to be professionalism in sports commentary and he has none of it whatsoever.

Like he was legitimately getting angry during his call tonight, losing his composure..that shouldn't happen for any NHL commentator. I should be able to watch the Bruins feed and see just as much impartialness as the Leafs feed.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Chara is SLOOOOWWWWW. Leafs need to keep exploiting the big guy. He had a nice goal though.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
Sure because of Campbells own will, but I'm sure Bruins Goggles Edwards wanted a stoppage. Its embarrassing how biased he is though, there's supposed to be professionalism in sports commentary and he has none of it whatsoever.

Like he was legitimately getting angry during his call tonight, losing his composure..that shouldn't happen for any NHL commentator.
I don't find a much different than all the other Homer play by play announcers out there. He's doing Bruin broadcast for the Boston area. He's not doing National broadcast. I'm not sure what you would expect from him.

Reactions: cookie and Gnome17

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Chara is SLOOOOWWWWW. Leafs need to keep exploiting the big guy. He had a nice goal though.

Really did a bang up job on that in the first two games.. Marner did good getting some points when Bruins already scored 10 goals.....

Peiskos

Jan 4, 2018
I don't find a much different than all the other Homer play by play announcers of there. He's doing Bruin broadcast for the Boston area. He's not doing National broadcast. I'm not sure what you would expect from him.

I expect from him what I expect from any professional sports commentator, to be impartial, to be unbiased, to refuse to let his personal emotions creep into his broadcast.

I'm not surprised though Boston sports commentators in general are notorious for being the most biased in the sporting world so it is what it is.

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Leafs first goal should obviously never have happened either.
If the league instituted a rule that allowed video replay after the game is played, none of the Bruins goals would have counted in game one. Am I doing this right?

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Bitter about what? We're ahead in the series. This game could have been another blowout if it wasn't for some serious luck in net by Anderson. With the way the Bruins are getting chances on that butter soft Leaf defense, I'm not worried going forward.

First you say he played like crap 40+ saves 950+ sav% lol
Then he's lucky.
Couldn't be we have a good goalie?

Last edited by a moderator:

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
I expect from him what I expect from any professional sports commentator, to be impartial, to be unbiased, to refuse to let his personal emotions creep into his broadcast.

I'm not surprised though Boston sports commentators in general are notorious for being the most biased in the sporting world so it is what it is.
Have you ever listen to Joe Bowen?

Reactions: cookie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad