ECHL Confirms Expansions for Coralville, Iowa & Trois-Rivières, Québec (2021-22)

royals119

Jun 12, 2006
West Lawn, PA
... between that and the WTOC report out of the SC Stingrays region of Charleston this came totally out of the blue...
WTOC 11 is located in Savannah, according to their website. Savannah is just across the state line from SC, so WTOC does cover news in SC, but I don't see where this has anything to do with the Stingrays.

I just checked to refresh my eastern Georgia geography - Savannah is a 2 hour drive to Charleston, and a two hour drive to Jacksonville, and three hours to Atlanta. Seems like an ideal location from a travel perspective. Would help out all the teams in the south division to add a team there.

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Iowa somewhat close to announcing their name. They say they are making some tweaks and the name will be announced "Soonish". Leads me to believe they have already chosen the name and are finalizing the brand. I believe both Iowa and TR will announce names and logos before the end of the regular season

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
ECHL minor league hockey team coming to new Savannah arena

The team would be owned and operated by the same group as Jacksonville. Not one that I had heard had expressed interest in Savannah.
The Savanna Bananas name needs to be stolen from the baseball team. It's too awesome!

Color me very surprised at the number of new teams coming to the ECHL. I thought that the league would be consolidating toward 20 teams by this time-and that was pre-Covid reaction nonsense.

Glad to be wrong on this one.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
Except Iowa has an arena but no affiliates? So it's like a Bizarro Seattle? :banghead:
not what I'm getting at, JM.... Iowa likely aligns with Minnesota.... just as the Wild and Wolves have in Des Moines..

the other thing is 3R hasn't announced anything officially, either.... but we're a year or so out and Savannah came out of nowhere

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad