Series Talk: ECFs Discussion - Panthers vs Rangers - (4-2 Florida)

CatscratchFever

#CatsAreComing
Dec 11, 2002
O-hi-O
Visit site
I'm not ready to get into the weeds about match ups and actual games yet and here's why: My brothers in Christ, especially the long timers here. We are in the ECF for the 2nd straight year. We have a team that's envied and hated. It's such a good feeling..I just want to enjoy this ride so much. Feels good, man.

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
No.

We just reached the ECF. Anything more is just gravy IMO.

Of course I’d be very disappointed if they don’t make it to the SCF at least, being so close. Unless they lose in 4 an play horribly against NYR, I will consider this season a successful one.

At the end of the season there's only one winner and everyone else are losers. Since the Panthers are not rebuilding there's no silver lining to describe the reality of their situation.

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
At the end of the season there's only one winner and everyone else are losers. Since the Panthers are not rebuilding there's no silver lining to describe the reality of their situation.
It's unbelievably hard to win the cup. I think this narrative lies dangerously close to the idea that all Zito've done doesn't really matter until they get the cup. And I don't like it.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
It's unbelievably hard to win the cup. I think this narrative lies dangerously close to the idea that all Zito've done doesn't really matter until they get the cup. And I don't like it.
I think whether we win the cup or not Zito has done magnificently. Our greatest GM. Given us a team to be proud of. Put Panthers hockey on the map and finally some respect in the league.

Back to back ECF is not easy to achieve, let alone back to back Stanley Cup Finals (which we are 4 wins away from)

No Montour, Ekblad for 1st part of season and Bennett out 11 out of 12 games to start the season. A lot (media) thought we'd be wildcard at best this year and a few thought we'd miss out completely.

Whatever happens from here I consider it a successful season. The only thing that remains is just how good of a season will it become.

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
I think I’m more optimistic than most. We can play pretty much any style, but I feel like we can usually bring other teams down to our style rather than getting pulled into theirs. Key will mostly be staying out of the box but I do feel comfortable with our PK. Still think series goes at least 6.
I'm pretty optimistic, I think Swayman is better than Igor currently. Carolina didn't have problems scoring, it was the PK that ultimately lost them the series.

I think we'll score plenty, the question is, will we outscore the Rangers. Need to keep out of the box.

Marco 85

Jan 13, 2021
Is there any chance of the following happening:

Putting OEL on the PP instead of Montour?
Benching Ekblad?
Getting Swaggy to care about playing D?

ScottyMascotty

Dec 24, 2017
St. Petersburg
Is there any chance of the following happening:
Getting Swaggy to care about playing D?
He had a strange series, where without him on ice, Bob could do all his usual miracles and stopping Pastrnak on the breakaways, but with him, high-danger chances against turned into goals at unsustainable rate and Bob couldn't do anything against Brazeau, Geekie, and Zacha. Talk about being "PDOed to hell"

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
The Canes gave them a run for their money. All the games were close. We're basically a better version of the Canes.

We've got the better smothering forecheck, better defense, better Finnish 1C (and another Finnish 2C in the making, the better goalie, the better coach who was their coaches daddy...I could go on.

NYR are a great team and have a lot going for them. But we'll be the best team they've faced so far. And vice versa.

Idiot Stick

Youre back on the case Bobrovsky!
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
The Canes gave them a run for their money. All the games were close. We're basically a better version of the Canes.

We've got the better smothering forecheck, better defense, better Finnish 1C (and another Finnish 2C in the making, the better goalie, the better coach who was their coaches daddy...I could go on.

NYR are a great team and have a lot going for them. But we'll be the best team they've faced so far. And vice versa.
What scares me is the canes abysmal powerplay killed them

Our powerplay is basically as useless

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Our pk has been our saving grace

I think boston was 1/17 or something that entire series
Kept tampa as contained as possible and some came on 6 on 4s

I think rangers pp is better than both though so itll be tough

Idiot Stick

Sponsor
Oct 22, 2023
You Got, Florida
Hopefully tarasenko finally hits that playoff mode
Not bad but underwhelming, with the 2nd line being off (if they keep it with lundell well see) we need some extra scoring

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I think whether we win the cup or not Zito has done magnificently. Our greatest GM. Given us a team to be proud of. Put Panthers hockey on the map and finally some respect in the league.

Back to back ECF is not easy to achieve, let alone back to back Stanley Cup Finals (which we are 4 wins away from)

No Montour, Ekblad for 1st part of season and Bennett out 11 out of 12 games to start the season. A lot (media) thought we'd be wildcard at best this year and a few thought we'd miss out completely.

Whatever happens from here I consider it a successful season. The only thing that remains is just how good of a season will it become.
Agreed. We finished as a top-5 team in the league for the 3rd time in 4 years (and the one time we didn’t we made it to the Stanley cup final), pulled off winning the division when the odds of that were incredibly slim entering the final five games of the season (same amount of divisional titles as Tampa believe it or not), and are in the conference finals…for a 2nd straight year. There are teams that making it to the conference finals is the furthest they’ve ever been. Hell, some teams never even been that far. I think we have an incredible team but not so absurdly good where I think we should be clear favorites to win it all and anything less is a disappointment. These are the golden years of this franchise. A time I never thought would come. Savor it for as long as we can

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad