ECQF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Tampa Leads Series 3-1

who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tampa needs to stop giving away pucks in their own zone to Devils players in prime scoring territory. That's what I blame this loss on.
Devils were pretty guilty of this in games 1 and 2. I hope we play like game 3 again on Wednesday and not revert to derping all over the ice during key stretches of the game.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
I don't think the Sergachev play was an intentional hit to the head. I think he meant to make contact with Coleman, but Coleman's positioning led to him making contact with the head instead of the body.

This is how I see it. Devils player is leaning down and that's gonna hurt something fierce.
If both players were standing straight up, this is a slight bump in the course of a thousand during any game

2 Min for interference and nothing more

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
1st the elbow on coleman was a legit missed no call. He stiffed up knew it was coming. Coleman had no clue he was coming.

The first half of after the hit his head is snapped back.

The second half of the hit was a selly, which every NHL player does, because refs are absolutely blind

Third Coleman does have an offensive threat to his game. You have not watched our season, so you would not know. But its enough where hes earned a full time spot on the devils since the start for 2017-18
Re: your #1: Sergachev did get a penalty for illegal hit to the head. And Coleman played afterwards. He will not get suspended.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
People can run into each other without the puck and it not be a penalty. Happens a lot actually. Welp, hope that helps!

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Devils were pretty guilty of this in games 1 and 2. I hope we play like game 3 again on Wednesday and not revert to derping all over the ice during key stretches of the game.
I think we're pointing more to the fact that Taylor Hall has 2 goals in this series and one came off the stick of Palat directly to him unmarked in the slot and one came off of the stick of Hedman...directly to him unmarked in the slot.

Happened to someone else in game 2. Stralman to someone...unmarked in the slot.

3 games, 3 failed clears directly to an unmarked Devils player in the slot that ended up in the net. You can't actively help a team like that or it will eventually bite you in the ass.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
And isn't that the fun part about playoff hockey? You face the same team several times. You make mistakes, you hope to overcome them, adapt and try again. The Devils kept it together on even strength last game and kudos for that. Now let's see how Tampa will adjust for game 4. Own zone giveaways and discipline (justified penalty calls or not) should be the first two points on Cooper's list for upcoming team meetings and practice.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
This is how I see it. Devils player is leaning down and that's gonna hurt something fierce.
If both players were standing straight up, this is a slight bump in the course of a thousand during any game

2 Min for interference and nothing more
Shouldn't the interference penalty be on Coleman then? He's the one who turned into Sergachev's lane.

Depending on the ref's angle, that's a pretty tough call to make on the ice. At least he didn't get a 5 which wouldn't have surprised me considering how the hit looked at first. Two minutes for Serg is definitely the maximum for that.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
A sell job? The principle point of contact is to the head (no, I'm not saying it was intentional). Sergachev was probably going at least 10mph and has hard ass equipment all over his body. You don't think that, uh, hurts?
Well, yeah. I'm sure it does. Coleman acted like he was murdered and should have had to go to the quiet room for how he was acting. He sure seemed fine as soon as they got the PP, though.

It was a sell job my dude.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Well, yeah. I'm sure it does. Coleman acted like he was murdered and should have had to go to the quiet room for how he was acting. He sure seemed fine as soon as they got the PP, though.

It was a sell job my dude.
Interesting, because I saw him getting looked at by the trainer for a few minutes and he doesn't play the pp

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think we're pointing more to the fact that Taylor Hall has 2 goals in this series and one came off the stick of Palat directly to him unmarked in the slot and one came off of the stick of Hedman...directly to him unmarked in the slot.

Happened to someone else in game 2. Stralman to someone...unmarked in the slot.

3 games, 3 failed clears directly to an unmarked Devils player in the slot that ended up in the net. You can't actively help a team like that or it will eventually bite you in the ass.
Do you not recall the goals you scored in games 1 and 2 in those same ways? Hell Vatanen even knocked one in our own net.

ZeroPucksGiven

Feb 28, 2017
Shouldn't the interference penalty be on Coleman then? He's the one who turned into Sergachev's lane.

The difference is that the Devils player is attempting making a play on the puck, whereas the TB player appears to be focused on his line change. If they both are playing the puck, then I don't think this is a penalty

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Do you not recall the goals you scored in games 1 and 2 in those same ways? Hell Vatanen even knocked one in our own net.
Yeah I'm not saying it to counter anything anyone else is saying. Just pointing out that we're shooting ourselves directly in our own ass every game with these awful clears. If that puck from Hedman doesn't end up on Hall's stick, the Devils likely don't tie it up so early (if at all) and could have led to a very different game.

The biggest issue I've seen with TB this series has been their inability to effectively clear the puck and relieve pressure during the surges. A team with as many solid puck movers as TB has should have zero trouble. It's to the point now where the strategy should just be to fling the puck up in the air and not worry about the distance. Just get it out.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
That looked like Coleman was trying to get the puck. He wasn't going to the bench or intentionally running into anybody.
Of course he didn't. I mean, if he tried to intentionally run into someone like that... he must be self-destructive.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
Tampa as much as your complaining, you had a PP in the last 2 minutes of the game , with yet another extra player. You had a legit chance for any grievance you think you had.

Reactions: glenwo2

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Tampa needs to do a better job staying out of the box. We did a good job on the PK last night but we cant be going into the box every other 5 mins. Disrupts our game and when we get out of our game we are easier to beat. Momentum shifts happen. As long as we stay under 3-4 penalties I like our chances. We will probably get scored on at least one of those according to our stats but we will also score PP goals on those kinds of chances too. When we play disciplined we are tough to beat. I think we look to be a bit more disciplined next game.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

135ace

Mar 18, 2015

Tampa fans are just moving the goalposts non-stop. We've shot ourselves in the foot on probably half of the goals they've scored yet they whine about the 2-3 in which they're players are partially responsible.

Somehow they're getting screwed by the refs, even though the inconsistent calls are clearly benefiting them much more as they're converting at an insane rate. It's unlikely that their red hot PP will continue to prop them up.

They're also getting amazing goaltending from Vasilevskiy. Doubt that continues all series.

I would also say that they've had more puck luck than us so far.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Tampa fans are just moving the goalposts non-stop. We've shot ourselves in the foot on probably half of the goals they've scored yet they whine about the 2-3 in which they're players are partially responsible.

Somehow they're getting screwed by the refs, even though the inconsistent calls are clearly benefiting them much more as they're converting at an insane rate. It's unlikely that their red hot PP will continue to prop them up.

They're also getting amazing goaltending from Vasilevskiy. Doubt that continues all series.

I would also say that they've had more puck luck than us so far.
....No one is moving the goalposts, lmao. We're saying we've had poor clearing attempts that ended up in our net. We're not like "OMG WE'VE HURT OURSELVES MORE THAN THE DEVILS HAVE HURT THEMSELVES"

Not everything is a competition my guy. Calm down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->