Votes: 20 3.1%
  • Rangers in 4

Votes: 8 1.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York

IMG_6237.png
IMG_5088.png

New York Rangers (1M) vs. Florida Panthers (1A)

Eastern Conference Finals

Game 1: Panthers at Rangers -- May 22, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 2: Panthers at Rangers -- May 24, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 3: Rangers at Panthers -- May 26, 3 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
Game 4: Rangers at Panthers -- May 28, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 5: Panthers at Rangers -- May 30, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 6: Rangers at Panthers -- June 1, 8 p.m. ET (ABC, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ Game 7: Panthers at Rangers -- June 3, 8 p.m. ET (ESPN, ESPN+, SN, CBC, TVAS)
+ If Necessary

Last edited:

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
(Not trolling)
Florida fans, how's Bob been this year/playoffs? I remember last year he was one of the big reasons for their deep run, but at a glance his stats look much more pedestrian this year.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
(Not trolling)
Florida fans, how's Bob been this year/playoffs? I remember last year he was one of the big reasons for their deep run, but at a glance his stats look much more pedestrian this year.
One bad game vs TB kinda skewing them a bit. Boston didn’t shoot a lot, but it usually was a good chance when they did. Bob was there when needed.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
One bad game vs TB kinda skewing them a bit. Boston didn’t shoot a lot, but it usually was a good chance when they did. Bob was there when needed.

The Boston series was mostly what I was referring to actually. a .903 sv% at 5v5 and a .900 at all strengths was rather surprising to me tbh
(per NaturalStatTrick)

EDIT: Per NST he had an almost .930 sv% at 5v5 against Tampa, but had a rougher time on special teams

TheWrongWay

May 7, 2023
New York
If the rangers win the cup it will be exactly 30 years after their last one. That is pretty much on the money for what you expect statistically. Explain to me how one of 7 Canadian teams has not won in that timeframe!

Idk. Edmonton had like 473 first-overall picks in the 2010s. You'd think a chimpanzee as GM, using a magic 8-ball to make decisions, would have accidentally backed them into a Cup win.

Reactions: mandiblesofdoom

Saitama

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 20, 2010
Winnipeg
Panthers fans expectations seem to fall somewhere between giving and receiving a total stomp down. With most being in the range of expecting a closely contested series.
Hopefully it is. The Panthers are a great team! I obviously want my Rangers to win it all, but there's not a team left that I'd be sad about holding the cup! Good luck and good series to you all!

To be fair, it's like 3 or 4 morons posting over and over. Hit ignore on those few and this thread is a lot more pleasant and a lot less grade school.

;)
Isn't that almost always the case huh? I've been a bit quicker to hit the ignore on those types in these threads and man, has it made a difference! It's not like those types of posters are ever going to change the way they post, so nothing of value is lost.

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
The Boston series was mostly what I was referring to actually. a .903 sv% at 5v5 and a .900 at all strengths was rather surprising to me tbh
(per NaturalStatTrick)

EDIT: Per NST he had an almost .930 sv% at 5v5 against Tampa, but had a rougher time on special teams
That’s why Panthers focused on cutting down taking penalties. They realized TB power play could turn the series. Think you’ll see same mentality vs NY, as the same is true about their PP.

Last edited:

robertocarlos

Sep 19, 2014
Only three teams since 1960 that lost the Stanley Cup Final went on to win the Cup the following year...1967 Canadiens, 1983 Oilers, and 2008 Penguins.
I can't remember who won the Cup last year. I think you're saying Panthers lost last year but to which team?

JimmyG89

May 1, 2010
There are some very interesting matchups that have to play out. Both teams seem to go Barkov/Zibanejad as the matchup, both teams ran this in their own building.

The other prevailing matchup was Bennett/Trocheck. This is the Panarin line. I do wonder if Laviolette will feel comfortable running the Wennberg line here at times to try and free up Panarin against the 3rd line.

That line is currently Chytil-Wennberg-Kakko which the iteration of this with Cuylle was one of our best xGF% lines. It also has two centers and a strong defensive winger.

Maurice having Lundell's line as backup helps mitigate this, unless he wants that to be the matchup anyway. Both teams have very good depth and that's what makes this series almost impossible to pick decisively.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I think anyone expecting this to be an easy series in either direction is an idiot.

I'm going to delete this if it ends in less than 6 and go off the grid.

This series is going to be all about duration of time with the lead. Big stat to pay attention to. I think we'll see wide open starts and dead puck finishes. Each team is going to try furiously to score first and just suffocate the other team the rest of the game and only take what's given. Both these teams love to trap with the lead (the modern versions of the trap, that is).

Expect about 3 million zone entry denials, flip outs, and pucks off the glass every single second and third period of this series #getpucksdeep

Reactions: TriFF51

Two4Fighting

Oct 17, 2007
I anticipate a grinding series, slow down the Rangers entering the zone, battle the boards, dump and chase, I thinknwe will see lots of breakaways, I mentioned this before, they use drop passes alot, used to create disarray on Carolinas defense to leave out big empty spaces and then just shoot bombs from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad