EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
So, EBEL regular season is over. 1/4 final matchup are following

Vienna - Innsbruck
RBS - Dornbirn
KAC - Bolzano
Linz - Medvescak

My predictions are Vienna in 5, RBS in 6, KAC in 5, Linz in 4.

555Upstairs

Unregistered User
Aug 13, 2016
Linz, Austria
So, EBEL regular season is over. 1/4 final matchup are following

Vienna - Innsbruck
RBS - Dornbirn
KAC - Bolzano
Linz - Medvescak

My predictions are Vienna in 5, RBS in 6, KAC in 5, Linz in 4.
Have you guys really been so bad of late (genuinely interested as a Linz fan)? I mean, we're probably winning that series but a sweep would seem somewhat unrealistic to me.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Have you guys really been so bad of late (genuinely interested as a Linz fan)? I mean, we're probably winning that series but a sweep would seem somewhat unrealistic to me.

Nothing in our team can convience me that we can win single game against Linz. Even yesterday we probably wouldn't have won if not for Janny fluke goals. Plus, it is very questionable if our board wants to win it, because win means paying bonuses to the players, and words paying and Medvescak are antonyms.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Congrats on the good start. Was just about to say that Ranov adds some scoring depth, strong 3rd line. Hopefully Morley and Olden don't hit the wall but i don't see that happening anyway.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
You meant the 0-3 start today? :sarcasm: Seriously though, I think is going to be close series. Not as onesided to the Linz' favor but they are still favorites to win it.

Yeah :laugh:

Assumed this is going to be best 1/4 final series. Linz is traditionally strong recently and Medvescak can be really potent offense wise but can suck defensively on the other hand. Good match up.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Yeah :laugh:

Assumed this is going to be best 1/4 final series. Linz is traditionally strong recently and Medvescak can be really potent offense wise but can suck defensively on the other hand. Good match up.

And no more Kristan/Poulin/McIntyre to cover up for bad defensive plays.

It is hard when you have two backup goalies to play with.

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
And no more Kristan/Poulin/McIntyre to cover up for bad defensive plays.

It is hard when you have two backup goalies to play with.

I don't know about Kristan, he's had good Alps League regular season but he is moody as it gets. He's having hard time controlling his emotions sometimes but i am sure you already know that.

Kevin is having crappy season in Switzerland, he's not playing at all, besides those two games.

Interestingly McIntyre had bad stats in DEL, before he moved on to Slovakia. He was always excellent in Zagreb. That Taylor - McIntyre KHL duo was something.

odhaguy

Aug 6, 2007
I don't know about Kristan, he's had good Alps League regular season but he is moody as it gets. He's having hard time controlling his emotions sometimes but i am sure you already know that.

Kevin is having crappy season in Switzerland, he's not playing at all, besides those two games.

Interestingly McIntyre had bad stats in DEL, before he moved on to Slovakia. He was always excellent in Zagreb. That Taylor - McIntyre KHL duo was something.
Kristan's season ended with knee injury. He played game one of quarter-final vs. Jesenice.

odhaguy

Aug 6, 2007
Vienna sure seems to have Innsbruck's number - nine playoff wins in a row over the last two years.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Vienna sure seems to have Innsbruck's number - nine playoff wins in a row over the last two years.
To be honest they lost what, 1 or 2 PO games last year. You could say they have every team's number. Anything they could meet in the first round is nothing but a cannon fodder.

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia

He's talking about Kristan in Medvescak's jersey. From the first time, when Medvescak played EBEL.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
The hell has happened there in game 5, power outage? Broken glass? I can't really remember the time the game had to be ended due to "arena issue" in a reputable league.

ZT

Jun 19, 2015
Croatia
The hell has happened there in game 5, power outage? Broken glass? I can't really remember the time the game had to be ended due to "arena issue" in a reputable league.

Ice problems. The game has continued. End of 2nd period now.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I hope Medvescak won't play in EBEL anymore and will return to amateur status to Slohokej liga. It is better than re-selling ton of players after and before every season. I am sick and tired of this policy. And judging by how attendance dropped I am not the only one who feels that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Bolzano are a huge surprise in the making, the team which was dead last in the league few months ago are about to put Vienna (albeit Holzapfel-less) on the brink of elimination.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
People, people, snow will fall in Sahara....

Medveščak re-signed their best player Sondre Olden (although Morley had more points, general opinion is that Olden is better all-rounder) for next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->