Value of: Eberle

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

If a team trade a player to a divisional rival typically that team requires some kind of premium over what they'd asked from someone they don't face a lot.

So I think Seattle would ask more from Vancouver than they would from New York. Same for Calgary - Edmonton (Tanev rumors) or Seattle - Edmonton, etc.

Crazy Cizikas

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2017
A good place
If a team trade a player to a divisional rival typically that team requires some kind of premium over what they'd asked from someone they don't face a lot.

So I think Seattle would ask more from Vancouver than they would from New York. Same for Calgary - Edmonton (Tanev rumors) or Seattle - Edmonton, etc.
I don’t follow the logic. Wouldn’t it also work the other way? I’d Seattle wanted to trade Eberle to a division rival, wouldn’t the division rival also ask for more from Seattle because Seattle is a division rival?

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
I don’t follow the logic. Wouldn’t it also work the other way? I’d Seattle wanted to trade Eberle to a division rival, wouldn’t the division rival also ask for more from Seattle because Seattle is a division rival?

It depends on who is trying to instigate the trade. If a team wants Eberle, they pay more. If Seattle wants to get rid of Ebs for another guy, then it flip.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don't know if that logic falls the same for rentals. The big part of the "division tax" is that teams don't want to trade their players to division rivals if they can trade them to a team in the other conference instead. It makes sense if it is with superstar players or even players who are signed long term, but with rentals? I don't think there is a huge "division" tax, teams just pick the best deal in front of them.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Notable interdivisional deadline deals since 2020:

Lindholm (Calgary - Vancouver)
Zadorov (Calgary - Vancouver)
Niederreiter (Nashville - Winnipeg)
Braun (Philadelphia - New York Rangers)
Domi (Columbus - Carolina)
Jarnkrok (Seattle - Calgary)
Fleury (Chicago - Minnesota)
Paul (Ottawa - Tampa)
Chiarot (Montreal - Florida)
Palmieri (New Jersey - New York Islanders)
Hall (Buffalo - Boston)
Vatanen (New Jersey - Carolina)
Martinez (L.A. - Vegas)
Skjei (New York Rangers - Carolina)
Toffoli (L.A. - Vancouver)
Greene (New Jersey - New York Islanders)

EDIT: Ron Francis has sold within the division before: Jarnkrok (Seattle - Calgary), Hainsey (Carolina - Pittsburgh), E. Staal (Carolina - New York Rangers).

Last edited:

Johnsie19

Jun 29, 2010

I don't think that applies to expiring contracts of ageing players. Especially if the Kraken aren't gonna be competing for the playoffs.

StuckOutHere

Feb 10, 2010
Notable interdivisional deadline deals since 2020:

Lindholm (Calgary - Vancouver)
Zadorov (Calgary - Vancouver)
Niederreiter (Nashville - Winnipeg)
Braun (Philadelphia - New York Rangers)
Domi (Columbus - Carolina)
Jarnkrok (Seattle - Calgary)
Fleury (Chicago - Minnesota)
Paul (Ottawa - Tampa)
Chiarot (Montreal - Florida)
Palmieri (New Jersey - New York Islanders)
Hall (Buffalo - Boston)
Vatanen (New Jersey - Carolina)
Martinez (L.A. - Vegas)
Skjei (New York Rangers - Carolina)
Toffoli (L.A. - Vancouver)
Greene (New Jersey - New York Islanders)

EDIT: Ron Francis has sold within the division before: Jarnkrok (Seattle - Calgary), Hainsey (Carolina - Pittsburgh), E. Staal (Carolina - New York Rangers).
Honestly, my favourite GMs don't trade with other GMs myth is the one where GMs who offersheet won't trade with that GM ever again.

gach

Aug 2, 2018
Logic doesn't always come into play on a message board trade wish. If you want to ask for logic on this trade shouldn't the question be why would Seattle make this trade when fighting for a playoff position

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
As a Kraken fan, I would make both Eberle and Gourde available with the expectation that Gourde will attract a much, much stronger package.

I don't know Kilmovich at all, but a 2nd and a good prospect should fetch Eberle.

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
What positional prospects would SEA need for Eberle?
Wondering if FLA bites with retention [FLA adds a depth pick or two for said retention]
In an ideal world, lw or rd would be nice, but really the Kraken need to add skilled prospects everywhere.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad