Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Someone correctly pointed out this could be washingtons last chance, they will literally throw everything at tampa to win..they will hit, scrap, fight and jump at whatever they need to win.

Do Tampa have that level of intensity in them?

I get the sense Tampa have had in the back of their mind all series they will be able to do what they need to do and will eventually just win..will that be their mentality again, that their deep talent will just get the job done..is that what stops them from stepping up to the fierce desperation levels required in a game 7?

Yesterday i was thinking Tampa win a close game at home to advance...the more i think of it...washington could steam roll them like game 2 with weight of force overwhelming tampa.

We will see early Tampas mindset, we know washingtons...cant wait to see how this unfolds.

mad4comp

Jan 21, 2010
Someone correctly pointed out this could be washingtons last chance, they will literally throw everything at tampa to win..they will hit, scrap, fight and jump at whatever they need to win.

Wait... I thought that was last year? Or was it the year before that?

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
I am gona do the caps and caps fans a favour and not watch game 7

they have lost all 4 game 7s that I've watched

and i didn't watch the isles one with kuzy's epic goal. go figure

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
:laugh: No, they were the consensus underdogs by NHL analysts and HF stooges alike.

TB with best EC record. If TB loses they choked hard. And if not for Vasi this series is most likely over, 4-2 Caps.

Washington finished 4 spots lower in league standings and 3rd in the east. Underdogs? If that means 10 year old chokers then sure. Caps were up 2-0 this series and carried the play for the most part, if they lose they choked away the closest they've ever been in the Ovechkin era.

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
I can't help but expect that the Caps blew all their energy staying alive in game 6 and don't have it in them to give the same performance tomorrow.

To be fair, Tampa seemed even more exhausted in the third. I'm not sure how much they have in reserve either, as the physicality of the Caps may be taking its toll.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Washington finished 4 spots lower in league standings and 3rd in the east. Underdogs? If that means 10 year old chokers then sure. Caps were up 2-0 this series and carried the play for the most part, if they lose they choked away the closest they've ever been in the Ovechkin era.

Uh oh, the previous post touch a nerve or something? You clearly have a firm grasp of what underdog means though. I now see why they called you Webster in high school

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut

No, if they lose it means thy got beat.

This need to classify a playoff series loss as “choking” is astonishing, really. Sports are unpredictable and sometimes the best team doesn’t win.

In this case, the season certainly doesn’t support that the Caps are the better team, yet they are right there in a game 7.

Lets save the choke talk for sometime when it is actually applicable.

Last edited:

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
You misunderstand. The Caps weren't able to kill off Tampa powerplays.

Plus it's not like the Caps have done much when they've had the man advantage this series, either.
The Caps have only had one pp the last 2 games and scored on it.

Reactions: Drakon

Herregud

Feb 7, 2010
Washington, DC
I like the choke narrative. Must be fun not being able to give credit to the players playing well on the team you root for. Your goalie has been absolutely amazing.

Reactions: Drakon

Tweedsuitcase

Sep 28, 2009
Despite the Caps having played better in the most recent game, it's still a toss up. will depend on which players show up, for how long, and I'm guessing a little luck. Plus 88 could steal the game no matter what everyone else does.
Hoping for a Caps win, and expecting a great, nerve-wracking game 7

BoltsFanPinellasPark

Apr 18, 2018
Tomorrow in Tampa, some big military event going on and a tropical disturbance. Can't help to think there is some weird clash about to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->