ECHL "Commissioner’s Exempt List"

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
if I had to venture a guess, it might violate the PHPA Legal clause that governs the labor contracts that routinely come up for renewal since it's that entity that works in conjunction with the member clubs which prevent lockouts as an example...

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
I'm thinking it may have something to do with COVID quarantining...
If so, I hope the ECHL exemptions don't include players being "allowed to be present at the facility for meetings, to work out, and to receive treatment." :amazed:

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
according to what I've seen on the Kansas City fan group list that I'm a part of it is exactly the same precedent as to how the NFL deemed their Covid 19 reserve list in addition to the traditional transaction list

the thread there also said both coaches are on the exempt list, so whatever that health protocol defines as not necessarily a positive test, similiar to what most states and provinces gets you added to that list unless you're cleared of the virus

Last edited:

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
Supporting info provided by The Sin Bin's Matthew Harding ...
What Is the ECHL’s COVID Testing Strategy?

After two weeks of the ECHL season, there is finally clarity on what the ECHL’s testing strategy is. In an interview to air during an upcoming episode of the Three Periods Podcast (you might have heard of it, it’s pretty good…,) ECHL Commissioner Ryan Crelin said the players were tested at their offseason homes, tested once they arrived into the ECHL market, and are being tested twice-a-week during the season in an effort he labels as an “escalated effort” to thwart a possible outbreak. ...

Crelin also elaborated on what the “Commissioner’s Exempt List” is, saying it is used for COVID-positive players, contract-tracing, and any other “pandemic reasons deemed appropriate by the league office.” Crelin says the list serves as a catch-all for any pandemic-related eventuality that may arise. Once players are placed on the list, they will be on there for a minimum of five days, their roster spot and pay held. If a player(s) are COVID-positive, the players must have a doctor’s clearance before returning to the ice.

As of Sunday afternoon, there were 17 players on the Commissioner’s Exempt List.

Last edited:
Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->