Eberle vs RNH. Who has impressed most so far?

Discussion in 'Edmonton Oilers' started by Mcnotloilersfan, Oct 27, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan I'm here, I'm bored

Maybe some will disagree, but a couple of the very few bright spots on the start of this season have been the play of Eberle and RNH.

IMO Eberle is showing us again why we called him our best player two years ago. He has his speed back, and is making dangerous plays everytime he attacks the zone. Like one Eastern Conference GM pointed out before, he is one of the few young guns making a real effort at playing a 200ft game.

RNH has already scored more goals than he did last year and is playing at a PPG pace. Still needs to add some size, but some of his assists this year have been things of beauty. I'm excited because you can tell he clearly has room to improve his game.

So simply put, who has impressed you most so far?

2. Bryanbryoil

Bryanbryoil English is Overrated, I Score Goals

Both have really come around of late but I'll go with RNH.

3. McTedi

McTedi Registered User

Ditto, RNH is looking like a top center of late. His +/- is reflective of the teams poor performances.

4. All Might

All Might Registered User

Software Engineer
    RNH, he does a lot more for the team and controls play. Eberle has a nice unsustainable scoring streak, but I don't think he's been better than RNH this year.

5. jukon

jukon NHL Point Leader

Yeah he's on the ice a lot.

6. Mcnotloilersfan

Mcnotloilersfan I'm here, I'm bored

With no disrespect to RNH I think Eberle has been playing close to his level. They've both been very dangerous on the ice.

7. 6 God

6 God Registered User

Eberle.

He's looking like his old self, just needs to start ripping them from the half wall on the powerplay again.

8. Meanashell11

Meanashell11 Registered User

Finance
    Home Page:
    Coming back from shoulder surgery with no training camp and difficult to work out over the summer and plays like this? RNH has been fantastic. His pass to Shultz the last game for the goal was so sweet even Arco could have put that in the back of the net!

Ebs has been great as well but RNH has been lights out.

9. Ganz

Ganz Dibs

RNH

His ability to control the play is incredible and can't say that about the majority of the team. His shot is much harder than we have ever seen it and has the ability to score with a clean shot. Defensively he can strip the puck better than anyone and uses proper body position to out muscle opponents. Lastly, his vision/IQ is what separates him from the rest of our team, outstanding.

To top it off, he is 20 years old - ridiculous

10. Mr Forever

Mr Forever The Oilers :(

Both players have taken a huge step this year, just like Hall did last year. Hopefully they can continue on the upswing and not regress heading into next season.

11. Bryanbryoil

I'm just happy that both are producing again since last season was tough for both of them to varying degrees.

12. Both have been impressive. Eberle looking dangerous offensively, sometimes I think he holds on to the puck a bit too long or dekes when he should shoot, but what do I know.

When RNH is on the ice, he controls the play. He is very good at using his body and stick to strip opponents from the puck. Quick shot, and of course, elite vision.

13. Stoneman89

Stoneman89 Registered User

They're both healthy, as opposed to last year, when RNH had one good shoulder, and Eberle had one good hand. Makes a big difference in performance I would think. Both are starting to play much better. Too bad neither can stop a puck as well.;)

14. CantHaveTkachev

CantHaveTkachev call on me

Eberle has looked great, but I expect him to be great

RNH has surprised how quick he's adapted to game speed after missing all exhibition games

15. I am Lorde

I am Lorde Registered User

Lol. Unsustainable

16. Replacement*

Replacement* Checked out

17. sepHF

sepHF Patreeky

I think RNH has done pretty damn well. It's a shame his +/- is what it is because to outsiders it probably looks like he's struggling big time.

I think he's done really well though, encouraging to see him return to form so quick after surgery... nice to see him shooting the puck again too.

18. Replacement*

Replacement* Checked out

If Eberle is considered great it signifies how long its been since the Oilers have had an actual great player.

19. Jamin

Jamin Registered User

I just imagine RNH in a few years playing at 190 instead of like the 175 he is now. He is going to be the best out of the kids imo

20. Bryanbryoil

Agreed, Nail already is built like a man and Hall while a beast when healthy and at the top of his game, RNH IMO will be the best of the bunch.

21. Spawn

Spawn Playoff bound

I haven't been particularly impressed by RNH. His offensive game is good, but his defensive game has been a joke. Way to soft on the puck and too many giveaways. Last year his offense sucked but he was a defensive demon. This year it seems the opposite. I'd hope for both, not just one or the other.

Eberle has been just okay.

These 2 are supposed to be 2 of our 3 best players. We're 12 games into the year and the team has 3 wins. RNH and Eberle playing 1/3rd of the game need to be making a larger impact at both ends of the ice. They haven't been good enough.

22. Trafalgar McLaw

Trafalgar McLaw Waive Peter Chiarelli

Eberle has been our second best player by far this season, but RNH does things even many superstars couldn't dream of.

23. Tarus

Tarus Registered User

Would be my choice as well.

They are doing ok offensively, but they are one way players. RNH has more try in his defensive game, but effort level doesn't make him any less ineffective when players shrug him off like he's a gnat.

24. The Nuge

The Nuge RIP Fugu

It really is a huge difference.

I've gotta give the edge to RNH because his defensive play is on another level

25. Replacement*

Replacement* Checked out

Its uncanny how much we agree on. You're going to be a curmudgeon before your time at this rate.;)

I blame it on the Oilers and manage to get away with it once in awhile.:p:

Heres a question to the thread. If either of these players have played great in which games have they been responsible for a W? Great players lead their clubs to victory. Eberle also has sufficient NHL experience and age to have greater expectation.

Even in Calgary the few good players they have left seem to manage to force that sorry club through to results. These two have much more of a lineup to work and far worse results.

Its OK to point fingers, Great players are supposed to be leading their clubs. Trouble on this club is we have a handful that are supposed to be and its easier for them to look over their shoulders for somebody else to get it done.

The most concerning thing with Eberle is goal scoring has significantly regressed this year and last. At least RNH is producing at an improved clip.