ECHL game rained out

Gibbie42

Aug 5, 2011
Evansville, IN

Well snowed out. IceMen-Cyclones game on Saturday was postponed as well. The IceMen were on the bus for over 7 hours and were 80 miles from Cincinnati (the trip should only take 4 hours max) when it was called. Some of the highways leading into Cincy had closed. Make up date tba. I'm not sure how it is in Cali but the midwest got socked this weekend. Sleet, freezing rain then a foot of snow on top.

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
Well snowed out. IceMen-Cyclones game on Saturday was postponed as well. The IceMen were on the bus for over 7 hours and were 80 miles from Cincinnati (the trip should only take 4 hours max) when it was called. Some of the highways leading into Cincy had closed. Make up date tba. I'm not sure how it is in Cali but the midwest got socked this weekend. Sleet, freezing rain then a foot of snow on top.
We've had a big cold snap out here in the west, but snow only affected the higher elevations. To get from Vegas to Bakersfield, you have to go through the Tehacapis which can get quite snowy. The Wranglers knew the main road into Bakersfield was closed before they left but the league told them to try anyway, and then they got about 50 miles out before having to turn around. They got a scenic drive through Southern California. Such is life in the minors.

easternrefugee

Jun 24, 2013
Bakersfield, CA
We've had a big cold snap out here in the west, but snow only affected the higher elevations. To get from Vegas to Bakersfield, you have to go through the Tehacapis which can get quite snowy. The Wranglers knew the main road into Bakersfield was closed before they left but the league told them to try anyway, and then they got about 50 miles out before having to turn around. They got a scenic drive through Southern California. Such is life in the minors.

This is TOTAL garbage.

1. Bako played in LV on Friday night and was back for the game on Saturday.
2. The storm had been announced since Monday. it was NO surprise
3. If Bako could make it back then certainly LV could have followed and made the proper plans.
4. EVERY year LV tries to pull this stunt when they have a home game on the following Sunday. Last year they complained for two hours to the league and finally they were told to play or forfeit.

If this was an unexpected weather hazard then fine. it was not. Bako should get the two points due to LV's lack of proper planning.

lvwranglersfan

Jun 8, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
This is TOTAL garbage.

1. Bako played in LV on Friday night and was back for the game on Saturday.
2. The storm had been announced since Monday. it was NO surprise
3. If Bako could make it back then certainly LV could have followed and made the proper plans.
4. EVERY year LV tries to pull this stunt when they have a home game on the following Sunday. Last year they complained for two hours to the league and finally they were told to play or forfeit.

If this was an unexpected weather hazard then fine. it was not. Bako should get the two points due to LV's lack of proper planning.

So what you are saying is the Wranglers should have left the night before, incurred extra costs of staying in a hotel and per diems, and then got stranded the next day and have to cancel their own home game? That sounds like good business. And you are also saying that they knew Highway 58 was going to be closed, I guess they are psychics now. And we all know meteorologists are always right. Why would they avoid playing Bakersfield, the only team in the west with a worse record than them? After all, Bakersfield can't even keep their ice in good shape. I am sure that is what you are referencing about the 2 hour delay. I was at that game and you could physically see ripples in the ice. I'm surprised anyone would want to play on that.

tvboy11

May 3, 2013
The "extra cost" to Las Vegas, as it turned out, was peanuts compared to what Bakersfield lost by having to pull the plug on a Saturday-night home game. I don't blame the Condors for being a little upset that they lost a prime weekend date because the Wranglers wanted to save a few bucks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad