ECHL annual meeting in Vegas, with SPHL teams

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
http://echl.com/2015-echl-annual-me...sa-to-be-held-june-22-26-in-las-vegas-p198306

June 22-26, ECHL BOG, annual meetings, showcases, etc.

And the 9 SPHL teams will be participating.

Have to wonder if there might be a merger.

As someone who has actually attended these meetings before, just because sales reps from nine SPHL teams are there to participate in sales seminars is not indicative of a merger. These meetings are about best practices and improving sales and marketing performance. They have nothing to do with the structure of the league.

If the owners of nine SPHL teams were participating in the ECHL Board of Governors meetings, then you could wonder.

SemireliableSource

Liter-a-cola
Sep 30, 2006
HSV
No, you don't have to wonder. There won't be a merger. I know personally the representative that Pensacola is sending and it's not the team owner. Most SPHL teams will be sending two representatives and it's mainly to take in the marketing and other presentations. Some teams have attended in the past, some have watched via teleconference. I think the ECHL is just pushing that all the teams will have representation in attendance.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
One day it may happen but that's after the AHL takes what ECHL teams they want. Both leagues have teams that aren't viable but somehow survive. Eventually I think cooler heads prevail and the ECHL goes back to being a non affiliated AA league. I think people will eventually come to their senses that its not viable and people dreaming for a 30-30-30 are in need of a head examination because between the two leagues there's not even 30 franchises that are on solid footing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad