Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Well at least there's some fight left in Toronto.

See if they still have it on Thursday.

Speaking of.....what's with the two-day break? Schedule conflicts at the ACC?

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Well that was a pretty good game

Andersen stole one for the leafs for sure and the leafs played much better overall

Will Rask have to steal one for the Bruins? Will he if he has to? Thursday will be exciting

I think if the leafs win Thursday they have an exceptionally good chance of winning the series, they lose and it might be over Saturday night

Momentum swings in the playoffs are incredibly fascinating

Reactions: wintersej

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF

It’s so Toronto plays on Saturday night.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

No conflict....Raptors play tonight...so Wednesday could have worked i believe.

Zybalto

Dec 28, 2012
LMAO. I think you're right. If you don't think the Leafs STUNK the first two games and last night's game was pretty close.......you're watching a different bunch of games than I am.

Total scoring chances in the series so far:
Toronto 82 - Boston 76

High Danger chances:
Boston 27 - Toronto 26

The first game was Boston dominance but the second game was like Toronto playing in Buffalo this year as every possible bounce went Bostons way (complete with a goal off a skate, etc...)
Been a very close series in a lot of ways so far.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Makes sense.

Still, though, why not have Game 4 at the usual pace, and then take the extra day as the series moves back to Boston? They're playing in Boston on Saturday either way.

Agreed

Makes more sense to give the players more time to travel to Boston than sit in Toronto

Maybe they did it so leafs players could get some "inspiration" from home :naughty:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Makes sense.

Still, though, why not have Game 4 at the usual pace, and then take the extra day as the series moves back to Boston? They're playing in Boston on Saturday either way.

Raptors play tonight at the ACC. I assume it’s to give them the extra day to get the ice ready to go.

Celtics play in Boston tonight and then not until next Tuesday

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
No disrespect to Leaf fans, but this is the series I'm most surprised about being 2-1 right now.

The way Boston played in the first two games, I was willing to write this series off. Saying this win was huge is an understatement.

Nice job.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
This thread was amazing to read last night. Kadri gets suspended, all the breaks go Boston's way in game 1 and 2. The moment the Leafs get a break that was obviously not intentional by the refs everyone whines there's a big Leaf conspiracy in the NHL. Why was Kadri suspended then?
It's hard to take this place seriously. Especially when people claim the Anaheim Ducks are the most hated NHl team on here:laugh:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
The MASSIVE difference being that the Leafs were never close in game 2, whereas the Bruins were very close in game 3, and it could have gone either way.

I'm just saying that the Bruins have been the vastly superior team so far in this series. We played way better last night.......definitely dominated the first period and held them off after that.........but if we don't tighten up defensively, we are going to lose this series in 5. Andersen totally kept us in the game last night, and our best players finally scored. Great. But can Andersen make those kinds of saves every single game? Are we gonna score 4 on Rask very often?

The Bruins were "in this game" until the dying seconds, with many, many, MANY great chances to score.

the leafs got crushed in game 1.

game 2 was just bad luck. leafs were even the better team in the first period in game 2, despite being outscored 4-0.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
No disrespect to Leaf fans, but this is the series I'm most surprised about being 2-1 right now.

The way Boston played in the first two games, I was willing to write this series off. Saying this win was huge is an understatement.

Nice job.
Eh, the bounces were bound to go the Leafs way and they were due to play better. they've been a dominant home team this year as well.

tom leafers

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Once Marchand retires, he looks like hes already practicing to become a lumberjack. Those are some mighty fine two handed slashes

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Well that was a pretty good game

Andersen stole one for the leafs for sure and the leafs played much better overall

Will Rask have to steal one for the Bruins? Will he if he has to? Thursday will be exciting

I think if the leafs win Thursday they have an exceptionally good chance of winning the series, they lose and it might be over Saturday night

Momentum swings in the playoffs are incredibly fascinating

LOL wut?

Total scoring chances in the series so far:
Toronto 82 - Boston 76

High Danger chances:
Boston 27 - Toronto 26

The first game was Boston dominance but the second game was like Toronto playing in Buffalo this year as every possible bounce went Bostons way (complete with a goal off a skate, etc...)
Been a very close series in a lot of ways so far.

Oh wow facts, cool!

Reactions: SwollenGoat

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
no matter how many times I watched it, the thing that keeps coming back to me is how does Marchand get away with all the dirt....I am truly sick of this rat and the continual passes he gets from the on and off ice officials

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
A lot of Boston fans throwing the word lucky out there. I thought we should take a look at some other luck that's happening:

• Freddy Andersen currently has a 0.885 save% in this series. His career save% is 0.918.
  • Leafs PK is at 54% vs the 81% this season
  • Leafs have had 5 breakaways which have resulted in 0 goals.
  • David Pastrnak is shooting at 37% right now.
  • Auston Matthew's shooting % has dropped from 18% to 7%
  • William Nylander's shooting % has dropped from 11% to 0%.

The Bruins have played some great hockey, but the Leafs are playing below their potential, and getting some bad puck luck. One amazing save and one missed called doesn't change that.

I think once the shooting percentages and specials teams start to normalize, this series will be much more competitive. It doesn't change the fact that the Leafs need to improve in their own end, but I'm seeing improvements each game and I think they are heading in the direction.

Leafs simply weren't ready for the intensity of the playoffs. That's what happens when your best players are all 23 or under. Last night they matched the Bruins intensity and it made a difference on the boards, the loose puck battles and on the score sheet.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Leafs did get "Lucky" last night, so? The Bruins got every bounce possible in game 1 and 2. That wasn't going to continue. It's only an issue when the Leafs get the bounces.

Lahey

Jul 15, 2009
Toronto
Matthews pass reception (stopped it) and immediate pick the top corner wrister, was superstar. < 5% are capable of such a feat, that fast, from that hard of a pass.
For real. I was at the game 20 rows up behind the bruins net at that period, it was insane how fast he ripped that top shelf

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
A lot of Boston fans throwing the word lucky out there. I thought we should take a look at some other luck that's happening:

• Freddy Andersen currently has a 0.885 save% in this series. His career save% is 0.918.
  • Leafs PK is at 54% vs the 81% this season
  • Leafs have had 5 breakaways which have resulted in 0 goals.
  • David Pastrnak is shooting at 37% right now.
  • Auston Matthew's shooting % has dropped from 18% to 7%
  • William Nylander's shooting % has dropped from 11% to 0%.

The Bruins have played some great hockey, but the Leafs are playing below their potential, and getting some bad puck luck. One amazing save and one missed called doesn't change that.

I think once the shooting percentages and specials teams start to normalize, this series will be much more competitive. It doesn't change the fact that the Leafs need to improve in their own end, but I'm seeing improvements each game and I think they are heading in the direction.

Leafs simply weren't ready for the intensity of the playoffs. That's what happens when your best players are all 23 or under. Last night they matched the Bruins intensity and it made a difference on the boards, the loose puck battles and on the score sheet.
As per usual it is Leaf fans showing facts to back-up their arguments.

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
Bruins didn't play badly last night on a night where TOR showed up. I still don't think TOR wins this, but at least the series has survived.

The next game is going to be really hard fought by Boston and TOR needs to not crumble from one punch (metaphorically).

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
Now that the leafs have some momentum going into game 4 we will be looking at a 2-2 series going back to Boston

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011

Nice job.

None taken. Would have been nice to see Toronto not lay a big friggin egg in the 1st 2 games, but you digs a hole, you gotz to get yourself out....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->