Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Panthers tv guys with their Series preview from FL’s POV. They mention the many ties between the two locales. FL PbP guy, Goldie, was even a Rangers fan growing up. A more informative look at FL here than any I’ve heard from any of the national network yakkers.

This is gonna be so good.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Panthers tv guys with their Series preview from FL’s POV. They mention the many ties between the two locales. FL PbP guy, Goldie, was even a Rangers fan growing up. A more informative look at FL here than any I’ve heard from any of the national network yakkers.

This is gonna be so good.

It could be a fun series or the Rangers could just get demolished.

Trouba, Lindgren, and Schneider are soft? I can’t think of many more definitive hard nosed players. The other 3 hold their own as well.

The Rangers cough up pucks because occasional brain mishaps, not often because of physicality.
Trouba definitely doesn’t handle forecheck pressure well. You know what the guy meant.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
JMO, but FL looks like TB did a few years ago.

I'd be surprised if they didn't win it all.

• Love
Reactions: Laus723

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
The day is here and the Florida Panthers come into MSG carrying a message.

The fate of you Ranger fans lies back in some historic time. The great MSG will yet be another killing ground for our Cats. We will plunder take your woman and children and most of all your hearts…..you have no chance.

GO CATS !!!!!

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
If you truly were a Rangers fan you would never use the term "rags".

No its not.
Yes that man is a fraud!

I am NOT a Rangers fan so I comfortably use the word Rags.

Here's an example: "I really want Florida to destroy the Rags..."

Edit: have also seen Rongos which is pretty funny

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Either one of these teams are "Cup" worthy. Especially Rangers, who seem to have been knocking on "Stanley Cup" door last 7 yrs or so. But.... Rangers just haven't been able to get over that last playoff hump. Florida has solid deep team that's trying to get over that "Cup" hump lately also. Hopefully all this makes for a good, healthy, and hard fought playoff series.

Guessing both WCF's & ECF's should be more competitive since deepest teams made it to final-4 this yr (Minus Vegas of course). Not many weaknesses to exploit in final two rounds, like what we witnessed during rd 1 & rd 2 match-ups. Was hoping for a few decent playoff series during rd 1 and rd 2, like we fans usually watch, but no dice! The NHL just doesn't have same quality of 4th-8th seeded teams these playoffs (Covid fatten-cap has neutered to many NHL teams depth). Dallas was the exception, they were truly tested in early rounds.

Enjoy the ride Ranger & Florida fans, hope we all witness a close series that brings goods. Either team winning "Cup" would be OK in my book. Kinda stinks, there's not one team I dislike in final-4 but that's how it goes sometimes. Again, enjoy the ride fans..... :)

EDIT: Oh my, thinking back on Rangers playoff journey's after posting this, this might be 3rd time a Florida hockey team prevents Rangers from SCF appearance since 2015. That's crazy, even more crazy when your add Islander 2 chances to reach SCF's also. Since 2015, this could be 5 times a Florida NHL team prevents New York NHL team from SCF's. Lightning beat Islanders twice and Ranger twice in ECF's, now our brother from Florida gets their chance to do same. What are the odds of Florida NHL -vs- New York NHL happening for 5 ECF's since 2015? Low, right? Stories within stories, who knew?

Last edited:

Catscountry40

Feb 4, 2021
I have seen some of this in the Twittersphere, but a lot of "the game in S.fla will be like a Rangers home game.''

As someone who has been to going to Cats games for nearly two decades the away effect is always is blown out of proportion. Yes, there will prob be 3k-4k Ranger fans there. But somehow 3k-4k Ranger fans will turn into some NY media member tweeting ''It looks like only 60/40 Panthers fans.'' It is always the biggest straw man guess ever.

If every Panther season ticket holder bought into the series it could not be 60/40. Yes some do sell to make a buck, but that assumes every secondary market ticket goes to a Rangers fan.

I also find it hilarious NY fans move to S.FLA then go to games to and yell about how much better NY and NY sports fan are.

Dude you moved here alongs with thousands of others that could not wait to get out of NY.

Please every New Yoker in S.FLA...move back. Not a soul will miss you.

Bragging about NY while living down here is the equivalent of bragging how great of cruise the Titanic was when you could not wait to get on a life raft and GTFO.

P.S.
JETS SUCK
KNICKS SUCK
METS SUCK

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
I have seen some of this in the Twittersphere, but a lot of "the game in S.fla will be like a Rangers home game.''

As someone who has been to going to Cats games for nearly two decades the away effect is always is blown out of proportion. Yes, there will prob be 3k-4k Ranger fans there. But somehow 3k-4k Ranger fans will turn into some NY media member tweeting ''It looks like only 60/40 Panthers fans.'' It is always the biggest straw man guess ever.

If every Panther season ticket holder bought into the series it could not be 60/40. Yes some do sell to make a buck, but that assumes every secondary market ticket goes to a Rangers fan.

I also find it hilarious NY fans move to S.FLA then go to games to and yell about how much better NY and NY sports fan are.

Dude you moved here alongs with thousands of others that could not wait to get out of NY.

Please every New Yoker in S.FLA...move back. Not a soul will miss you.

Bragging about NY while living down here is the equivalent of bragging how great of cruise the Titanic was when you could not wait to get on a life raft and GTFO.

P.S.
JETS SUCK
KNICKS SUCK
METS SUCK
Many of them will agree with 2out of 3 on your list, as Most of them probably like the Yanks and the G-men.. :dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad