Pre-Game Talk: ECF - Pens vs. Bruins Game 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
"See I think it would help Morrow. When Morrow-Jokinen-Dupuis was a line it was absolutely incredible. Dupuis's speed actually hid the fact that Morrow has none. It was the perfect combination of speed, grit, and scoring. Bennett isn't quite as fast, but Morrow had good chemistry with him as well" Quoting Waffle Fries
That might be true, but maybe that was because Dupuis is the most responsible defensively out of those 3 and can carry the line, the line I proposed might not be, but we haven't seen enough of Bennett to know that.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The Pens should pretty much do what they did game one.

They outplayed the Bruins most of the game and nine games out of ten they win playing as they did.

As for the line combinations, may as well not worry about it as Bylsma will never do what we want him to. I think given yesterday's game that the Pens can win despite Bylsma.

masterful tacotron

May 26, 2013
When they're in the offensive zone, park a guy (or two) in front of the net and take shots from the circles. That's all they need to do.

They've got a bunch of guys that are capable of doing this effectively (kunitz, morrow, adams, cooke, (maybe) sutter and (possibly) neal), the penguins just don't like playing garbage goal hockey but sometimes that's what you've got to do. They just need to get their sticks down and get ready for a spinal pounding from all the crosschecks.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

They outplayed the Bruins most of the game and nine games out of ten they win playing as they did.

As for the line combinations, may as well not worry about it as Bylsma will never do what we want him to. I think given yesterday's game that the Pens can win despite Bylsma.

There were some ugly turnovers in the neutral zone and terrible defensive zone coverage by the Pens in game 1.I think we will see an improvement in that area.

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
That might be true, but maybe that was because Dupuis is the most responsible defensively out of those 3 and can carry the line, the line I proposed might not be, but we haven't seen enough of Bennett to know that.

Maybe. I think that's exactly what we need though; someone in the bottom six who can carry a line on their own.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh

We are going to keep preaching it... and it's going to keep falling on deaf ears.

I think the team that can beat itself is the Pens if they stay frustrated. I can't imagine Sid would even remotely play as bad as he did in Game 1. But if they get frustrated, it's on them.

IF they play like they did for 45 minutes, they should take this one. But this is a must-win game. They NEED to shut down Boston and win this game. Then I'm comfortable going back and needing to steal one.

I really hope by the end of tomorrow night I can say "We told you so..."

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
We are going to keep preaching it... and it's going to keep falling on deaf ears.

I think the team that can beat itself is the Pens if they stay frustrated. I can't imagine Sid would even remotely play as bad as he did in Game 1. But if they get frustrated, it's on them.

IF they play like they did for 45 minutes, they should take this one. But this is a must-win game. They NEED to shut down Boston and win this game. Then I'm comfortable going back and needing to steal one.

I really hope by the end of tomorrow night I can say "We told you so..."

I have a feeling you'll be able to. There is a group of extremely motivated guys in that locker room. I have full confidence in this team.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
I have a feeling you'll be able to. There is a group of extremely motivated guys in that locker room. I have full confidence in this team.

I want to have that confidence, but the last couple years have made me question it. :laugh: I was really shocked at how bad of a game Sid played. He had rest and everything and he had mental errors I've never see him make before. It was really strange because before the game he looked more focused than ever.

But I'm in it for the long haul. Even if they get down 3-1, I don't believe it's over. This team is deep. Much like Chicago/Detroit, I feel this team could do it. But I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic until it's over.

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
Maybe. I think that's exactly what we need though; someone in the bottom six who can carry a line on their own.

Its exactly what we need, and we have the depth to do so, its all up to Bylsma to recognize it. Guess we'll see at the morning skate.

HotCoffey

Feb 22, 2013
Park Iginla where he's supposed to be. In front of the net on the PP. Do the same thing with Kunitz on the second. Crash the net like it's your job. Rask will buckle.

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Park Iginla where he's supposed to be. In front of the net on the PP. Do the same thing with Kunitz on the second. Crash the net like it's your job. Rask will buckle.

I've got another plan. Do what they did to Nabokov. Park Iginla in the left circle firing one-timers at Rask's noggin. Do it early in games 2, 3, 4, & 5 and we're onto a winner ;)

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
Ive got a great plan... play the first two periods the same way as game one... put their chances in the net instead of off of crossbars and wide, dont let a trickle in goal give the bruins a lead, and win...

Slabber Chops

Feb 20, 2005
New Zealand
Ive got a great plan... play the first two periods the same way as game one... put their chances in the net instead of off of crossbars and wide, dont let a trickle in goal give the bruins a lead, and win...

Mate, how many posts did they hit in game one? 5? 6? Seems like half of their shots were off the post (or high and wide)

Waffle Fries

Mar 7, 2013
I want to have that confidence, but the last couple years have made me question it. :laugh: I was really shocked at how bad of a game Sid played. He had rest and everything and he had mental errors I've never see him make before. It was really strange because before the game he looked more focused than ever.

But I'm in it for the long haul. Even if they get down 3-1, I don't believe it's over. This team is deep. Much like Chicago/Detroit, I feel this team could do it. But I'm going to stay cautiously optimistic until it's over.

Sid will be fine. I'm sure someone like Iginla, who he really respects, talked to him. I expect him to have a big game tonight. He always bounces back well.

smetana

B2B2B2B HA Champs
Aug 5, 2006
USA I.1
My biggest gripe in game 1 was that we were getting some rebounds off of Rask's pads, but our forwards refused to get in good position to jump on them. Too many guys buzzing by the net, nobody digging in, and those rebounds were harmless as a result.

Keep up the effort from Game 1, hope for a better Sid, and let's go to work! LGP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad