ECQF: (1) Washington Capitals vs. (WC1) Columbus Blue Jackets | Caps Lead Series 3-2

Who ya got?! Caps or CBJ?

• WSH (sweep)

Votes: 20 2.7%
  • CBJ (sweep)

Votes: 6 0.8%
  • WSH (in 5)

Votes: 96 13.0%
  • CBJ (in 5)

Votes: 16 2.2%
  • WSH (in 6)

Votes: 232 31.4%
  • CBJ (in 6)

Votes: 129 17.5%
  • WSH (in 7)

Votes: 114 15.4%
  • CBJ (in 7)

Votes: 125 16.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
Helluva sample size there. And I guess you were asleep for the 4-1 loss the Jackets hung on Vegas when they played in Columbus...

Caps in 7, because they're the stronger offensive team and Bobrovsky often melts down in the playoffs.

that was an important stretch, idk how they came out so flat

but yeah I've only caught them at their worst moments. I've always liked how your roster was composed on paper, and thought they could give the Pens a run (last year). Watching the games did not help

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Caps don't lose because of their playoff woes. They lose this because this is not a good matchup for them.

They can easily beat flyers or Devils. This is a bad matchup. Going with Jackets in 5.

This is too hard for a first round fight. 3rd round and maybe they would win it. But Caps always struggle because they face highly physical teams in round 1.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
It's a tough one, Panarin is their best player but is so inexperienced but from what I've also seen he qualifies as a choker when it comes to the playoffs. Washington too is also a choker.

But I voted Columbus in 6.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Caps don't lose because of their playoff woes. They lose this because this is not a good matchup for them.

They can easily beat flyers or Devils. This is a bad matchup. Going with Jackets in 5.

This is too hard for a first round fight. 3rd round and maybe they would win it. But Caps always struggle because they face highly physical teams in round 1.
:facepalm: You guys played Toronto in the first round last year, hardly a physical team. And CBJ too hard for a 1st round? It's the exact team Pittsburgh played in the first round last year.

Wait a min am i getting illpucks'ed.

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
Caps can take the Pens too but if they somehow win this they will be tired. If Caps drew NJ and then faced Pens they would win easily. This is their best team in last 3 seasons ( not on paper but it is)
bob sucks in the playoffs and cbj has a decent chance to beat washington

illpucks

May 26, 2011
:facepalm: You guys played Toronto in the first round last year, hardly a physical team. And CBJ too hard for a 1st round? It's the exact team Pittsburgh played in the first round last year.

Wait a min am i getting illpucks'ed.
I meant when they faced Islanders for example.

They also had a huge problem with speed last year. Caps were slow as hell and if Leafs aren't physical look up Kadri on Ovechkin. Ovie wasn't 100% vs Pens because of that cheap hit.

Reactions: mikeyp24

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
i gotta see who the Caps play in goal first before i can predict this series.

Either way, two teams that are playing some great hockey right now.

I think Ovechkin will be too tired because of all the ice time he got tonight in his pursuit of 50 goals. He will sit out game one to recover, that is how selfish he is.

Reactions: Drakon
Apr 28, 2010
Hockey is so damn hard to predict.

But I'd go with Caps in 5. If this goes to 7 games, Columbus will go to second round.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I always pick the Caps to lose and I am usually correct.

I predict a really boring, low scoring series, probably the least exciting series of the eight.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Caps in 5 then we lose to the pens in 6.

giphy.gif

Bladerunner

Aug 12, 2009
N VA
I'll c&p what I posted over in Caps page.

If we get any version of playoff Bob, Caps should win in < 7.

If we get reg season Bob it will be a struggle, but Caps could still win it if Grubi or Holts plays well. All this assumes O & D are near equal.
GO CAPS !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->