EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Who cares about friendlies, from an outsiders perspective, this roster does indeed look fine.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Your "fine" roster lost against Villach (last season 10th in EBEL) 3:0.

I watched this match and result doesn't reflect the real state on the ice.

If MedveÅ¡čak players get paid on time and team remains together (at least the core, not like it was in KHL), I see them making the playoffs, but that's about that.
Anyway, I'd be satisfied with it if I was MedveÅ¡čak fan, from what I can recall, expectations where much lower on the beginning of the season.

Glad to see KroÅ¡elj having a starting job, SimÅ¡ič working his way in professional hockey but also happy because homegrown guys are getting their chance. I always said they can play in EBEL, they make mistakes, but they are young, they will learn. :)

Babula

May 31, 2012
question for the season, who is able to break the tandem Salz,Vienna ?

anyway, thumbs up for Dornbirn... and 99'ers also good job.

Znojmo fans talking about terrible refs... but i dont count this to surprising facts...he.

Last edited:

maxim84

Oct 19, 2013
Zagreb
It's the Crunchips logo so they have no choice.... Karlovačko beer on their pants is also ugly.... I hope away jersey looks better, haven't had a chance to see pics from the first game... I'm sure they'll add Spar on the lower back wich is currently empty...
Maybe it would be nicer if the color was a little brighter, like the time when they had special Arena ice fever light blue jersey

Babula

May 31, 2012
Forget Salzburg, I think just like last year Vienna is out of anyone's reach. They had such a dominant team and basically kept all of it.

fair enough.

Orli - Capitals in Czech public TV'station (Sport 5) at 6th of October. :handclap:

Last edited:

Fragmuffin

Aug 20, 2013
Zagreb
What do you guys think about Medvescak jerseys? i think they are hideous. That red shoulders on the dark blue jersey is one of the worst things I ever saw.

I don't mind the red shoulders or the karlovacko sticker on the pants.

But the white "Mini skirt" monstrosity that followed us from the KHL era along with the extremely dull dark shade of blue is unbearable.
The jerseys deteriorate from year to year imo.

Good news today tho. MacIntyre joins the team untill end Oct. Honestly we should just use one of our 3 available substitutions and dump Kroselj altogether. I liked Drew's performance in his short stint with us. When I saw he was a FA late into the off season I got my hopes up that he might end up with us for lower value.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
That s unfortunate. I wonder how they didnt find a better golie depth. With Krošelj injury we are in serious trouble.

:facepalm:

Since Kroselj went down we have three wins in a row, with both Rosandic and Drew having over 93 !!!! (look at Kroselj's %) save %.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
:facepalm:

Since Kroselj went down we have three wins in a row, with both Rosandic and Drew having over 93 !!!! (look at Kroselj's %) save %.

I have no problem with Drew, I was reffering that we are in trouble without him. And if you think that we can depend on Rosandic for a longer period of time, I think you are gonna get dissapointed. I like Rosandic but he is still very young and looks shaky on net. Krošelj is clearly a better golie, you cant compare stats on a such a small sample.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I have no problem with Drew, I was reffering that we are in trouble without him. And if you think that we can depend on Rosandic for a longer period of time, I think you are gonna get dissapointed. I like Rosandic but he is still very young and looks shaky on net. Krošelj is clearly a better golie, you cant compare stats on a such a small sample.

Small sample or not Rosandic, unlike Kroselj, so far didn't let in single goal which could be marked as "his". Kroselj will be out till the end of the October, that is 14-15 games, so even if we lose half of it with Rosandic in the net who cares, majority of points are erased after first round and we are good enough to enter playoffs from bottom six. That is short term damage (finishing in bottom 6 after 44 rounds) for long term good (developing croatian youngster into EBEL good enough gk), but that is unfamiliar territory when it comes to Medvescak.

Mr Zappalanche

Oct 7, 2015
Zagreb, Croatia
Small sample or not Rosandic, unlike Kroselj, so far didn't let in single goal which could be marked as "his". Kroselj will be out till the end of the October, that is 14-15 games, so even if we lose half of it with Rosandic in the net who cares, majority of points are erased after first round and we are good enough to enter playoffs from bottom six. That is short term damage (finishing in bottom 6 after 44 rounds) for long term good (developing croatian youngster into EBEL good enough gk), but that is unfamiliar territory when it comes to Medvescak.

I remember goal on Rosandic vs Graz that went above him which should be marked as his but thats not important. I really like that they are developing domestic players and all, but I think you are unfair when you blame Medvescak for not developing players in the past. It s not that Medvescak is a club who hates home grown players, it s just a lack of talent to develop. In fact they know how important the croats are for marketing, but you need to win some games too.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I remember goal on Rosandic vs Graz that went above him which should be marked as his but thats not important. I really like that they are developing domestic players and all, but I think you are unfair when you blame Medvescak for not developing players in the past. It s not that Medvescak is a club who hates home grown players, it s just a lack of talent to develop. In fact they know how important the croats are for marketing, but you need to win some games too.

Look again that goal and you will see that something like that happens once in 1000 times.

I don't like how they developing domestic players, and nobody with common sense should be. "Lack of talent" is not theme of this conversation. We are talking about few players who are good/talented enough or have enough potential to be solid/regular EBEL players, but with current treatment they will never become that.

Jarcov and Jankovic usually get benched after they are on the ice for goal against, despite it's not directly their fault. Nice confidence build...Smolec, Kegalj are not even in the roster.

Rosandić got lucky because Kroselj is injured, played two very good games and club immediately signed Drew. Ok, nothing against Drew, but Rosandic should have started game against Znojmo because he, as backup goalie, posted numbers which, in every other club, should guarantee you to start next game.

You remember how they treated Trstenjak ? Our second most talented forward after Rendulić, they didn't give him ice even when Medvescak led with four or five goals.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015

Just imagine that homegrown players get the credit Privitera does get...

Reactions: pukovnik

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad