ECHL suspends 2019-2020 season; UPD: Season cancelled

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Hope all ECHL clubs survive the COVID-19 shutdown. It was my intention to attend my first Kalamazoo Wings in 20+ years back in December but the schedule didn't gel with my trip home to Michigan. The boys on Chiclets have been teasing a fundraiser for the players (referenced also in a post above). Might have to throw a few bucks to the cause.

Reactions: sabremike

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Hope all ECHL clubs survive the COVID-19 shutdown. It was my intention to attend my first Kalamazoo Wings in 20+ years back in December but the schedule didn't gel with my trip home to Michigan. The boys on Chiclets have been teasing a fundraiser for the players (referenced also in a post above). Might have to throw a few bucks to the cause.
This is exactly why next season I am planning to spend my money on partial plans for several AHL/ECHL teams because they really need the support right now.

Reactions: mk80 and Atlantian

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Players, fans get creative to raise funds in hockey minors
Associated Press
Apr 17, 2020, 3:44 PM EDT

More than a month after the ECHL canceled the rest of its season, minor league hockey players are still hoping to get some financial help.

A relief fund set up by the league and Professional Hockey Players Association has $270,000 so far, about a third of the total goal. PHPA executive director Larry Landon estimates $850,000 is needed to cover paychecks from three lost weeks of the season. He hopes money can be sent to players beginning next week. ...

With something of a shortfall and concerns growing about starting next season, players, fans and teams are starting to get creative. One fan has raised $7,000 by auctioning off memorabilia, and South Carolina goaltender Parker Milner hopes a quarantine concert brings awareness to the situation as well as some extra funds.

Longtime Toledo Walleye fan Dennis Seymour hopes to raise a total of $10,000 for the ECHL-PHPA COVID-19 Relief Fund and already bought a couple of $5 tickets for the Pregame Skate Quarantine Concert that will be live-streamed Saturday night. The effort is being spearheaded by Milner and Boston College teammate Brian Dumoulin of the Pittsburgh Penguins, with possible appearances from retired goaltender Mike McKenna, Kyle Palmieri of the New Jersey Devils and Kevin Hayes of the Philadelphia Flyers. ...

Read more at: Players, fans get creative to raise funds in hockey minors - ProHockeyTalk | NBC Sports

Reactions: sabremike

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad