Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
I was a Devils fan as a kid, so I had a hatred for the Rangers back then and that has kind of stuck with me into adulthood - but it's just not as intense (I'd say Tampa and Toronto have surpassed them on my hate list).

This series in my mind is the definition of "it could go either way." I wouldn't be surprised if this was it for our run, but I also wouldn't be surprised if we figure out how to take it. Special teams, as always, is the key. It's that simple. Our powerplay cannot be as anemic as it has been at times against Boston. Getting outplayed badly in that area will kill our chances of taking the series.

I want to see more from Tkachuk as well. I know Bennett is hurt, so I'll give him a pass. Lundell seems to have found another gear and I'm excited to see if he can continue to ascend in this series.

I've liked Bob's play so far, but I'm hoping he can be even better and truly get back to last year's peak. They have the goaltending, we'll need Bob at his absolute best to match them in that category.

I think we're about to face our biggest challenge since Vegas last year. The Rangers are no joke.

I need to drum up some hatred for the rangers but I'll imagine it'll be easy once the series starts and the media/broadcasts starts fawning again over another O6 team... I want to see us the O6 killer - happy to f*** 'em all up and stuff their entitlement down their throats. OK, I think I'm there ;-).

I'm not sure what to think about this series - The Athletic has us as 65/35 favourites which seems too high for me, especially then reading the damn article (2024 NHL playoff preview: Rangers vs. Panthers). I felt games 5 and 6 against Boston were pretty much coin tosses to be honest, and they were not a contender team. And from the sounds of things, the rangers have both structure and goaltending, along with the forward talent that Boston lacks. On the other hand, I do believe we have the more talented roster overall but we just haven't been playing like it recently.

As @Chessarmy says, we need to resurrect our PP, stay out of the box, and get our second line going - hopefully that switch at centre does it. And a God-mode performance from Bob wouldn't hurt either. I think this is going to be tough but we can do it. We've got the Presidents Trophy curse behind us so that must count for something, hockey gods...

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
200w.gif

actual footage right here
So that's how they keep getting sick.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The refrain we would always hear: "It was bettah in New Yawhrk." It didn't matter that these people had fled a giant open sewer and had no intention of ever going back, they would still come down here and complain -- insultingly so -- about their new neighbors.
Lmaolollollollol. This right here!! You gotta laugh at the refugee from the shit hole, giving you disdainful look while informing you how much better it is up there.

“Well, then, Champ, wtf are you doing down here??!?”
Never once did any have a reply. At least it shuts them tf up lollol..
It was always funny when after informing you of how backwater your town and neighbors are, they would ask for directions to a restaurant or somewhere. I wonder how many were halfway to Georgia before blurting out that “the backward ass FL kid didn’t know his way around town, his directions led us right to I95 N.....”
:huh:

Chaos2k7

Believe!
Aug 10, 2003
Costa Rica
Thus thread is not about anyone's disdain for NYers, every fanbase has trolls, this is just part of finally being relevant. The best medicine is having the boys beat them where it counts, on the scoreboard.

There are assholes everywhere, close to home and even abroad, lol.

Lets remember to keep it non personal in here guys.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Asked my wife last night if we can have some sexy time since I had a boony.

She had no f***ing clue what I was talking about so she went to bed. Depressing times
You missed the chance for “the big reveal”.

“Come here, baby, I’ll show you what a boony is....”

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
define big
Big as in next level, impressive even.....using props like a smoke machine with fire and explosions. And a Ring announcer calling your entrance to the boudoir.
Let’s get ready to ruuuuummmmble!!

;) works every time.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Rangers in their offensive zone play similar to the Panthers but they tend to set up their plays starting further away from the net. Often times the Panthers set up their plays from the back of the net. The battles are to limit each other from setting up closer to the net period.

So whoever can be a more disruptive and force incoming puks out of the zone will win the 5 on 5’s. I think we can more than hold our own. We cannot allow the Rangers to score much on the PP if we do our PP will have to match theirs might be a tall order.

Last edited:

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Thus thread is not about anyone's disdain for NYers, every fanbase has trolls, this is just part of finally being relevant. The best medicine is having the boys beat them where it counts, on the scoreboard.

There are assholes everywhere, close to home and even abroad, lol.

Let’s remember to keep it non personal in here guys.
Well said buddy.

And to keep it pretty simple and level-set everyone, personal attacks = flaming = points. It’s fine to object to someone’s view point, just keep it on the subject and the subject isn’t the poster.

Reactions: PSLguy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad