Eating crow

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Like several others here I have to eat some Miller crow. I thought he would be bad if he even got back into a regular season game at all, and even if that happened, that he'd be out hurt by now. I also thought Chara was going to look a lot worse on the Caps than he has so far.

And I was WAY wrong about Par Lindholm- I never would have believed he'd be leading the team in goals this season.

Reactions: nORRis8

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
I was very concerned about the defense but so far it has been stellar. Nick Ritchie's performance was/is unexpected.

Pass the ketchup, please
Pretty much what I had thought as well about the defense lol, I just kept my answer simple last night after a little Jameson haha.

Reactions: BMC

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
Like several others here I have to eat some Miller crow. I thought he would be bad if he even got back into a regular season game at all, and even if that happened, that he'd be out hurt by now. I also thought Chara was going to look a lot worse on the Caps than he has so far.

And I was WAY wrong about Par Lindholm- I never would have believed he'd be leading the team in goals this season.

I'm sensing some sarcasm here :D

Reactions: Dr Hook

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

I actually didn't mind Lindholm at all last year (part of it is the very low expectations), but I absolutely could not stand him in the one regular season game he appeared this year.

Team has been riding high on good, energetic play and I felt like Lindholm being in the lineup did nothing but stifle that when he was involved in a play. Anton Blidh doesn't look like an NHL player either based on skillset, but even he brings more in terms of "energy" to the table.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I actually didn't mind Lindholm at all last year (part of it is the very low expectations), but I absolutely could not stand him in the one regular season game he appeared this year.

Team has been riding high on good, energetic play and I felt like Lindholm being in the lineup did nothing but stifle that when he was involved in a play. Anton Blidh doesn't look like an NHL player either based on skillset, but even he brings more in terms of "energy" to the table.

See, I thought the exact opposite...Lindholm played with speed, created turnovers, and played pk...and for a player not playing in long time played decent. He 's perfect for what he brings and doesn't hurt the team with dummy plays.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
See, I thought the exact opposite...Lindholm played with speed, created turnovers, and played pk...and for a player not playing in long time played decent. He 's perfect for what he brings and doesn't hurt the team with dummy plays.

Always interesting to me how two fans can take very different impressions of a player from one game.

Im guessing we’d end up more on the same page if and when he gets some more games under his belt.

Reactions: Blowfish

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Fist thanks for this thread Over the volcano, great idea.

I ate my crow early and was happy to do so on Miller and Ritchie. I was down on the Miller signing as it was money they could have used elsewhere and with him not playing for so long and those knees.

Ritchie - I was more down on his approach to conditioning and happily he changed that for the better. Glad too as we really needed to be a more physical a team.

I never feared the young dee or forwards they put faith in or letting Krug/Chara go. The PP/PK teams never suffered.

Reactions: LSCII

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Sure, I get that, but again, I highly doubt the team goes out and spends up to the cap next year, which is only when it would be an issue. Besides, Clifton, Lauzon, and Zboril make under three mill combined. So they're not laying out a lot of money for their defense, and if they wanted to save cap space and money, they could probably deal Moore, who makes as much as the guys I mentioned above. The point being, the 2 Mill for Miller even if he makes all of it, isn't the problem. It's the 2.75 they've wasted on Moore to sit as an insurance policy. He's also signed for another season after this. So jettisoning him by the deadline should be the priority if I'm Sweeney.
Moore is signed for another season after this... and then another season.

:laugh: That contract sucks!

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Is this the right spot?

I have nothing to eat crow about as far as the Bruins go but I sure need to eat it over Tom Brady. However, as I told my wife hours ago before she went to bed, you can never count that guy out of anything nor matter the score, I just didn’t think he would clown the “The Chefs” like he did.

Tom Brady is a god!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Is this the right spot?

I have nothing to eat crow about as far as the Bruins go but I sure need to eat it over Tom Brady. However, as I told my wife hours ago before she went to bed, you can never count that guy out of anything nor matter the score, I just didn’t think he would clown the “The Chefs” like he did.

Tom Brady is a god!
Lol yup. Was talking to my old man earlier and I said the Chiefs were gonna win and he was like na dude its Tom Brady and a big game, not picking against him

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Lol yup. Was talking to my old man earlier and I said the Chiefs were gonna win and he was like na dude its Tom Brady and a big game, not picking against him
You would think a clown like myself that has watched every game or listened to on the radio every Pats game going all the way back to the 70s would have thought better.

*disclaimer* I did state to me wife...I don’t know how anyone bets against Brady. I just didn’t think this was the game he would win, f*** me!

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
You would think a clown like myself that has watched every game or listened to on the radio every Pats game going all the way back to the 70s would have thought better.

*disclaimer* I did tell state to me wife...I don’t know how anyone bets against Brady. I just didn’t think this was the game he would win, f*** me!
Back to the 70s? Lol holy crap nice haha

Barnum

Aug 28, 2014
‘Murica Ex-Pat - UK
Back to the 70s? Lol holy crap nice haha
Yeah, no that’s no shit. Even when I was out to sea as a merchant sailor and now currently living over in England. I have missed very few Patriot games along with Bruin games. Of course when I have the time off, it’s easy to watch every game but when on the ocean, I would tune into AM radio waves until satellite radio took over and it became easy.

There’s only three sports worthy, hockey, lacrosse and Am football...the rest are bullshit.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Yeah, no that’s no shit. Even when I was out to sea as a merchant sailor and now currently living over in England. I have missed very few Patriot games along with Bruin games. Of course when I have the time off, it’s easy to watch every game but when on the ocean, I would tune into AM radio waves until satellite radio took over and it became easy.

There’s only three sports worthy, hockey, lacrosse and Am football...the rest are bullshit.
Super like, respect lol

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
I think he's been $2m good. He's playing some hard minutes, 3rd on the team in PK TOI, 3rd on the team in defensive zone starts. He's playing more than a 3rd pair D (18:35 overall), and I'd say he's been better than your average 3rd pair D.

I also think he's been a critical component to Zboril's development. Having a calm, competent, experienced partner who is constantly pushing you to be ready, be professional, be competitive... has mattered.

The leadership component, on a defense so young, adds value. I think he'd be earning his money, even if he were making $2.5m.

He's been 2M good no doubt but there have been a lot of under paid players this season, he was a prime candidate for that. Any other season it's a steal, this season it's overpay and then some. The season is still young , let's let it play out before we bring in the final verdict.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Moore is signed for another season after this... and then another season.

:laugh: That contract sucks!

That is something I'll take my crow for. When Moore was signed a lot of posters weren't happy and I assured them that they would be in the long run.................................they and I are still waiting. The more time passes the less sense it makes.

The other one is Bjork, I had no room for Bjork on my roster when the season started and I was even less enthusiastic about him playing 4th line. I just didn't see it but low and behold, he's been the best player on that 4th line. Keep him there, that's all I ask.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
You must have missed the last few

He was in good in the last Philly game. He had a rough go the game prior to that but was excellent in the big win against the Caps. By my count, he's had two rough games against nine good to really good games.

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
I was a-ok with letting Chara and Krug go but really expected some serious troubles on the back end with virtually 3 rookies as mainstays, to the extent I was worried we would be a bubble team... so far it has been extremely good, couldn't be more surprised and happy.

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
At this point I am certainly eating crow on The Miller signing . I really felt signing Miller was a waste of cap space. Hope I get to re-post this after the season is over.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
At this point I am certainly eating crow on The Miller signing . I really felt signing Miller was a waste of cap space. Hope I get to re-post this after the season is over.
hardly alone there although I don`t think I was super upset about it, more of a real concern about his ability to stay healthy which is what I think most here likely were worried about

I have to eat crow on Coyle, I said he was a good player:) Still like him but man something is wrong with him this year, it might be the rotation of wingers but his defensive play isn`t nearly as focused this year either

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Too early for this thread but they look very good so far. I have been happy with the compete level, the grittiness shown and the D overall. My biggest questions were the D and if they were tough enough, so far it looks like I was off on both of those.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
That is something I'll take my crow for. When Moore was signed a lot of posters weren't happy and I assured them that they would be in the long run.................................they and I are still waiting. The more time passes the less sense it makes.

The other one is Bjork, I had no room for Bjork on my roster when the season started and I was even less enthusiastic about him playing 4th line. I just didn't see it but low and behold, he's been the best player on that 4th line. Keep him there, that's all I ask.
That John Moore contract has JFJ’s (Jeff) fingers all over it.

Reactions: JOKER 192

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA

I still think Bjork can be a solid 3rd line player. I may be in the minority, but I'd like to see him with Coyle for a full season.

Reactions: Estlin

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
IDK that I'd say it's eating crow, but I was quick to get on Ritchie, but after thinking about it it made no sense why. Not sure if it was something I read here or heard online, but one thing with Ritchie I didn't think about was his standard of play. By that I mean what the "acceptable standard" is for a team in ANH where they've struggled vs Boston where they are contenders is two different things. What is considered game speed w/ ANH is probably significantly different than BOS. When Ritchie came here last year he wasn't Boston game ready and it showed. The pandemic comes in and then he looks awful in the playoffs. Kind of unfair to hold it against him (which is where I was wrong).

I think he's looked a lot better this year, but I will still say I want to see more 5v5 production from him. He's started to trend in the right direction with Smith on the other wing, so I'm hoping it continues. If he can give you 13G/17A this year that would be a 20G/25A season over 82 games and I'd take that all day. Right now he's playing at a 30G/37A pace in 82 games which are crazy numbers, but would be a huge season for him and this team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad