Post-Game Talk: ECF Game 4 - Celtics (1) vs Heat (3) - Heat win Game 4 112-109

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
This team needs a bench upgrade in the worst way this off-season. No instant offense type player whatsoever.

I just do not understand what happens to this team with the lapses they have every single game. It's not an isolated thing either, it's literally every game. They just forget the type of basketball they should play, and totally get away from it.
You see it with Jimmy Butler, it starts with your star play. This is Tatum's team and he's way too high and low for a team trying to win a championship, he makes the same mental mistakes every time down the stretch while the guy on the other end is making big plays.

The bench i have no hope in Ainge getting a good shooter for the bench, in recent years it feels like him and the Bruins are drinking the same tainted tap water that makes them addicted to "two-way" players who are really just decent defensively. Wasted a lottery pick on a injured wing with a broken jump shot because he was decent defensively, the other bench wings are Ojeyele and Green who are athletic but give you zero offense. Besides Smart the 2nd best scorer on the bench is Wanamaker. When there was moves to make at the trade deadline he did nothing and now he's going to have 3 first round picks and a lot of end of bench guys who hold zero value so unless he gets someone to bite on those you can look forward to Ainge drafting the best players willing to stay in Europe or China for at least a year

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
@JRull86 We can both agree that Smart is great when he wants to be and does a lot of important little things when necessary that helps teams scrap out wins. Another player for a prominent team in the 90s did the same thing and yet even he understood his role a little bit better than Smart did.

EipoReZX0AESzGi

Because that's what Smart is. He's f***ing John Starks. And the sooner he gets that through his diamond thick skull, the better off the Celtics will be because of it. If he doesn't, he will be as much of a detriment as Starks was when he thought he was as big as Ewing.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Who was the poster before the series who said Tyler Herro a stud and if the Celtics lose he’s going to be a big reason?

hint - same guy who said draft him somehow move up if you have to flipping other firsts - guys an assassin (sadly he went 1 pick infront of Celtics and the rumor is Ainge tried doing exactly this)

hint 2: basketball is his 4th sport

Reactions: Ritmo and EvilDead

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
Who was the poster before the series who said Tyler Herro a stud and if the Celtics lose he’s going to be a big reason?

hint - same guy who said draft him somehow move up if you have to flipping other firsts - guys an assassin (sadly he went 1 pick infront of Celtics and the rumor is Ainge tried doing exactly this)

hint 2: basketball is his 4th sport

Watching that draft I was pissed when Miami took him.....I thought we had it made

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
That game was pitiful.....how many stupid turnovers....trying to pass over people, driving and passing to an area where 2 defenders were...terrible decision making

Reactions: lopey

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
That game was pitiful.....how many stupid turnovers....trying to pass over people, driving and passing to an area where 2 defenders were...terrible decision making
Mind first thing to go ...they sure look done

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I'd rather they lose the next game instead of putting on a fake show and losing in game 6 after. If you're too lazy or lacking a pulse enough to get up for the biggest game of the year, it's time to call it a day and go home. You're not a real contender because you should be smashing the Heat. You have better high end talent, and better role players, collectively.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
The reason they're down in this series is turnovers. They've been shooting better than Miami, and have been pretty close in everything else, but the turnovers have been killing them. Miami has been getting 6 extra shots per game largely due to those turnovers. If they could just hold onto the ball, this is probably a sweep.

Reactions: EvilDead and pgm16

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Felger and Mazz and the gang are talking Miami Lakers final today. Remind me did the Heat win 4 games yet. Probably going to happen can we they at least wait till that happens.

I think it's pretty apparent that they're packing it in, given how they came out to start last game. But you are correct, at least wait til it happens. Felger loves to piss off green team fans though. My big fear is that they get a false sense of bravado and pride tonight and prolong the agony only to roll over in game 6. Just a feeling though, so I could be way off...

Reactions: TD Charlie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad