ECHL to 30 Teams?

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
[QUOTE. For Manchester, it is unlikely at this point, but not impossible. If the rumored owner is someone who is already vetted by the league and has been quietly putting things in place, and is close to a lease agreement, it is still possible to get a team for 2021, but that is a lot of ifs.[/QUOTE]
I believe @210 said someone is in the vetting process for manchester

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
I know it's untrue because I've spoken with the potential owner of a Manchester ECHL franchise on more than a handful of occasions, including just a couple days after the ECHL's all-star break.

And on top of that, he wasn't the only person that started the ECHL's ownership process with an intent to put a team in Manchester, he's just the only one that made it through the league's vetting process and is actively pursuing it.
here @royals119

Last edited:

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
thats fair really hoping for both i know in trois riveries dean Macdonald has put in a lot of work. also As I've said I think something official should come out by October or the market is off

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
thats fair really hoping for both i know in trois riveries dean Macdonald has put in a lot of work
that's because of what Deacon accomplished in Newfoundland.... that's why T-R has had the chatter, just as Worcester had their own thread Maine had theirs and Newfoundland had their own separate threads

Ratitude

May 2, 2020
Manchester really was screwed over. Not so much because of the league swap but how they did it. To disregard the hurt it would cause then try to sell it off as no big change in talent or no difference in skill level was certainly a slap in the face. This is deep in New England, hockey rich and knowledgeable. You might be able to pull this off somewhere else in the country but not in one of New England's larger cities. A new ECHL run would have to involve local ownership along likely with a Bruins affiliation to work. The swap in Adirondack kinda played out better because Glens Falls knew the writing was on the wall. Glens Falls knew older smaller AHL markets were on borrowed time, especially those in the northeast. I think they were also a little more transparent with the Glens Falls swap....They managed to take attendance and build little increases each season, and didn't resort to blowing smoke up anyone rears lol.

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
wow... well to bad for manchester fans but trois riveries was always predicted hopefully things turn around but as summer is going quick and no manchester official words it doesn't look good

Trois-Rivières is coming into the league for the 2021-22 season. Manchester still has plenty of time to get something together.

Centrum Hockey

Aug 2, 2018
wow... well to bad for manchester fans but trois riveries was always predicted hopefully things turn around but as summer is going quick and no manchester official words it doesn't look good
Maybe their will be a opportunity for a Manchester owner to buy a team like Brampton and put the franchise into dormancy for a year.

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
Maybe their will be a opportunity for a Manchester owner to buy a team like Brampton and put the franchise into dormancy for a year.
talking about the beast i looked it up and the beast have 6 front office staff now. Their subsidy of Brampton tax money is up as well I believe maybe they should go and try and find a junior team instead

Barclay Donaldson

Feb 4, 2018
Tatooine
talking about the beast i looked it up and the beast have 6 front office staff now. Their subsidy of Brampton tax money is up as well I believe maybe they should go and try and find a junior team instead

Not happening for a multitude of reasons.

It was already tried. OHL Brampton Battalion were in that facility from 1996-2013. They had the lowest attendance in the OHL for most of their existence despite being fairly good for most of their existence.

The OHL Mississauga Steelheads are less than 5 miles away on the same road. Mississauga is another team that has always bottom of the OHL in attendance. Both cities having teams again is not going to happen. Too close to each other. Too close to Toronto. Demographics are not ideal either since they are both predominantly first-generation immigrant, to the point where only half of both communities speak English. It is a demographic that is accused by many, perhaps accurately, of not liking hockey, let alone junior hockey.

In addition, the budget of an ECHL team is about the same as the budget of an OHL team. They wouldn't be saving much money, if any, by switching to the OHL.

battra

Oct 24, 2017
I guess we will see how desperate snhu arena is for hockey :sarcasm: Like I've said if there is no announcement this summer or fall no hockey

SNU SNU?

gunxVy.gif

:)

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
To be honest guys I would be surprised if the ECHL has 10 teams if they cancel the season . Their will be alot of teams that fold .
Is there still the possibility of some teams going dormant for next season? I know there’s have to be a rework of the schedule, but at one point the government of NFLD said they wouldn’t host large events until there was a vaccine.

Reactions: hurricanesfan123

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
wondering if cliff Rucker would be interested in owning a manchester echl team i remember seeing he was considering buying the team back in 2016. Similar to Dean Macdonald maybe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad