Post-Game Talk: ECF Game 3 - Celtics (1) vs Heat (2) - Celtics take Game 3

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Strange to let them waste that much clock instead of fouling. I get trying to get a stop, but even if they used the entire 24 and didn't score, you've left yourself 20s to get multiple possessions and missed FT's.

EvilDead

Shop smart. Shop S-Mart.
Nov 6, 2014
Taiwan
The frustrating part is they're good enough to get those large leads in the first place.

It makes you want to tear your teeth out. Because this team should be as good as the top teams in the NBA but either because of youth or team DNA, they find a way to gag.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I feel like that works really well for the Celtics. You got a chance to get Hayward game action for the first time in a month, and then he gets 3 days off.
I mean it definitely helps them in Haywards case. But just seems weird in the bubble format to have that many days off.

BernieMcAvoy

Feb 18, 2020
Needed that win and it was a good one but that 3 minute stretch where the heat brought it from 16 to 5 showed the same problems are still there. Celtics have 4 players who can handle the ball, make passes and either shoot on the catch or create their own shot yet the offense turns into iso ball. Hayward was the only one during that time that wasn't dribbling the air out of the ball until he put up his own shot, his box score might not look great but he had a huge impact and i want him running the offense late in games.

The Celtics are better than the Heat and should win this series now that Hayward is back and can play over 30 minutes

Reactions: EvilDead

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I like Wanamaker as a backup PG

Not me - I really wanamaker him be on another NBA team next season.

eCw2b.jpg

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
Gonna be hard pressed to find a better backup PG, especially at his price. Was one of their best players in game 1.

he may get paid decently to go elsewhere though

Mr Cartmenez

May 15, 2009
Mannheim
If this series was a boxing fight and the judges had to rule it after 3 games, the Celtics would win it by a slim margin IMO. They were leading all 3 games by double digit points. Kudos to Miami for overcoming those deficits twice, but it shouldn't have happened more than once. It's a nice team, I really like the way they play and aside from Crowder (ironically one Ex-Celtics), they have a likable group of players. But in the end, the more talented team should prevail. Celtics just have more weapons, not necessarily on offense, hut on defense. Spoelstra has to go to the zone in order to hide Herro (too bad we missed him by one spot in last years draft) and Robinson. Otherwise either of them would be borderline unplayable. Celtics finally found something in game 3 to counter their zone.

I don't want to say: "I told you so", but I still believe the Celtics are going to advance.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Celts should be up 3-0. Miami has a lot of heart and work hard... easy team to admire. But outside of 15-20 minutes after 140 or so total, Celtics have dominated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad