Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Rangers D is soft and I think will cough up a few pucks to the Panthers forecheck

Goalies .. maybe both stay hot, maybe one wilts and tips the scales

Rangers seem to be the team of destiny this post season

Should be a hell of a series for hockey fans

Panthers in 5

Reactions: Laus723

Machinehead

Jiminy Crickets Let's Cut the Hubris
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Carolina had an xG advantage of less than a goal at 5v5.

Florida is a better 5v5 team but the Rangers' 5v5 play has reached meme status.

It's really not that bad.

Reactions: UnSandvich

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
Carolina had an xG advantage of less than a goal at 5v5.

Florida is a better 5v5 team but the Rangers' 5v5 play has reached meme status.

It's really not that bad.
:naughty: Are things so tough up there that you all have to share an avatar (the template, at least)?

PS; bring back the husky pic. What a gorgeous dog.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
To be perfectly honest he sure hasn't been good in the POs this year injury or not. CAR didn't take it to him physically, lots of fly bys on the dump ins. I expect FL to hit him every chance they get.
That’s true too. 2nd best player not playing well…not good.

KevinFinnerty

I bomb atomically...
Mar 7, 2020
St.Augustine
Wellll....if the previous cups and banners and all the past mean anything that will somehow influence this series, as you initially implied when analyzing the series :sarcasm:
Then Bob’s 2 Vezina’s MUST mean he is better goalie, right?
that’s how that kind of logic works, no? :laugh:
yes we will leave it at that. you guys have the advantage in net.

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
Rangers D is soft and I think will cough up a few pucks to the Panthers forecheck

Panthers in 5
Maybe it’s me and no disrespect and I’m a Panthers fan….but if the Rangers are a team of destiny why are you picking the Cats to win in 5 ?

QJL

Jan 2, 2014

Panthers in 5

Trouba, Lindgren, and Schneider are soft? I can’t think of many more definitive hard nosed players. The other 3 hold their own as well.

The Rangers cough up pucks because occasional brain mishaps, not often because of physicality.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Trouba, Lindgren, and Schneider are soft? I can’t think of many more definitive hard nosed players. The other 3 hold their own as well.

The Rangers cough up pucks because occasional brain mishaps, not often because of physicality.
They're not soft but they're not great at moving the puck out of their own end. That's the real issue with the Rangers D.

They generally play best when they can force a dumpin that lets them break it back out quickly rather than having to muck around and make plays to spring a breakout. Sometimes that works and sometimes doesn't

A healthy Chytil could be a needle mover in this matchup

IdleTraveller

Mar 30, 2024
I know ESPN and NHL hoping New York comes out of this because if the Finals is Dallas vs Florida or Canadian Team vs Florida.......LMAOO ratings disaster

I love this!! Got my conspiracy fodder for the inevitable goalie interference (mis)call.

Sdevils42

Nov 30, 2016
Well, when we started scoring on the PK we went from power play merchants to special teams merchants.

No need to take anything personal. It's just that over the last few years the Rangers have relied on their PP and elite goaltending. I mean those are pretty much facts. Although improved they're an average at best team at 5v5.

Even strength is where the Panthers have the advantage. They learned from last year, and this regular season, that losing composure can cause them to lose leads and games. They could have been a lot more physical against the Lightning, but knew that giving the Lightning PP opportunities would make winning the series more difficult, so I expect the same composure against the Rangers. No team is able to rattle them to the point where they go away from that script.

Florida over the regular season was the best 5-on-5 team in the league, and the best defensive team in the league. They push the pace, they dump and chase more than any team in the league, they forecheck relentless, are physical, and tend to control possession. If they can keep the series even strength, and limit the Rangers PP chances, it will certainly help.

One thing that will be interesting is Lundell playing 2nd line center with Verhaeghe and Tkachuk, and Bennett on the 3rd. Lundell has been playing outstanding hockey, and brings excellent D zone coverage to that line, allowing the to be be more effective on both sides of the ice. It gives the Panthers 2 defensive minded centers the matchup against the Rangers top 2 lines, and allow Bennett to still be effective and have an advantage over any 3rd line center for the Rangers.

A team that is able to dump and chase and get hard on the forecheck successfully vs this group of Rangers defenseman would seem like the recipe. Rangers have been able to hold leads this year by running the 1-3-1 trap as soon as they get a lead and credit to them it's been extremely successful.

iam76

Sep 30, 2011
Connecticut
Why are the rangers the team of destiny? Isn't that just wishful thinking? Looking for signs? Florida was the team of destiny last year and look how that ended up.

Reactions: lubitschtouch

Cuckoo4Kakko

Jul 1, 2019
Why are the rangers the team of destiny? Isn't that just wishful thinking? Looking for signs? Florida was the team of destiny last year and look how that ended up.
Why was Florida the team of destiny last year? Isn’t that just wishful thinking? Looking for signs?

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
this is just my subjective opinion and I havent seen all the games .. but puck luck is favoring the Rangers heavily imo and will that dry up or continue for the Rags?

Not trying to troll or be dismissive of the rangers as it takes a lot of hard work to get puck luck .. it is an earned thing. You need to generate traffic, do a good job of possessing the puck, getting shots on goal etc before you can even be in position to get the "lucky bounce".

"Takes a lot of practice to get lucky" - Patrick Roy

Reactions: TheWrongWay

Beezeral

Mar 1, 2010
I think they were 24-3-3 in 1 goal games this season and that trend has continued in the playoffs. When you continually win 1 goal games even when against the pace of play, "team of destiny" get's thrown around.

Reactions: Neil Racki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad