ECHL signings 2020-2021

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
might be a good option to ask to make this a sticky thread.... should this qualify as one.... the AHL Board seems to have a handle on that as a model.... the only caveat I'd have is we need a dedicated poster to help coordinate and catch all signings because simply not all teams have posters here and then coordinate that with the AHL Board in season for those on PTO's or similiar respects for players on recall as an example with the majority of the league having an affiliation, or at least all do with the exception of Norfolk, otherwise a good start to those who have posted here with those individual teams as they release them....

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
awesome!!!
easiest way to do this, folks, if your team has a newsletter type service use it, the Leagues themselves as well have an insider type newsletter much like the ECHL does through their Communications, the AHL titles theirs Insider;

because not every poster here is always going to be able to catch every single bit of communication and then relay it on here or social media as the teams do have their social media pages and the prevalance in today's world of Facebook, among other ways of communication

we all do have other things besides being here......... that includes the moderators here, and the Admins to quell the issues when it comes to that....

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Congrats swamp fans, you will have a new following from Wales. Lord is one hell of a pickup. We knew we were going to struggle to keep him, he's destined for the big leagues eventually.

Absolute workhorse and a great guy to boot.

We're certainly going to miss him here. Good luck Lordo.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Congrats swamp fans, you will have a new following from Wales. Lord is one hell of a pickup. We knew we were going to struggle to keep him, he's destined for the big leagues eventually.

Absolute workhorse and a great guy to boot.

We're certainly going to miss him here. Good luck Lordo.

It's suprising and disappointing that no NLA or DEL club gave him a shot.

Theokritos

Global Moderator
Apr 6, 2010
Greenville Swamp Rabbits president Todd Mackin:

"I was connected to Andrew through the assistant general manager at the LA Kings, who I trust for his hockey knowledge. From there I had two or three good conversations with Andrew. It went really quickly and I believed in him and his mindset was exactly to mine which was important and I couldn’t be happier it worked out this way. It was imperative for us to go in a new and different direction, going for someone young, new, energetic and all the things Andrew brings to the table. He’s the perfect fit for what we want to do and we want him to grow with us and pandemic or not, it’s a direction we would have taken away.
What he did was put together detailed preparation on our team before I even had a conversation with him. He was telling me where our strengths and weaknesses were and brought so much more than had expected. His passion really jumped off the page and that was important to me. Our viewpoints aligned and that was exciting for me so when the ownership spoke to him and had the same impression, that was fantastic.
Mackin says he’s been struck by the reaction by the fans in Cardiff to Lord’s move, with plenty of messages from heartbroken Devils fans delighted by this new opportunity for their beloved coach.
He added: "Lordo’s a winner, dedicated and hard working and the reaction from Cardiff has opened our fans eyes a lot and the excitement has jumped a lot based on passionate they had about a man and as a coach. I hope in three years we’re having the same situation Cardiff have right now where he’s won some championships and he moves on to the next stage. One of the things I’ve said from day one is I want our coaches at ECHL level to be an extension of the AHL coaching staff and when they’re looking for a guy, they look no further than us. At the end of the day, I wasn’t sure our previous coach would have made it to the American league. I’m very sure Andrew will have that opportunity in the future."

Full interview on britishicehockey.co.uk

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Atlanta looking good this year. Could compete for a division title with the two powerhouses. Big names returning: Nesbitt, Bonar, and Laporte. Also signed some solid D-men. Not to mention former Swamp Rabbits captain, Michael Pelech. Solid footing so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->