Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I agree it is realistic, but situation that happened to me is also not very realistic. To cut player budget by half when you are promoted and got nice TV money for SHL.

Totally agree, but anything outside of player contracts (min/max salaries per Nation/League) and club budgets are all I can control in the DB. I'm sure there is some model or game code that takes several factors like: fan support, city attractiveness, club rep, attendance average vs maximum available, maybe some staff attributes like Business Skill and Resources and possibly more to come up with the values for the club itself when it comes to ticket prices and making a profit.

Reactions: pukovnik

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Totally agree, but anything outside of player contracts (min/max salaries per Nation/League) and club budgets are all I can control in the DB. I'm sure there is some model or game code that takes several factors like: fan support, city attractiveness, club rep, attendance average vs maximum available, maybe some staff attributes like Business Skill and Resources and possibly more to come up with the values for the club itself when it comes to ticket prices and making a profit.

And funny thing regarding budget when I played with SC Bern. Board said "it seems budget is more adequate than you need" and yet they raise it for like half milion:laugh:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Thought I'd post this little nugget...for those who think the programmed CA and PA of a player are the be all, end all of their value:

Austin Wagner...young Kings player, in my NHX database he has a CA of 125 and PA of 140. Can play lower line NHL action to start, with upside of a third liner basically. He's got a Player Role of 15 defense and 15 offense and is an "All-Around Winger". He's versatile and he's very fast with good size but he's pretty much a north-south player. His consistency in the database is not preset, so it can vary. His determination and teamwork are always good.

In my latest sim, which is a test sim I am letting the CPU run (no interaction on my part), it is now the end of the 2024-25 season. Wagner is now 27 years-old and has been a bit of a journeyman throughout his career as you can see below. Gets a regular gig but nothing special, pretty decent third liner...signed a one-year deal as an UFA with Vegas the previous off-season for a modest $1.575 million.

da71b70dd9f752a5784420cbe5f2c0f1.png

During the 2024-25 season with Vegas, he somehow ends up on the top line pretty much all year as LW to Cody Glass (C) and Mark Stone (RW). And WOW...could you ever have predicted this? He parlays that one-year deal into star numbers and a new (tho still low) long-term contract:

dd7631e583bbf05377813d1a859cbe92.png

6682fe0d740fce5b33759fe0bdcf8a3d.png

4706edf9463fc9633f3c399cf0759008.png

His CA is maxed at 140 in the editor but his club reputation is now far higher than you would expect for such a CA because of his top notch performance this year. Keep in mind his star teammate, Mark Stone though getting older still has a 175 CA with great determination, consistency, teamwork and much higher offensive and defensive player roles...and Wagner totally out-performed him.

I just thought this was interesting - a guy basically programmed in the database to be only a third liner (at the best of conditions) became a first line star, defying his CA. This is not common but it certainly happens and it is one of the really cool things about EHM. Can he keep it up or will he sink back down to earth? I'm kind of excited to find out!

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
some drafts are better than others. Some posters said that there is no hot-shot talent coming out of the draft but I've posted screenshots claiming otherwise (without the Prospect Generator).

Explaining the draft is like beating a dead horse to me. :damnpc: Lots of players expect the draft to be a home-run every year when in reality it's not. Just like in EA's NHL, some drafts are strong, some are weak. I play and think of the game the way real life works out.

I dont expect the draft to be a homerun every year. I actually enjoy that there are busts. But not having a top 50 scorer in the past 7 drafts is kinda unrealistic. I just took over the Devils and I am trying to win a cup. I literally have 4 players under the age of 30 because they all suck ass compared to the old guys. I have Crosby, Giroux, Kane, Kopitar who are around 40 and they are still outplaying all the younger guys. Even guys like Hughes and Hischier. The game either produces bad or extremely one dimensional players (goalies are good for some reason) to an extend that is pretty unrealistic.

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
I posted this on TBL but worth posting here too:

A common issue frequently reported on these forums and elsewhere is that the game AI makes poor decisions. It might be something like:
  1. A really poor trade decision;
  2. Failure to renew the contract of a star player;
  3. Questionable roster management (particularly with regard to junior/college teams); or
  4. Strange budget decisions.
In order to diagnose and solve these issues (assuming they are issues and not completely subjective), Riz needs saved games showing the issue in question. If you can help, please do upload them over on the EHM Bugs Forum at SI Games. Details on how to upload saved games can be found here: FTP Details

The only way these AI issues can be resolved is if people upload example saved games. So please do upload a saved game if you come across something.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I dont expect the draft to be a homerun every year. I actually enjoy that there are busts. But not having a top 50 scorer in the past 7 drafts is kinda unrealistic. I just took over the Devils and I am trying to win a cup. I literally have 4 players under the age of 30 because they all suck ass compared to the old guys. I have Crosby, Giroux, Kane, Kopitar who are around 40 and they are still outplaying all the younger guys. Even guys like Hughes and Hischier. The game either produces bad or extremely one dimensional players (goalies are good for some reason) to an extend that is pretty unrealistic.

I just finished 2027-28 season in a test sim...no sign of old guys in the scoring charts.

7a05cb341b5f231c6c76ab47d6f40c51.png

Stamkos is the leading career scorer left in the league (Kane just retired and Crosby, Kopitar, etc are all retired). He was 38 the past season and he was very good but hardly leading his team or anything:

81026c721fc1ff737ed88b8f38cf36bc.png

PS - How about the super line the Oilers put together adding Nylander to McDrai...poor Leafs fans...lol.

I may actually post each club's scoring list for this past season as a fun little exercise so you can see how the database is handling projections...I'll be sure to put all the images in spoilers to avoid melting this thread down with pics. I feel like this point of the game ('27-28) is a nice benchmark as it is a mix of current layers who have aged and real prospects entering their primes.

Oh also...Austin Wagner came PLUMMETING back down to earth after his 84 point season...talk about a one hit wonder! Still - very cool that the game produces them from time to time!

6e7cc208bced329621b9fd990c8c9d1c.png

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Every save is different (and with so many different variables) - that's what it boils down to unfortunately. The reason why I stuck with using one database on my main save is because I'm fine with the game results have been and it's consistent with that. Some drafts are excellent, some are weak, some star players stick with their teams the whole career, while other great players bounce around. I cannot express my gratitude enough towards everyone making the DB's. It's fun and creative to see the community thrive now more than ever.

In a test save (using the TBL rosters - last year) Hughes out-performed Hischier 15 years down the line. The goalie thing has been addressed here - many posters complaining that Goalies are not developed correctly / or produced with quality.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Every save is different (and with so many different variables) - that's what it boils down to unfortunately. The reason why I stuck with using one database on my main save is because I'm fine with the game results have been and it's consistent with that. Some drafts are excellent, some are weak, some star players stick with their teams the whole career, while other great players bounce around. I cannot express my gratitude enough towards everyone making the DB's. It's fun and creative to see the community thrive now more than ever.

In a test save (using the TBL rosters - last year) Hughes out-performed Hischier 15 years down the line. The goalie thing has been addressed here - many posters complaining that Goalies are not developed correctly / or produced with quality.

Oh for sure, they put so much effort into it and are doing an amazing job with it. I am definetly thankful for all the time they put into the game and for trying to make it more enjoyable for everyone.
Sorry if I gave you guys the impression that I am not and if it came across a bit to harsh.
Was just wondering since I never had bad drafts like this. However once all the older players retire, which will be soon, a lot will change again anyway

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v4.7 Uploaded

**KNOWN ISSUES**:

*** Potential Crash Situations ***: Late January and late June. If this happens please take screen shots of the crash and your selected leagues. Please also upload and share your save game with us here: xECK29x Premier Pivot & TBL Rosters - Crashes on specific dates in game - EHM The Blue Line
- HockeyEttan issues: We are going to keep this as a playable league structure but we HIGHLY recommend not using it if possible. There are a lot of known issues with it and it's going to require extensive time to fix.
- Pooling of prospects on Maine High School hockey clubs, who end up staying there until turning pro. This appears to be a game bug, really weird issue.
- US NTDP clubs signing Canadian players, this appears to be due to game logic considering Canada as a "domestic" nation for United States leagues. This appears to be a game limitation, still investigating.

General Updates:
- Updated some notable prospects for the 2020 and 2021 NHL Entry Drafts
- Belarus Extraliga & Extraliga B removed from human playability due to crashing. This was identified to be the possible cause of the crash in late January, removing while we work on a fix -- thanks Hockeyiow86 for the tip!!
- Prospect generator updated to v7.2 -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
-- Changelist v6.2 to v 7.0: - Complete re-work of player height distribution - Complete re-work of acceleration, pace, balance and strength generation for prospects, now based solely on player height and role type. - More CA/PA generation changes for balancing - Changed nationality generation so that any top 9 or above NHL player can only generate from one of the top 16 world nations
-- Changelist v7.0 to v7.1: - Further balancing of CA/PA generation - Added in one low CA higher PA per year per position (LD, RD, LW, C, RW) prospect to improve picking outside the 1st round.
- Removed GM/Head Coach roles from staff on several human playable leagues due to a game bug causing crashes

NHL/AHL/ECHL Updates:

- Updated the NHL salary cap penalties to end on the correct year -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Organizational refreshes (players, prospects, staff and other details)
-- Colorado Avalanche/Colorado Eagles/Utah Grizzles
-- Columbus Blue Jackets/Cleveland Monsters
-- Dallas Stars/Texas Stars/Idaho Steelheads
-- Detroit Red Wings/Grand Rapids Griffins/Toledo Walleye
-- Edmonton Oilers/Bakersfield Condors/Wichita Thunder
-- New York Islanders/Bridgeport Sound Tigers/Worcester Railers
-- New York Rangers/Hartford Wolfpack/Maine Mariners
-- Ottawa Senators/Belleville Senators/Brampton Beast
-- Philadelphia Flyers/LeHigh Valley Phantoms/Reading Royals
-- Pittsburgh Penguins/Wilkes-Barre Scranton Penguins/Wheeling Nailers

Croatian Updates:
- Updated all players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Czech Updates:
- Updated players/staff in Czech DHL Juniorská liga akademií -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated relegation for Tipsport and Chance Liga -- thanks Hydra854 and Matee!!

Finnish Updates:
- Updated SM-Liiga player career histories -- thanks getzlaf15!!

French Updates:
- Updated all French players/staff -- thanks Matee!!
- Updated Synerglace Ligue Magnus schedule

German Updates -- huge thanks to new researcher schmoo83!!
- Updated trophy names, match rules, comp rules, transfer rules, referees, and awards for DEL
- Updated DEL structure and schedule

Norwegian Updates:
- Updated all Norwegian players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Polish Updates:
- Updated all Polish players/staff -- thanks Matee!!

Russian Updates:
- Updated KHL player career histories -- thanks getzlaf15!!
- Updated some KHL salaries

Serbian Updates:

Slovenian Updates:

- Added new U19 division and clubs

Swedish Updates:
- Updated SHL player career histories -- thanks getzlaf15!!

Last edited:

Hire Sather

He Is Our Star
Oct 4, 2002
Connecticut
Great work on this database, but does it not work with the saved game editor?

My edits to contracts don't seem to work, nor can I remove a player from a team.

Last edited:

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I won promotion to Czech extraliga with Litmoerice. Didn't "play" it, just simulated until end of promotion/relegation round and then added myself as their GM. Player budget was 176k and board gave us rise to 294k, which is not close enough to do anything in extraliga, where lowest budgets are Karlovy Vary (1,5 mil) and Kladno (1,8 mil).

archibalduk

EHM The Blue Line
Oct 29, 2005
England
Great work on this database, but does it not work with the saved game editor?

My edits to contracts don't seem to work, nor can I remove a player from a team.

The Editor isn't designed to edit saved games. I'll be removing saved game compatibility from version 2 of the Editor because the warning on the home screen seems to be overlooked and people are corrupting their saved games.

EHM Editor Warning.png

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I won promotion to Czech extraliga with Litmoerice. Didn't "play" it, just simulated until end of promotion/relegation round and then added myself as their GM. Player budget was 176k and board gave us rise to 294k, which is not close enough to do anything in extraliga, where lowest budgets are Karlovy Vary (1,5 mil) and Kladno (1,8 mil).

What time of the year was it when you took over? Can I see the finance screens for Litmoerice and one of the other clubs to compare, or just get the save game file? Could be a game limitation, AI issue or bug, I very honestly barely play the game and when I do it's an NHL club.

Nail

Mar 21, 2014
Has there been an update so you can control 31 teams yet? Ran a sim league many years ago with 30 teams in the league, but now that there is 31 we haven't been able to run a sim again since playing with 1 computer GM just isn't as fun!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Has there been an update so you can control 31 teams yet? Ran a sim league many years ago with 30 teams in the league, but now that there is 31 we haven't been able to run a sim again since playing with 1 computer GM just isn't as fun!

Nope it’s a hard coded limitation.

Reactions: Nail

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
What time of the year was it when you took over? Can I see the finance screens for Litmoerice and one of the other clubs to compare, or just get the save game file? Could be a game limitation, AI issue or bug, I very honestly barely play the game and when I do it's an NHL club.

I took it in mid April after I saw that Litomerice made promotion. I will get you save file if you tell me how to upload it ? :)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
If this was my DB Spencer had a -14 PA roll, so it's possible that is legit, yes I fixed that processing the trade in my master DB just this morning.
Haha, yeah I had a Sabres save simmed to today, so I just tried the trade.
-14 roll is a top PA of 160 right? Which is around a #3 D-man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->