Series Talk: ECQ: Boston Bruins (2-0) Toronto Maple Leafs. Well. We can Win at Home. We Have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Reading the different sub-boards.

Bruins fans are jumping up and down at the possibility of not having to face us

Bolts fans are pissed off that their team lost to ARI at home and now have to face us

:laugh: bring either on
Leafs or Devils. Yeah, I'd be ecstatic/pissed off too lmao

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Quite the back-and-forth we have here with determining who our opponent is going to be. Fitting that it's going to go all the way to the last game of the regular season to settle things. Bring on whoever they are!

AvroArrow

The way she goes
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
We are capable of beating either team but i would rather face Boston, i feel like we match up against them much better.

WestCoastLeafs

I beleaf
Jun 10, 2013
We are capable of beating either team but i would rather face Boston, i feel like we match up against them much better.

I would rather play Tampa, Boston keeps coming and coming, and they're a team that will find their way back into games or win a game they don't desrve too.

But in the end it's how we play, not how we stack up :)

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
"Oh, we've got to hold on, ready or not - You live for the fight when it's all that you've got - Woah, we're half way there"

Reactions: al secord

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
BRING THEM BOTH ON

I’m with you there! We likely have to run over the both of them anyways. Bring on the first one who ever it may be!

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
the irony of ironies. I think the ultimate reason Stamkos chose Tampa was that two years ago Tampa looked more "ready" than Toronto did. all the rookies, not sure what Andersen would do in net. it made logical sense for him to be like "bye, felicia."

then Toronto beats Tampa for the last playoff spot last year, and they very well could meet this year. if. (when) we win the first round, would really like to know what is going through his mind.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
I hope Florida wins.

I want Boston.

If we get Tampa this round, we may not get Boston second round and I want nothing more than to crush Boston in a playoff series. Go Panthers!

Reactions: marty111

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
:laugh: ladies and gentlemen, you know you have a good team when...
That and the, "we will nave to play against Toronto and the refs," BS which also seems to have started, even though we have had the 3rd least PP opportunities this season. Just a ready made excuse because they fear us.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The Leafs are capable of beating any team in the league.

It will not be an easy route to the cup, but winners don't complain, they just get it done.

:clap::clap:

the irony of ironies. I think the ultimate reason Stamkos chose Tampa was that two years ago Tampa looked more "ready" than Toronto did. all the rookies, not sure what Andersen would do in net. it made logical sense for him to be like "bye, felicia."

then Toronto beats Tampa for the last playoff spot last year, and they very well could meet this year. if. (when) we win the first round, would really like to know what is going through his mind.

I highly doubt that. I think the reason he chose Tampa is because there was no real reason to leave and star players like him tend to stay where they are when they're offered huge contracts. That's the place he's been his entire career so familiarity, loyalty, great place to live, great team etc. all enter it. Great situation, zero reason to leave.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Boston is winning tomorrow. Its gonna be Tampa.

Either way we will get the team that blew the game they needed to clinch the division. Not a big deal but that could mess with their heads in game 1 and stealing game 1 on the road would be huge.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I don't think we consider the other views enough. Bolts and Bs will end with what 110+ points and one of them will have to play a 105 point team in the FIRST round! I'd not be happy too because normally a good season gives you at least the perception that you are getting a winnable first round.

I think our boys are confident and ready to go. Its going to be a great first round series no matter who we play. I have no preference, but do believe we can beat both and will have to if we want to go on a run. I love that the other teams fans are so concerned!!

again I have to say so?
i feel no matter how you slice it, the draw is and always will have some kind of flaw. The cup is and always will be the hardest championship to win, and with how the league is re: parity, eventually it's not so much to say that the 16th seed (who went to the cup final last year) or the 8th seed is the 'easier' seed. those days are long long gone. I just feel like yah. boston or tampa have to play us, and boo, we don't have home ice, but it's not like if we had home ice our oppenent would be a walk in the park. you have got to win on the road eventually.

it honestly doesn't (nor shouldn't) matter.

go_leafs_go02

Apr 24, 2004
London, ON
I heard the boston gawdens was booked wed and thurs

Nope. Celtics play on Wednesday, and then the next event is a Kygo concert on May 12. The arena is completely open for a month period, which makes sense since both the Celtics and the Bruins will have home games for the next few weeks at a bare minimum.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013

It's also quite possible that he built a life out there (over the past how many years) and likes it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->