ECQF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Tampa Leads Series 3-1

who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Scored a wicked goal tonight, do you think he's still hurt?
Don't know. Might very well be. He can still do his thing on the powerplay but so far he's been complete non factor 5 on 5 and usually is in the playoffs. Him and Kucherov trying their dipsy doodle crap isn't helping either. Maybe would be best to separate those two so they will start playing more north-south game.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The refereeing was terrible for both teams. But 7 penalties going to the away team while obvious calls against both sides get missed left and right seems a bit odd, no? The league needs to look into that stuff, especially now in the playoffs.

Good job NJ for digging this one out. This was arguably the most important game of the series for them. Hall keeps impressing and the Devils defense looks nothing like the steamy mess from games 1 and 2. Is Schneider okay though?

The game was a lot closer as the score might indicate (2 ENG). Now we've got a real series on our hands, can't wait for game 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: VinikToWinIt

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
It looks like these teams are finally starting to get sick of each other, which I like. The playoffs are better when there's some animosity flowing.

It was weird seeing the Devils score two empty netters given how allergic they were to scoring them in the regular season. Should be an interesting game Wednesday night.

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
It looks like these teams are finally starting to get sick of each other, which I like. The playoffs are better when there's some animosity flowing.

It was weird seeing the Devils score two empty netters given how allergic they were to scoring them in the regular season. Should be an interesting game Wednesday night.

Let's hope Schneider carries his team to another victory.

Reactions: New Jersey

BahlDeep

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal
The refereeing was terrible for both teams. But 7 penalties going to the away team while obvious calls against both sides get missed left and right seems a bit odd, no? The league needs to look into that stuff, especially now in the playoffs.

Good job NJ for digging this one out. This was arguably the most important game of the series for them. Hall keeps impressing and the Devils defense looks nothing like the steamy mess from games 1 and 2. Is Schneider okay though?

The game was a lot closer as the score might indicate (2 ENG). Now we've got a real series on our hands, can't wait for game 4.

They should start by looking into's Hedman spear first.

TB got a penalty with 3 min left down 1. Let's stop all the crazy talk about refereea tilting this game.

Reactions: glenwo2 and HBK27

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
They should start by looking into's Hedman spear first.

TB got a penalty with 3 min left down 1. Let's stop all the crazy talk about refereea tilting this game.

It is not crazy talk. Anyway, it already happened, refs are bad and one day you get the calls and the next they are against you.

Hopefully in game 4 we convert our chances and create a big gap like in games 1 and 2.

By the level of play I think 2-1 series is fair at the moment.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Talking about how NJ got 7 power plays while ignoring that TB got 5 is a special kind of cognitive dissidence. They were calling everything and Tampa benefited more so than New Jersey did (in terms of goals).

I'm not sure what Tampa fans are trying to do, other than make excuses for losing. One team getting 2 more PPs than another team in a game is not that uncommon.

It's completely ignorant to ignore that NJ won the ES and goaltending battles last night.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
[acting like an accidental trip or slash on the hands is a penalty but "accidentally" elbowing someone in the face isn't]
Show me where it's an elbow. Sergachev's shoulders and arms are tucked, Coleman dove forward last second, Sergachev wasn't expecting it and was just trying to brace for the inevitable contact last second. Coleman put himself in a vulnerable position. Smarten up Blake!

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Talking about how NJ got 7 power plays while ignoring that TB got 5 is a special kind of cognitive dissidence. They were calling everything and Tampa benefited more so than New Jersey did (in terms of goals).

I'm not sure what Tampa fans are trying to do, other than make excuses for losing. One team getting 2 more PPs than another team in a game is not that uncommon.

It's completely ignorant to ignore that NJ won the ES and goaltending battles last night.
So just because Tampa's PP (2/5) is better than NJ's (1/7) (or in other words NJ's PK is bad - .40%) it's okay? Gotcha.

Also, read the posts again. Lightning fans have pointed out that the refs missed obvious calls both ways. They called penalties on meh plays (holding on Miller for example) and missed obvious ones (Hedman's "cup check" for example). The expectation is that refs call a penalty when it's justified. And not made up BS calls just to make the game more interesting or for whatever reasons. I think both fan bases can agree on that.

That's not an excuse for Tampa losing. It was a close game, Devils were better. End of story.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
So just because Tampa's PP (2/5) is better than NJ's (1/7) (or in other words NJ's PK is bad - .40%) it's okay? Gotcha.

Also, read the posts again. Lightning fans have pointed out that the refs missed obvious calls both ways. They called penalties on meh plays (holding on Miller for example) and missed obvious ones (Hedman's "cup check" for example). The expectation is that refs call a penalty when it's justified. And not made up BS calls just to make the game more interesting or for whatever reasons. I think both fan bases can agree on that.

That's not an excuse for Tampa losing. It was a close game, Devils were better. End of story.
And this is somehow new to you? Welcome to the NHL. There's no secret conspiracy, every team gets blown calls and favorite calls.

This nothing short of whining for the sake of whining.

Reactions: Blender

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
Also, you're going to accuse fans of a team that has won 2 Cups and played in 2 other Cup Finals in the last 20 years of treating winning like a novelty? Might want to ask your 3 year old daughter for some tips on trash talking there buddy.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
And this is somehow new to you? Welcome to the NHL. There's no secret conspiracy, every team gets blown calls and favorite calls.

This nothing short of whining for the sake of whining.
Yup. NHL refereeing is incompetent and has been especially horrible all of this season. Tampa was clearly the less disciplined team last night, so even with the poor refereeing they got more penalties than we did, which is how it should have been.

Reactions: AgentBrodeur

2011 still hurts

imagine posting on a hockey forum
Feb 10, 2016
lmao both fanbases trying to btfo the other ITT in a hilariously petty dick measuring context is what I expected from the Bruins-Leafs thread, not this one

Didn't know Tampa fans were this cringeworthy sometimes tbqh

Reactions: lucifer91

AgentBrodeur

Jul 19, 2016
new jersey
Can we all just take a second to appreciate how Devils fans are just so darn proud of winning 1 playoff game? It's like how proud I get when my 3 year old daughter brings me a painting home from school. It's cute. Maybe in a few years they can have a big boy hockey team and winning a game won't be such a novelty for them.
Across the league all (but the ducks) came back in a very similar fashion. Going down 2-0 at the start is a big NO - NO. The only way to get especially a team that does not have barely any playoff experience is to get serious, would you expect the devils to just lie down? You comment is stupid, and shows your hockey IQ. Good luck with continuing a PP conversion like your on, cause your going to need it. Im sure the devils will only be taking penalties as much as they can only on (if this guys shoots it probably gonna be a goal) only basis. Lets play this 5-5 , let players play, keep the whistle. But dont let any team bully another around with blind elbows, spears and illegal hits.

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
Show me where it's an elbow. Sergachev's shoulders and arms are tucked, Coleman dove forward last second, Sergachev wasn't expecting it and was just trying to brace for the inevitable contact last second. Coleman put himself in a vulnerable position. Smarten up Blake!

I don't have a pic but it's the pointy bit in the middle of your arm. Doesn't matter whether it was elbow or not tho. still a hit w/ principal point of contact being the head.

Sergachev leaned into it and it was interference anyways.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad