Easy Stanley Cup win for Tampa?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Tampa took out the team that swept them last year, and a tough Boston team. Yeah, yeah, yeah. "They were missing their starting goaltender." We're missing our captain so don't even play that game.

I don't view any of the teams we faced as an "easy coast". All of them were tough as hell in their own way. I have tremendous respect for this Islander team that beat Washington. Especially doing this without the traitor Tavares. BIG RESPECT. They are the team that I feared the most coming into these playoffs.

I think NYI will be the toughest challenge for us in these playoffs. And that's no disservice to the Golden Nuggets/Stars. They just play a similar game as we do.
Good call

Reactions: Alan Wake

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
S
I don't think it will be easy for TB, but TB is a team that can both score and defend. Dallas won't get away with giving up 3+ per night against us.

People get so blinded by TB's scoring that they forget our biggest strength is Victor Hedman, who can shut down anybody in the league. And beyond him we have defensemen up and down the line up who can play above their slot when called upon.
Sergachev is dynamite.

What a steal for Johnathon "LeFlamme" Drouin.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
like i've been saying, good run by the stars, but they aren't gonna make it past 5 games against us if we make it to the finals. i'd put good money on that. top to bottom we're just a better team, and thats without stamkos.
Where have I heard that before when it comes to Coopers Tbay teams. :sarcasm:

Reactions: miscs75

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
If it was considered easy a week ago, that can get thrown out the window now.
- The Islanders have climbed back into the series through tight defensive play. They finally look like the team we were warned about heading into the series.
- Dallas getting plenty of rest while the Lightning are playing extended OT games and there's a scheduled back-to-back next week.
- Point and Stamkos injuries.

Plenty of adversity to go around. Time to get to work and battle it out.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
- The Islanders have climbed back into the series through tight defensive play. They finally look like the team we were warned about heading into the series.
- Dallas getting plenty of rest while the Lightning are playing extended OT games and there's a scheduled back-to-back next week.

Exactly this. When you are worried about a team coming back and winning a series against you, easy gets thrown out the window. Especially without Point, it won't be easy to get out of this series alone. Even with him it won't be easy. Islanders are playing these games tight. All it takes is a goal or two to win a game. They can do that relatively easily.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas

Kucherov looks like he is one hard hit away from being out of the series.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Where did you see this? I thought the Finals dates still depend on which the ECF ends.

Lebrun tweeted it. It's contingent on the Lightning winning Game 6, but its clear the the NHL will do anything to avoid a Sunday game.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Kucherov looks like he is one hard hit away from being out of the series.

I doubt that. He accidentally speared himself in the groin, but aside from that, has looked more/less like himself.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Tampa will in the cup in 5 or 6 games.

You do realize Dallas just beat Colorado and Las Vegas? I was the first person to agree unanimously but watching TBL outplay the opposition decisively and barely win in overtime... Has shades of Las Vegas vs Dallas....

Reactions: Vegas07

Evgeny Oliker

Mar 12, 2003
Visit site
I don’t think winning the Cup is ever easy so this thread is kind of silly.

Tampa could use Stamkos back for the Final. That would make their quest easier, not easy.

Dallas is still a very good team. The problem they will have is that guys like Seguin are still underperforming. Also, while Khudobin has been great, he is yet to face shooters like Kucherov and Point, not to mention Hedman.

I think Tampa will win the Cup, but it won’t be easy.

Reactions: PaulD

Krewe

Mar 12, 2019
Gonna have a bunch of angry Avs fans in here with comments like that...
I don't think many avs fans would disagree that while MacK is likely the best player out of the two teams (avs and bolts), the lightning likely have the next best 3-4 players (Hedman, Kuch, Point all clearly better than Rants or Makar, and Stamkos is probably equal with them when healthy).

And as far as GOALSCORING goes, kucherov and stamkos are both better shooters than MacK (though his transition skills are better than both)

Hybbe

Oct 6, 2009
You do realize Dallas just beat Colorado and Las Vegas? I was the first person to agree unanimously but watching TBL outplay the opposition decisively and barely win in overtime... Has shades of Las Vegas vs Dallas....

I'd agree, but Tampa has several gamebreakers unlike Vegas. If they find their rhythm it would be like comparing apples to oranges. The "easy cup" thing is bs though, I expect a close series no matter what.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad