EBEL/ICE Hockey League General Discussion (3 clubs added for 2021-22)

Milos Krasic

Best Serbian Footballer (2009) / Serie A Winner
Jul 1, 2008
We had an Orli Znojmo thread, so I figured let's cover the whole league.

Seems like a lot of decent names are leaving, but maybe that means a bigger role for domestic players.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Seems like a lot of decent names are leaving, but maybe that means a bigger role for domestic players.

Hmm, who do you have in mind? Because ofcourse EBEL has always been a journeyman's league but I'd say for the most part this summer went pretty quiet, the only foreigners that left because they have outgrown the league are Kozek, Yellow Horn and Lawson.

I think domestic player transfers were actually the biggest ones with Komarek and Heinrich going to SHL which is a huge step for EBEL guys and Iberer going to Poland of all places. Iberer going to Poland might be one of the weirdest moves of all time for me. So many question, so little answers about that one.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
We had an Orli Znojmo thread, so I figured let's cover the whole league.

Actually there were a lot of massive transfers over the summer so the role of domestic players looks like it may decrease. Here are a few of the big players who joined and by team.

EC Salzburg: Bernhard Starkbaum (Brynas), Matheiu Roy (Hamburg), Mark Flood (Lada Togliatti), Bobby Raymond (Iserholn) Brett Olson (Portland Pirates), Raphael Herburger (Biel), Bill Thomas (MODO), Thomas Raffl (Manitoba). Last year's league scoring leader John Hughes is now 2nd line.
EC VSV: Corey Locke (Visp), Evan McGrath (Davos)
Vienna Capitals: Aaron Brocklehurst (Hamburg), Colin Bowman (Colorado/Rochester), Riley Holzapfel (Karlskrona), Kelsey Tessier (Rogle/Bjorkloven)
HC Bolzano: Travis Oleksuk (Hartford)
EC KAC: Mark Hurtubise (Krefeld)
Graz: Atte Pentikainen (Karpat)

Corey Locke was a transfer that made big waves for Villach and Riley Holzapfel was a stunner considering he had multiple DEL offers. That one team that is going to with the Championship of course made the most waves with each transfer. They're stronger than ever this year, I think they could make it to the second or third round of the CHL tournament.

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
For players leaving, I was thinking of JF Jacques and Ben Walter. Though you guys are right about the new influx. Also, Walter seems to have statistically really dropped, hence the move to Asia. Just wondering if it was 1 down year or an apparent decline with age.

Babula

May 31, 2012
I like this thread.

Colton Yellow Horn has an issue with scoring for HC Pilsen. Member of a fourth line, right now. Is Czech league a good option for him ?

Milos Krasic

Jul 1, 2008
EBEL started today.

Vienna beat Linz 4-3 in overtime

Riley Holzapfel was 2+1 for Vienna

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Austrian teams went 3-0 today. Olimpija gives a good glimpse of why Slovenia will be irrelevant in a few years. 6-1 to VSV only goal was a single scored by an import. 5-6 years from now Kopitar, Jeglic, Mursak, Sabolic, Ticar, Pance, Urbas, Rodman, Kovacevic and more be over the hill or gone and there's just no one to fill in. Against OLJ Christof Kromp (turned 19 a month ago) went 1+2, Mario Huber had an awful performance against a good HCB team but an assist in the go-ahead goal and HCI pulled the upset 8-7 (yikes). KAC won 5-0 and Steven Strong got an assist in that one. Salzburg beat Znojmo 5-2 but dumb game Znojmo was too good none of the jungs got points.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Well, frankly, Plzen just seems terrible team this year. They had 1 regulation win in 14 games, that's a hard place to succeed coming into a new league.

hansomreiste

Sep 23, 2015
Ankara
The game between HC Innsbruck and Vienna Capitals lasted for 103 minutes and almost exactly five fours. It started at 19:15 local time and was over at around 00:13. Innsbruck lost the game and now trails 2-0 in the series. Must hurt badly.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Nice run by Bolzano this year. But yeah, Vienna is just too good. Nicely done by Klagenfurt to kick Salzburg out.

HungryFrank

Jun 20, 2015
Olimpija won't play in EBEL next season. It didn't make any sense and since they we're run over by Jesenice in national championship, they belong in Alps Hockey League. Hopefuly one day Slovenian club will find money to join EBEL, maybe even both! :)

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Yeah it's kinda weird a legit Liiga 2nd line C is moving to EBEL for some reason. Tired of cold I guess.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad