Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (3-3) Toronto Maple Leafs. GAME 7 AWAITS!

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
The Bruins pressure must be causing Leafs' dmen to rush their outs. They are probably trying to avoid icings since Bruins will then bring on the Bergeron line. As a result they don't slap it hard enough around the boards and Bruins are able to keep it in the Leafs end. Our wingers' need to be stronger in puck battles along the boards??

Absolutely.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That next game is so huge, I'm starting to get nervous already. If we win, then it's a 3 game series, we have the added boost of Kadri coming back for game 5 and anything can happen. If we lose, then we're basically screwed.

:hyper:

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
That next game is so huge, I'm starting to get nervous already. If we win, then it's a 3 game series, we have the added boost of Kadri coming back for game 5 and anything can happen. If we lose, then we're basically screwed.

:hyper:
I know it's really cliché to say game 4 is a must win game but it's a must win game. Just like game 3 was.

mashedpotato

full stack.
Jan 10, 2012
Leafs seem to really thrive on that first goal of the game.

'Concerns me because, what when they don't get it, their game looks dramatically different.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
If it goes back to Boston Tied:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen

I'm all for it, but I don't think Babs will do it.

Might not matter as much on the road anyway with Cassidy being able to control matchups.

In Boston, the Matthews line is going to have to step up big time defensively if we are to have any chance at winning the series.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
Not trying to detract from the win, but holy smokes do we have to be the worst team at clearing the zone. The number of times our D pound it off the boards only to go right to a Bruins point man is crazy. Or it doesnt even make the blue line and the forward picks it up off the wall. Just infuriating.

basically it comes down to whether the Bruins can cover the neutral zone well enough to eliminate the stretch pass, which the Leafs are heavily reliant on to be successful.

cut that off, you cripple the Leafs(at even strength, anyway)

willmma

Jan 5, 2017
Why does Marchand, the NHL's move "lovable pest (sic)" get away with this shit

He trips Johnsson with his leg and grabs his arm and pulls him down.

He punches Frederik, why is that ok?
He trips players left and right, why is that ok?
He tripped Marner on the face off! why is that ok?
He kissed Komarov, why is that ok?

why does the NHL tolerate this stuff?

Reactions: marty111

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Why does Marchand, the NHL's move "lovable pest (sic)" get away with this ****

I've said it before but he's "good" at doing the accidentally on purpose type of dirty plays.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
basically it comes down to whether the Bruins can cover the neutral zone well enough to eliminate the stretch pass, which the Leafs are heavily reliant on to be successful.

cut that off, you cripple the Leafs(at even strength, anyway)

This is why Babs get the big money. He should be expecting Bruins to make an adjustment and as such he should have plan B ready. And he has the extra day to prepare. No excuses.

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC

He punches Frederik, why is that ok?
He trips players left and right, why is that ok?
He tripped Marner on the face off! why is that ok?
He kissed Komarov, why is that ok?

why does the NHL tolerate this stuff?

I've said before, and I'll say it again; he needs to catch one like Matt Cooke did with Evander Kane. Only way to deal with a rat.

As soon as that happens, he won't pull any of that nonsense. Might score a little less too. Trouble is, the Leafs are essentially just a roster filled with gentlemen, and there's really no one with a little dog in them to get that done. Would kill to have a Wayne Simmonds on this team.

Reactions: ACC1224

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Does MLSE have no recourse to complain to the NHL and NHLPA to put a stop to this stuff?

I am sure Lou can complain and I would expect our coach to put pressure on the refs but some think that Bruins owner, Jacobs has lots of clout and gets his way more often than not.

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
I am sure Lou can complain and I would expect our coach to put pressure on the refs but some think that Bruins owner, Jacobs has lots of clout and gets his way more often than not.
Well being a long-serving Chairman on the NHL's Board of Governors has to have some clout, no? Been going on for decades in fact. Pretty pathetic for the NHL to give them so much leeway. But not surprised when the league is headed by an American Commissioner.

Reactions: ToneDog

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008

Thanks for posting that.

I wanted to see more replays of the trip/takedown but they didn't show good angles of it on tv. That gif shows it very clearly: intentional. I watched it like 5 times and didn't notice his arm until you mentioned it. Not only does he slide tackle Johnsson like a bad soccer play but you're right, he also uses his arm to pull him. Don't know how that doesn't get a review/fine/suspension by the league. Don't forget the baseball swing slash on Rielly too.

Ignatius Reilly

Nov 25, 2010
Sooooo happy we got the win, and looked good doing it. I always thought this would be a tight series that slightly favoured the B's given their record. And then we got blown out. Twice.

So we're back home and we've turned a page and we've shown we belong in this series.

Biggest challenge now is that Boston will not take the loss lightly. They are going to come out strong tomorrow night and we've got to dig deep and find yet another gear. I believe we can do it. AM getting on the scoreboard could be the change we needed.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
If it goes back to Boston Tied:

Hyman-Matthews-Nylander
Marleau-Plekanec-Marner
van Riemsdyk-Bozak-Brown
Johnsson-Kadri-Kapanen
I don't think moving our 32 goal scoring shutdown centre to the 4th line for a guy who played one good shutdown game (and has never scored a goal for us) is a good idea. Get Kadri back in and on his line and let Pleks continue to do his role from the third or fourth line.

Reactions: Leafsfan13

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Thanks for posting that.

I wanted to see more replays of the trip/takedown but they didn't show good angles of it on tv. That gif shows it very clearly: intentional. I watched it like 5 times and didn't notice his arm until you mentioned it. Not only does he slide tackle Johnsson like a bad soccer play but you're right, he also uses his arm to pull him. Don't know how that doesn't get a review/fine/suspension by the league. Don't forget the baseball swing slash on Rielly too.

Well said. Marchand is a d-bag. Seriously hope someone fills him in.

Oh, and a fellow Browns fan. Me likey.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
I said this in the series thread, but if we can tie this thing up, you just know Kadri is coming back with a serious chip on his shoulder.. A rested and pissed-off Naz, provided he keeps his emotions in check, may be very good news for us and may get the Bruins off their game.

Reactions: CelticDruid

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad