dellzor

Bo Horvat's Head
Nov 21, 2016
Vancouver, BC
KUUx0Qp.png

holy shit Karlsson

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
So, I'm not sure if I mentioned this here before. I've never really dived into the International scene with EHM. I've strictly played with NHL rosters.

Playing with Lisbon on NHL 32, how does the game 'work' with transfers and the reserve list? I have a bunch of free agents that I did sign for my team, but it shows nobody appear on my reserve list. My roster players, are just my roster players. Also, I do have a small transfer budget that I would like to grow. Is it like Football Manager, where I can put players on a market and teams bid for them? Or do teams don't seem to bid?

I'm thinking in terms of how the A.I handles contracts with players overseas. When I do my scouting with European Leagues, I hardly see a player get 'transferred' for money, they are just signed to 1/2 year deals.

The whole thing seems a bit challenging to understand lol.

So I'm midway in my WHA2 save and it's thrilling so far. It seems like the Canadian League in the WHA is much stronger than the international counterpart. One thing I have noticed is that I can't actually 'buy' players like the other leagues. I can trade within my League, but I can only really offer contracts to Free Agents. Players that are transfer-listed from other countries, I cannot place a bid unless they have no contract (whereas when I played with Saipa as a test I was able to buy/sell)

Reactions: BKarchitect

NeoCanuck

Jay Beagle? In THIS economy?
Jan 17, 2005
North Vancouver B.C.
I'm curious. Have they updated the game with some tweeks since launch? I played EHM 07 religiously but I just couldn't get into EHM: EA.

Seemed like scoring was off, trading for picks didn't make sense because of that lack of strong prospects generations etc..

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I'm curious. Have they updated the game with some tweeks since launch? I played EHM 07 religiously but I just couldn't get into EHM: EA.

Seemed like scoring was off, trading for picks didn't make sense because of that lack of strong prospects generations etc..

If you add extra players and junior players in the starting configuration, you are bound to get more superstar players in the future

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
I did some testing with that - if you want good prospects do not add extra players of any kind. Doing that auto generates players with generally rubbish hidden stats. When players retire, they get recycled as prospects but the hidden stats never change.

I’m finishing the next (and hopefully final) version of my prospect generator in a week or two which will solve the issue you have.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I did some testing with that - if you want good prospects do not add extra players of any kind. Doing that auto generates players with generally rubbish hidden stats. When players retire, they get recycled as prospects but the hidden stats never change.

I’m finishing the next (and hopefully final) version of my prospect generator in a week or two which will solve the issue you have.

I just seeded my next update with the current version of the generator (removed some countries, mostly due to issues with importing with special characters, it creates a lot of bugged names in the DB), I'll back those additions out and wait for the next release!

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

Is that testing long term like what Nino did? He did testing on TBL that supports his theory.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I echo it constantly here, I have never had an issue with developing or finding 'stars' within the game. Sure more players develop properly and become more of a star than others. Besides Sanford, Sandin was drafted in round 4 (while many other goalies were still kicking) and Seman (who was undrafted) - stayed in Europe until I brought him over two seasons ago.

I'm not very good with regen/newgen hunting (nor do I really care at all really). I find that maximizing the database would help creating a bigger pool of players to get from. What I've noticed in my game, players like Seman will pop up more frequently towards the end of their careers (where some abilities are maxed out at 20).

I hit the jackpot landing Sandin. Lundqvist was still going with the Rangers, so I believe he is a new-gen.

I can upload more players if people wish.

sanford.jpg
sandin.jpg

syeman.png

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Archi's got the tables running again over at TBL! :thumbu: As always, thanks so much to Archi for all he does for the EHM community!

They're not all automatically fixed, as each post with a table requires a manual edit to get the tables to show properly (they haven't been showing correctly since the site software update last year)

The Player Roles and their Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Attributes tables can be found here (and now they're readable! HaHa) Player Roles - Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Atts - EHM The Blue Line

ImActuallyAnOtter

Mar 3, 2019
Archi's got the tables running again over at TBL! :thumbu: As always, thanks so much to Archi for all he does for the EHM community!

They're not all automatically fixed, as each post with a table requires a manual edit to get the tables to show properly (they haven't been showing correctly since the site software update last year)

The Player Roles and their Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Attributes tables can be found here (and now they're readable! HaHa) Player Roles - Key/Essential/Non-Essential/Irrelevant Atts - EHM The Blue Line

Hey thanks I’ll check it out!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I had to pull my DB off steam, somehow I messed it up really badly when having two editors open at once while working on the last update, looks like I cross contaminated my DB with BKs. I may have lost a ton of work...

Been there before two editors is useful for editing but dangerous because the way the save is always the last one you had open.

Hopefully you have a backup somewhere? I’ve lost a couple weeks of editing once due to messing up with multiple editors open before. It sucks - although the seconds round of editing usually goes quicker (if frustrating).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Been there before two editors is useful for editing but dangerous because the way the save is always the last one you had open.

Hopefully you have a backup somewhere? I’ve lost a couple weeks of editing once due to messing up with multiple editors open before. It sucks - although the seconds round of editing usually goes quicker (if frustrating).

Looks like it just was my working copy, which I kept notes of what I have done since 2/26 so I can restore my working copy, not a big deal....lucky, the copy on Steam is still good.

Reactions: BKarchitect
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->