ECHL TV?

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
The quality varies quite a bit from building to building. I've heard the league was working with the streaming company to get all buildings upgraded to HD and improve the internet connections for the stream. Also, they typically aren't professional camera operators. Just an intern, or team staff person in many cases. The feed is typically the same as the team uses on the video board, so not the typical angles for TV, and you get all the local ads, crowd shots, in arena promos, etc. That said, it's the only option if you want to see away games. If you don't expect perfection and are willing to put up with occasional interruptions and video that is occasionally out of synch with the audio, it is better than just listening to the radio, or online audio stream.

Reactions: Growler

Growler

May 16, 2018
The quality varies quite a bit from building to building. I've heard the league was working with the streaming company to get all buildings upgraded to HD and improve the internet connections for the stream. Also, they typically aren't professional camera operators. Just an intern, or team staff person in many cases. The feed is typically the same as the team uses on the video board, so not the typical angles for TV, and you get all the local ads, crowd shots, in arena promos, etc. That said, it's the only option if you want to see away games. If you don't expect perfection and are willing to put up with occasional interruptions and video that is occasionally out of synch with the audio, it is better than just listening to the radio, or online audio stream.

Sounds good. I'm going to give it a shot for this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad