GDT: ECF #1 - 05/16/15 | Tampa Bay Lightning @ New York Rangers | 1:00 - NBC, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
Understood with how many days they've had off, and the loss of Boyle juggles the lines a bit.

There are Lightning fans that can make excuses for their team and discredit the Rangers. I don't know why you're doing it. We juggled our lines for this game too and are missing Zucc.

Nanaki

Mar 29, 2008
Danbury, CT
Only 3 days off, right?

I think you are right that they need B Boyle. They look flustered out there.

Boyle isn't anything special and won't make or break things. I have an idea of what they can do that would probably work but I'm sure as hell not going to type it here. All I need is for someone to read it and we lose :laugh:

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Surprised how much tb defense has turned over the puck so far. Far more then the pens and caps. Also our forecheck has been better so I'm sure that's helped

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
This really isn't much different than how they normally play in their own end.

They've been very mistake prone all season.

They're also a very young and playoff inexperienced team.

Need to take advantage and just win these home games. It won't be easy, they have enough firepower to change the course of a game in an instant.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
I'm nervous for the third. I hope we keep the pedal on the gas, at least for the first half. This is NOT a team to sit on a one goal lead against.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Some times with the Rangers, I saw an obvious change in strategy in the 3rd when leading.
For example seeing 2 men in on the forecheck change to 1 man in. That signals to me an obvious strategy change. More often I see less intensity. Does AV tell them to continue but "don't go as hard" or something like that?
I just think it can be the players too, not necessarily AV's command. I am not there, so do not know.

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
ShockedDetailedIndianrhinoceros.gif

Kreider sneaky. :laugh:

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Just watched the replay of the goal, Fast was just standing in the slot, wasn't even moving, and both Tampa d-men zeroed in on him. That's just terrible defense. More Sustr and Carle pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad