Eat your heart out, Boris Valabik

Geese_Howard*

he picked the wrong sport to get into, the NBA still takes slow, lumbering big players.... not so much in the "new" NHL

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
That's 7 feet tall with his skates on. So what's that? 6'7", 6'8"? Pretty big either way.

MrAlfie

I'd guess more like 6'9". I didn't realize that he was 7 feet with skates on when I first read the blurb. Too bad, I was kind of looking forward to seeing someone bigger than Chara on the ice.

well, hes only 15.. so he should still be growing

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Is he Slovak? (Nikola Manojlovic sounds Slovak)

If so, what do they feed their children in Slovakia?
The article makes it sound and look like he's Canadian. That's where my million dollars would be.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Is he Slovak? (Nikola Manojlovic sounds Slovak)

If so, what do they feed their children in Slovakia?

Could be mistaken but I think I've read in the past that Eastern Europeans are on average taller than people of Western European descent.

vcx*

The year he becomes eligible, some team will draft him first round thinking he'll be the next Zdeno Chara (except forward) and he very well could be. He's 15 and weighs 230lbs and is nearing 7 (6'9") right now...damn.

What the hell were his parents feeding him, more importantly is he Zdeno's ******* child?

So Brian Boyle was the 6'7 guy that LA drafted (i think he's that tall or is he?) and when this kid is drafted, damn...i feel sorry for his knees and the guys that have to defend him. When he physically matures he'll go past 230 and into the 260+ zone that Chara is in right now. It says in that article that he plays a finesse game and that he can actually play the game and is a good skater. Impressive.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
The year he becomes eligible, some team will draft him first round thinking he'll be the next Zdeno Chara (except forward) and he very well could be. He's 15 and weighs 230lbs and is nearing 7 (6'9") right now...damn.

What the hell were his parents feeding him, more importantly is he Zdeno's ******* child?

So Brian Boyle was the 6'7 guy that LA drafted (i think he's that tall or is he?) and when this kid is drafted, damn...i feel sorry for his knees and the guys that have to defend him. When he physically matures he'll go past 230 and into the 260+ zone that Chara is in right now. It says in that article that he plays a finesse game and that he can actually play the game and is a good skater. Impressive.

He is playing AA. He won't be drafted.

jcoldwell

Aug 11, 2004
I hope someone has more scouting reports on this kid, it would be interesting to see where the scouts have him ranked come time for the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->