ECQF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Tampa Leads Series 3-1

who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
This thread is unravelling. Stop insulting other posters and their fan bases, or you'll be banned from posting here.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Geez. It's quite sad in here. I expect the Bolts to come out for blood tomorrow. Look for a huge game by the Lightning.

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
look to put this to an end.

Segachev intended to hit coleman with his elbow. Coleman did not know it was coming. Was it that bad? it looks suspend able. Did he embellish at the end, definitely, everyone does, its the playoffs

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Across the league all (but the ducks) came back in a very similar fashion. Going down 2-0 at the start is a big NO - NO. The only way to get especially a team that does not have barely any playoff experience is to get serious, would you expect the devils to just lie down? You comment is stupid, and shows your hockey IQ. Good luck with continuing a PP conversion like your on, cause your going to need it. Im sure the devils will only be taking penalties as much as they can only on (if this guys shoots it probably gonna be a goal) only basis. Lets play this 5-5 , let players play, keep the whistle. But dont let any team bully another around with blind elbows, spears and illegal hits.

And you want to talk about someone else's hockey IQ. Rich.

"Good luck continuing PP conversion" aka You're punishing our trash PK (which oddly enough, Devils fans were tripping all over themselves to talk about the PK of TB)

The spear was low. No excusing that and I don't like to see it. It's a selfish play. If he were to get suspended for that it would cost his team dearly.

The elbow was a super great sell job by Coleman. Sergachev in no way whatsoever went out of his way to make contact. Perhaps if that scrub Coleman could learn to skate while not looking directly down at the ice, he'd avoid that. (You're gonna quote this and bold this reply and debate. blah blah blah)

The refs have been horrible bad in this series. Lots of things getting called that have no business being called and lots of things being missed, but TBH, the Devils need that. They won't beat TB 5V5. They generate a ton of pressure from those PPs and I don't think you want to talk about the refs swallowing whistles.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Coleman would've speared him but those get called when it's a Devils player doing it

"in no way whatsoever went out of his way to make contact"

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Looks to me like a guy going to the bench for a change that has some walnut run his head into his elbow and then act like he was shot in the face.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
The refs have been horrible bad in this series. Lots of things getting called that have no business being called and lots of things being missed, but TBH, the Devils need that. They won't beat TB 5V5. They generate a ton of pressure from those PPs and I don't think you want to talk about the refs swallowing whistles.
Goals in the series are 6-5 Devils 5on5, and power play goals are 5-2 for Tampa. Our penalty killing has been absolute trash in this series after being pretty strong all year.

Last edited:

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
1st the elbow on coleman was a legit missed no call. He stiffed up knew it was coming. Coleman had no clue he was coming.

The first half of after the hit his head is snapped back.

The second half of the hit was a selly, which every NHL player does, because refs are absolutely blind

Third Coleman does have an offensive threat to his game. You have not watched our season, so you would not know. But its enough where hes earned a full time spot on the devils since the start for 2017-18

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I mean, let's continue arguing about a minor infraction that the Devils didn't even score on. Because they're 2-12 on the PP but apparently it's the only way they've scored 10 goals

Reactions: HBK27

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
I don't think the Sergachev play was an intentional hit to the head. I think he meant to make contact with Coleman, but Coleman's positioning led to him making contact with the head instead of the body.

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Goals in the series are 6-5 Devils 5on5, and power play goals are 5-1 for Tampa. Our penalty killing has been absolute trash in this series after being pretty strong all year.
Yeah I mean TB was top 3 (I think?) for PP% this year. They're lethal. I don't think over the course of the series the goals 5V5 will remain favoring the Devils. It might, though. TB may ride their PP to the next round, who knows. If that's how they have to do it, then they'll take it.

I know that seeing 12 penalties in a playoff game is a travesty, especially considering the nature of some of the calls. Put the whistles away and let them play the game. Call the egregious stuff and stop influencing the games.

Reactions: LightningStrikes

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
I don't think the Sergachev play was an intentional hit to the head. I think he meant to make contact with Coleman, but Coleman's positioning led to him making contact with the head instead of the body.

Agreed, but he didn't have the puck either so it's still a 2 min minor

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yeah I mean TB was top 3 (I think?) for PP% this year. They're lethal. I don't think over the course of the series the goals 5V5 will remain favoring the Devils. It might, though. TB may ride their PP to the next round, who knows. If that's how they have to do it, then they'll take it.

I know that seeing 12 penalties in a playoff game is a travesty, especially considering the nature of some of the calls. Put the whistles away and let them play the game. Call the egregious stuff and stop influencing the games.
No, don't "put the whistles away". Call the game consistently both ways from start to finish, which is something that hasn't happened in a single game I have watched this season. As an example last night, Tampa got away with a ton of slashes, but Greene gets called for a really soft slashing penalty. On the other way, the Devils got away with some holds but suddenly some soft holds got called in the game. There is no consistency to it. That doesn't mean you can blame your loss on it, which a lot of your fans are.

yes, your power play was a lethal 23.9% this season, good for third in the league. You're currently running at 55.5% in this series. You can't expect that to continue.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
1st the elbow on coleman was a legit missed no call. He stiffed up knew it was coming. Coleman had no clue he was coming.

The first half of after the hit his head is snapped back.

The second half of the hit was a selly, which every NHL player does, because refs are absolutely blind

Third Coleman does have an offensive threat to his game. You have not watched our season, so you would not know. But its enough where hes earned a full time spot on the devils since the start for 2017-18
Of course he stiffed up. Sergachev is skating off for a change and sees a dude coming at him from the side. Is he supposed to just stay loose and possibly get destroyed? He braces for a hit and the dude runs into his elbow. There was no intent. If you wanna sit here and gripe about only getting 7 powerplays instead of 8 because it should have been interference (even though, again, Sergachev does not go looking for this contact) then fine. To say this was some kind of intentionally dirty hit is absolutely false.

It was a sell job by Coleman. Point blank period.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Think it's pretty ballsy that Hynes is trying to match fire with fire in home matchups. He's pretty much saying that Hall's line can beat Kucherov's 1v1 and they did last night.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
No, don't "put the whistles away". Call the game consistently both ways from start to finish, which is something that hasn't happened in a single game I have watched this season. As an example last night, Tampa got away with a ton of slashes, but Greene gets called for a really soft slashing penalty. On the other way, the Devils got away with some holds but suddenly some soft holds got called in the game. There is no consistency to it. That doesn't mean you can blame your loss on it, which a lot of your fans are.

I think there's a difference between saying "we lost solely because of the refs and no other reason" and "The refs calling the game this way contributed to our loss".

The first is a false statement that shouldn't be made. The second is an accurate statement. These ticky tack calls interrupt the flow of the game. Going shorthanded 7 times in a game makes it hard to keep your juice, especially if they're not earned calls.

If Hedman goes for the spear. Oh well. You earned that one homeboy. Take a seat. I want calls to be earned. Period. This whole "well we called a soft call over here, so now we gotta make a soft call over this way" stuff is bush league. Consistent reffing is becoming a huge issue in this game.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Of course he stiffed up. Sergachev is skating off for a change and sees a dude coming at him from the side. Is he supposed to just stay loose and possibly get destroyed? He braces for a hit and the dude runs into his elbow. There was no intent. If you wanna sit here and gripe about only getting 7 powerplays instead of 8 because it should have been interference (even though, again, Sergachev does not go looking for this contact) then fine. To say this was some kind of intentionally dirty hit is absolutely false.

It was a sell job by Coleman. Point blank period.
A sell job? The principle point of contact is to the head (no, I'm not saying it was intentional). Sergachev was probably going at least 10mph and has hard ass equipment all over his body. You don't think that, uh, hurts?

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
A sell job? The principle point of contact is to the head (no, I'm not saying it was intentional). Sergachev was probably going at least 10mph and has hard ass equipment all over his body. You don't think that, uh, hurts?

Want to see a sell job check out the guy who got held up entering the zone go down harder than when he got a puck to the face that required medical attention

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Agree with everything here except the last sentence. As I've said before: The Devils were better. They did not win because of 7 powerplays. They were just better. Tampa needs to stop giving away pucks in their own zone to Devils players in prime scoring territory. That's what I blame this loss on.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Agree with everything here except the last sentence. As I've said before: The Devils were better. They did not win because of 7 powerplays. They were just better. Tampa needs to stop giving away pucks in their own zone to Devils players in prime scoring territory. That's what I blame this loss on.

Quoted and Bolded for MFING TRUTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->