Post-Game Talk: ECF Game 4 - Celtics (1) vs Heat (3) - Heat win Game 4 112-109

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
tumblr_inline_p7tnkhAL401r3fk5s_500.jpg

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
They did this a few games ago as well. Couldn't hit a three for most of the game but when they're down 2 possessions at the end of the game they all start going in.

Reactions: EvilDead

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I blew so much money on a new phone today that I really didn’t wanna buy, and then I burned the hell out of my mouth on shitty pizza. Not even good pizza.

then tampa wins

then the Celtics lay this trash on me

Reactions: EvilDead

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
I blew so much money on a new phone today that I really didn’t wanna buy, and then I burned the hell out of my mouth on shitty pizza. Not even good pizza.

then tampa wins

then the Celtics lay this trash on me

Today was not a good day.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
This team needs a bench upgrade in the worst way this off-season. No instant offense type player whatsoever.

I just do not understand what happens to this team with the lapses they have every single game. It's not an isolated thing either, it's literally every game. They just forget the type of basketball they should play, and totally get away from it.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
That's why game 1 and 2 hurt so bad. You weren't going to outplay Miami every game and throwing away 2 games in the conference finals is playing with fire. Brad's coaching was terrible as well, Theis played 30 minutes when he was abused in the pick and roll giving Herro so much space to get shots off, made it easy for him while Grant Williams who's much more switchable on defense plays 1 minute.

Tatum not scoring in the first half and then two costly turnovers down the stretch which is becoming a regular thing for him, Smart shooting 3-12, the turnovers by the team as a whole and they only lost by 3 points. If this was a regular season game or early in a series you could say it will be fine but they're now down 3-1. I know the nuggets have come back twice in these playoffs from that but i can't see it happening in this series. Miami down the stretch are a monster, Butler, Dragic and Herro all make clutch plays while the supposed Superstar Tatum even when he's making a couple of three pointers is still even at best because he turns the ball over way too much in those situations

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I am of the opinion that the Celtics need to consider moving on from Marcus Smart.
That is just...no. His shooting inconsistency is frustrating, but he just does everything else you want a player to do.

I cannot get in board with that at all.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
They need to play Smart, Tatum, Brown, Hayward, and Walker the bulk of the minutes until the season is over.

Theis obviously gets rotation minutes, as should Grant Williams, but those five need to be at 40+ a night, every night. Hayward needs to have the offense go through him, the entire team plays better when he's handling the ball. Not Tatum.

Reactions: lopey and pgm16

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
That is just...no. His shooting inconsistency is frustrating, but he just does everything else you want a player to do.

I cannot get in board with that at all.

Chris Gaspard got it right with Smart off the court though. His short fuse is causing turmoil in the locker room and is not indicative of what a veteran locker room leader should be. Especially given his role on the team. This team can't have a guy who snaps, starts throwing chairs and comes off as a front running loser when the team is down two games. That is counter productive. It's not to say that Tatum and Brown don't have their quirks either (Brown thinking he is a Mr Know it All and Tatum having the same Duke arrogance that guys like Grant Hill and Christian Lattener had). That said, Marcus Smart has been around the block enough times to know better than to throw a shit fit when the team is down two games. You don't see anyone on the Nuggets doing that and they are just as much in that series with the Lakers as the Celtics were with the Heat, if not more so.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad