Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
It was at extraction, I restarted my laptop and it then worked fine so I've managed to get the database into the game all good but haven't figured out what to do with the logos/photos yet.

Those would go in \Steam\SteamApps\common\Eastside Hockey Manager\data\pictures

Reactions: GBHockey

Juho

May 15, 2018
I'm using the new NHL32x 1.0 roster update.

I just had a weird thing happen in my latest game against the Islanders. The game ended 4-4 in the regular time and when i pressed the 'continue' button to enter OT the result just changed to Islanders beating me 5-2. In the schedule it shows that the game ended in a 4-4 tie but on the standings it seems to indeed count as a 5-2 loss. Also I can't view the boxscore afterwards. So far the game hasn't crashed but I'm scared...

Other than that the update seems to run great. All the work put into different Seattle identities is amazing! Personally I'm not a huge fan of WHA addition so far. It doesn't affect the game hugely, but in the early game I noticed that they do manage to steal some lower end players that I would've liked to add to my roster because Seattle doesn't have a lot of talent in the minor leagues yet. Like some college graduates for example. I can only offer them an ELC but WHA teams give them something like 2mil/year so naturally they opt for that. This isn't game breaking to me by any means since those players would never become difference makers anyway. It's more like a minor inconvenience. Also most of the WHA teams seem to be in a "financial mess" which I suppose is to be expected since they dish out millions to college graduates...

Anyway, great stuff and I especially like the beefed up prospects in future drafts! It's nice to be able to draft some actual talent because the really good regens are really hard to find.

Attachments

• tie.jpg
    tie.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 21
Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
The WHA teams will always end up financial messes if you don't turn "on" the league at the setup screen. They should remain financially viable though if the league is turned on.

Not sure about the game issue you are having - I guess just let me know if it consistently comes up. That sounds more like an EHM bug than something with the database but you never know.

Have you/were you able to change the Seattle club's identity with no issue?

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
And I'm in 2150 now! Started in 2016-2017.

134 Seasons.
110 Stanley Cups.
1 OHL.
1 Memorial Cup.

2 Olympic Gold medals.
3 World Cup Gold medals.
1 World Championship Gold medal.
2 World Championship U20 Gold medals.

Do you coach your games?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
It's been said before but the trade AI just ruins it. Ex: Philly trades Sanheim and Vorobyov for Adam Pelech and Christian Krygler. Detroit traded Tyler Bertuzzi to LA for Chaz Reddekopp and Bulat Sahfigullin...I guess I shouldn't let it bother me

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
I’ll jump in and reverse the trades if bad enough. Yeah, it screws with who is GM of each team but I find the GM position to matter very little to be honest. Yzerman with a 190 ability and 20 for judging players ability and potential seems to differ very little from Chiarelli with a 120 ability and 10 for judging players. I’d rather have realistic trades. I don’t do it often mind you but I’m not about to let one ridiculous trade ruin my entire sim. Plus to be fair, plenty of real GMs make trades that get ridiculed so I’m talking really, really egregious deals.

No hockey game gets trading right but it’s all the hardest and most easy to nitpick portion of a sim engine.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Anyone have any idea how the licenses for the Continental Cup work? I assume they are the Lower A/B/C licenses, but it appears IRL there are five groups. Has anyone tried updating the clubs for this competition?

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Anyone have any idea how the licenses for the Continental Cup work? I assume they are the Lower A/B/C licenses, but it appears IRL there are five groups. Has anyone tried updating the clubs for this competition?

Like with CHL I don’t think it can be updated because the way the licenses work. In NHL32 the entrants are updated based on 17-18 positions with a few tweaks to have it follow the older format in EHM. Best I could do.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
And I'm in 2150 now! Started in 2016-2017.

134 Seasons.
110 Stanley Cups.
1 OHL.
1 Memorial Cup.

2 Olympic Gold medals.
3 World Cup Gold medals.
1 World Championship Gold medal.
2 World Championship U20 Gold medals.

does the any database become 'unstable' after a certain point in time? I wonder how the database would hold up by the year 3000.

Daeni10

Kunitz was there
Dec 31, 2013
Cologne
Question for people, has anyone actually figured out how to get good ratings out of your centers and how to get production out of your bottom-6? It seems like every team I have ends up with 2Cs with ratings below 6.75, 3Cs and 4Cs with ratings below 6.25 and bottom-6 groups who can't score. In my most recent game with the Oilers, my 3rd line was Dzingel-Jarnkrok-Puljujarvi, but they combined for like 3 ES goals in 40 games and Jarkrok was right at a 6.00 rating (despite being a 150 PA player).

I've played the game for like 1900 hours, but I still haven't figured out how to make a productive bottom-6. Pretty much every time I win the cup, it's because my goalie is putting up a .930 save% or better and my team is winning every game 3-1.

I have the same problem even with my 2nd line, at least in the NHL. Malkin is like a 40-60 point players as my 2nd line center playing with Guentzel and Rust this year but also last year where he had Kreider and Zuccarello as his wings. He still has a 7.12 average rating but for a guy like Malkin thats sooo subpar. To a point where I don't even know if I wanna keep him because its really not worth the 9.5 Million

Brewsky

King Of The Ice Mugs
Jan 26, 2011
King County
www.brewsky.com
Can anybody comment on how the sim stat totals are? I'm a stat nerd and would love the season player stats to be somewhat representative of the season.

For example, in a 1993 sim, are top players scoring around 100+ points.

In a 2019 sim, what are the point totals like for the top 5 players?

Will help me decide between EHM and FHM.

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Can anybody comment on how the sim stat totals are? I'm a stat nerd and would love the season player stats to be somewhat representative of the season.

It depends on the detail level within the sim. Nino from TBL did some testing regarding that

PensFan101

Forever Champions.
Apr 23, 2007
Owen Sound

ehm1.png

N7s5LSq

Just simmed a season with ECK's excellent DB. Numbers are a little lower than they will be this year because the game doesn't account for goaltender equipment size and the changes in style of play, but it's pretty darn accurate.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
Solid sim stats, I'm torn between EHM and FHM, anybody have any insight on what kind of player would like either?

Both are very good. FHM made some nice improvements compared to FHM 2 or 3. I play both, for example last season I have mostly played FHM 4. Since beginning of this season main focus was on EHM, while today or tomorrow (depends when I recieve my salary :D ) I will buy FHM 5 and start to play FHM again. :)

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Solid sim stats, I'm torn between EHM and FHM, anybody have any insight on what kind of player would like either?

I'm biased but still haven't seen anything guts-wise from FHM that would make me switch. Now, if you are into easily accessing historical seasons, I think FHM definitely has that down (though Nino has in the past made some sweet retro databases for EHM). And FHM looks slicker and more modern in its interface...EHM is starting to show its age. But for me, the pre-game editing and customization of databases for EHM and the in-game sim results still are as good as you are going to find. Again, not saying EHM is better just that I prefer it.

Both are far from perfect so expect plenty of "what the heck" moments...but regardless, you'll still find yourself sucked into hours upon hours of play. I don't think either is that expensive at this point so it may be best to try both out and decide for yourself. That way you'll be supporting both for future development :)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
My biggest issue with FHM is it just doesn't feel deep enough, from the lack of leagues to lack of detail in scouting and convoluted star ranking system. I also feel it is much more repetitive then EHM. I have major issues with the way AI coaching and line setting works but the easy drop in to commissioner mode to edit/override anything is nice and it really is pretty sweet if you are into historical play-troughs.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
My biggest issue with FHM is it just doesn't feel deep enough, from the lack of leagues to lack of detail in scouting and convoluted star ranking system. I also feel it is much more repetitive then EHM. I have major issues with the way AI coaching and line setting works but the easy drop in to commissioner mode to edit/override anything is nice and it really is pretty sweet if you are into historical play-troughs.

What do you mean by that ? :)

Matt UK

Mar 31, 2012
Wales, UK
I've got both, FHM looks better and runs more leagues FAR quicker but I just don't find it absorbing enough.

EHM is slightly better - it just has that 'one more game' pull, although as someone said, it's becoming dated and the lack of updates (although understandable) are frustrating.

Personally, I think the future is FHM is the future of computer hockey sims - if I was the maker of EHM, I'd be converting it into tablet form and hitting the market that way as I think it would be absolutely perfect.

filip85

Feb 7, 2017
I've got both, FHM looks better and runs more leagues FAR quicker but I just don't find it absorbing enough.

EHM is slightly better - it just has that 'one more game' pull, although as someone said, it's becoming dated and the lack of updates (although understandable) are frustrating.

Personally, I think the future is FHM is the future of computer hockey sims -

Well said. When it comes to CA (current ability) - slight advantage to EHM, when it comes to PA (potential ability) - FHM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad