• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
If the Caps take the body hard again, the bolts will quit. Just like they did in game 6. If the Caps play like the bigger more aggressive team that they are they don't stand a chance. I think in game 1-2 they played a high pace offensive game. Bolts adjusted and beat us three in a row cause they're the more skilled team. Caps got back to their advantage in game 6. If they let the bodies hit the floor again that soft tampa team will quit on the ice again. Both broadcasts called it out. They quit in game 6 cause they got beat up. Wilson, Ovechkin, Orpik and DS-P beat them to death. My biggest fear is that the Caps gave everything they had in game 6 and they're out of gas. We shall see.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
As long as the Caps play the way they've been playing for much of the series and that's take it to them 5 on 5, they should be okay. That and stay out of the box for obvious reasons. Gives the Bolts a way to stay in the game.

EternalOptimist

Apr 26, 2018
Surprised I haven't seen some drivel posted about how regardless who wins tampa/washington will just get steamrolled by vegas anyway

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
If the Caps take the body hard again, the bolts will quit. Just like they did in game 6. If the Caps play like the bigger more aggressive team that they are they don't stand a chance. I think in game 1-2 they played a high pace offensive game. Bolts adjusted and beat us three in a row cause they're the more skilled team. Caps got back to their advantage in game 6. If they let the bodies hit the floor again that soft tampa team will quit on the ice again. Both broadcasts called it out. They quit in game 6 cause they got beat up. Wilson, Ovechkin, Orpik and DS-P beat them to death. My biggest fear is that the Caps gave everything they had in game 6 and they're out of gas. We shall see.

Ask Boston if we are a soft team.

If they did not play physical is because Coop told them not to.
Really interested to see what TB team we will see in game 7

Aliceanna

Tom Wilson - Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 12, 2011
ATL
Well we (Caps fans) have seen this movie before, dominate in do or die game six, only to get destroyed in game seven. Is this team "different" we shall see.

Caps game seven history in the Ovechkin/Backstrom era.
2017 loss at home
2015 loss on the road
2013 loss at home
2012 win on the road
2012 loss on the road
2010 loss at home
2009 win at home
2009 loss at home
2008 loss at home

That right there is UGLY.

I guess if you HAVE to look for a positive, game seven isn't in D.C.? :dunno:

You missed one:

2015 win at home (R1 vs NYI, Caps held them to 11 SOG, Kuzy w/ the game winner)

Not that it changes anything about the overall narrative--except that, if the Caps do win a game 7 in the Ovi era, they do it every three years: 2009, 2012, 2015,...

Elganja

Feb 8, 2010
Virginia
tampa is going to have a rebound game, whether it's enough to win game 7? i don't know--- but they will play a lot better offensively

caps i think expended a lot of energy, we saw this last year with the Pens game 6, and it didn't end well for them in game 7. with that said, i think they have a thirst they haven't had before, whether it's enough to win game 7? i don't know

I think the wild card in this game, will be Vasilevskiy -- he's been playing out of his mind the last few games, and has not had a stinker in a while (Holtby IMHO did in game 5). I think he may be due for a soft goal

Either way, like another poster said-- neither of these teams are choking, they both have played very well and both deserve to be here

GO CAPS!!!

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
tampa is going to have a rebound game, whether it's enough to win game 7? i don't know--- but they will play a lot better offensively

caps i think expended a lot of energy, we saw this last year with the Pens game 6, and it didn't end well for them in game 7. with that said, i think they have a thirst they haven't had before, whether it's enough to win game 7? i don't know

I think the wild card in this game, will be Vasilevskiy -- he's been playing out of his mind the last few games, and has not had a stinker in a while (Holtby IMHO did in game 5). I think he may be due for a soft goal

Either way, like another poster said-- neither of these teams are choking, they both have played very well and both deserve to be here

GO CAPS!!!

Let's go to the finals, Ovechkin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad