Easton Blade Names

gar013

Jan 10, 2011
I just bought an EQ30 (which i must say is pretty good) and its a p4 Hall pattern. Hall has replaced Sakic in the Easton blade lines, but what happens if Hall is a bust like greg oden? I think they shouldve kept Sakic's name on there for a bit longer (unless it had something to do with rights and the NHLPA)

kr580

Who knows.
Aug 9, 2009
California
Hall is an exciting up and comer. If it doesn't work out they can just sign a deal with someone for the next line of product.

Names don't matter at all anyhow.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I'd rather they just had pattern names like Combat does (HCR = heel curve round, MC = mid curve, etc). Or codes like Bauer (PM9, P91A, etc). They're always going to change the names around and it gets confusing when they do it every year.

Rush22*

Just ignore the name on the stick and read the information Easton prints on each stick stating Lie, Depth, Cruve, Ect....

Nov 26, 2010
NJ
I've used an Parise (Drury) easton Eq50 this whole season, and i must say that the feel on the stick is great for catching passes and has a quick release, However the weights at the bottom of the stick can crack and fall out, hasbt happend to me yet though

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
I just bought an EQ30 (which i must say is pretty good) and its a p4 Hall pattern. Hall has replaced Sakic in the Easton blade lines, but what happens if Hall is a bust like greg oden? I think they shouldve kept Sakic's name on there for a bit longer (unless it had something to do with rights and the NHLPA)

It's a year to year contract for the most part. The Modano curve was a staple for Easton for years, then post-lockout he signed with Reebok who didn't keep him as a sponsor for too long. The Modano became the Forsberg which is now the Zetterberg.

Realistically it's mostly marketing. Each of the equipment companies seemingly go out of their way to sign the next big thing to endorse their stuff.

And yes, there have been some questionable blade sponsors in the past. My buddy still jokes about his Alyn McCauley Mission stick.

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
A huge portion of stick sales comes from parents buying sticks for their kids. Sakic isn't gonna mean a whole lot to young uns, but Hall is an exciting up and comer, it's just smart marketing. If Hall busts, they'll just name the pattern something else.

I agree with Jarick though, I do like the way Bauer does it. A name that doesn't change (i.e. PM9) as well as a name used for marketing that does change (the PM9 has been the Hossa, St. Louis, Malkin, Stamkos, etc.). They can get their marketing in, but it's always easy to know what your curve is.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Even better, if I were running a hockey company, I'd make sure I have a few distinct lines, give them unique names (like Warrior does), not change the models every year, and make all the names and patterns four or more letters/characters long. Pet peeve that you can't use forum searches half the time for models like ST or PM9 or whatever.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad