Confirmed with Link: ECHL: LW Geordie Wudrick, LW/D Ben Rosen, RW Stephen Schultz

Schenn

In Rod We Trust
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2009
Huron County
Normally I'm pretty good with names even if I hear of them once, and knowing approximate age of players in teams systems, but I have never heard of any of these guys. :laugh:

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Normally I'm pretty good with names even if I hear of them once, and knowing approximate age of players in teams systems, but I have never heard of any of these guys. :laugh:

:laugh: I've never heard of them either, but someone may be the next Mickey Lang? At the least it doesn't force us to have so many pro prospects on contracts.

Pholus

May 23, 2014
Not sure about having many prospects in the ECHL this year, last year we had max 2 sent down at any one time. I can see one goalie at a time being with Orlando, just to get playing time, and possibly Rupert(s), maybe even 1 dman (not sure who though), but that's pretty much it.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
http://orlandosolarbearshockey.com/news/080614-rosenschultzwudrick.php

More depth in the ECHL. Roster is starting to round out for next year. Maybe some Marlies among the bunch if we decide to move a whole lot of depth.

I think you're misunderstanding affiliation and Leafs property.

These players are not Leaf property by simply signing ECHL PTO (Pro tryout contracts) with a team that Leafs are affiliated with. Any NHL team could sign anyone of these players at any time to their AHL team if they wanted to, without Leafs consent. Affiliation means the Leafs agree to send a small amount usually around 5-6 players at any time to Orlando for them to use to fill out their roster, with Leafs paying the salaries of the players they send down.

Even the GM running the ECHL team doesn't report to the Leafs management on his decisions simply because of affiliation on who he chooses to sign.

This is more a situation to allow for AHL flow-over to the ECHL then an upstream feeder system.. If the Leafs faced injuries they would pull from the AHL and in case of need the Marlies would bottom fill from the ECHL starting with the players they have under contract.

An NHL team is only allowed 50 pro contracts total and most of those are used by the NHL and AHL team. You couldn't fill an NHL team, AHL team and ECHL team with that CBA limitation.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad